Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone got any hints for how to deal with
(Minor 'first real dungeon' spoilers)
The water elemental? It kills anyone it attacks in one turn, has a pretty massive health/resist pool and decent saves. Even after greasing it for 4 turns I couldn't even get it down to half health and then it stood up and killed everyone in 2 turns. I tried scrolls of serious wounding, but the AoO killed my dude. Afaik the game doesn't have facing to prevent AoOs?
Unless you're a complete casul, you should've bumped into at least 2 potions of Enlarge Person + Cam should have 1 such spell memorized. Use your imagination.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
The water elemental? It kills anyone it attacks in one turn, has a pretty massive health/resist pool and decent saves. Even after greasing it for 4 turns I couldn't even get it down to half health and then it stood up and killed everyone in 2 turns. I tried scrolls of serious wounding, but the AoO killed my dude. Afaik the game doesn't have facing to prevent AoOs?
Unless you're a complete casul, you should've bumped into at least 2 potions of Enlarge Person + Cam should have 1 such spell memorized. Use your imagination.
He’s playing caster

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The opening is ...something alright. I like the idea, but it kinda feels unearned.
it is rush-y and non chalant. i agree it's not what i'm used to. but i think its a problem of trying to cram this insane ebin story into merely 60-80 hours of play.
Last I heard they said it actually takes 100+ hours.
Considering the tabletop version requires months, if not years, to play through, 100 hours still seems low ;d Either way, maybe it's more effective/impactful if you care about Golarion as a setting and know more about what's actually going on. Don't get me wrong, I somehow liked the more cinematic approach, it just feels what is happening lacks context.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Desiderius any relation to this part of the team?
tXWAtYr.png

Delterius

Arcane
The opening is ...something alright. I like the idea, but it kinda feels unearned.
it is rush-y and non chalant. i agree it's not what i'm used to. but i think its a problem of trying to cram this insane ebin story into merely 60-80 hours of play.
Last I heard they said it actually takes 100+ hours.
Considering the tabletop version requires months, if not years, to play through, 100 hours still seems low ;d Either way, maybe it's more effective/impactful if you care about Golarion as a setting and know more about what's actually going on. Don't get me wrong, I somehow liked the more cinematic approach, it just feels what is happening lacks context.
the exact thing they said was 'we aimed for 100 hours in kingmaker and we got 120, so we are now aiming for 80 hours hoping to get a 100 hour game'. i consider the kingmaker estimates exaggerated btw.

Shadenuat

Arcane
the funniest good old BG1 way is to kite him around the table at the end of the room while shooting him in RTwP. but on high difficulty it would take a while.

there are a lot of good potions in the dungeon that, if you use all of them, would buff your party enough to kill him.

Lacrymas

Arcane
the exact thing they said was 'we aimed for 100 hours in kingmaker and we got 120, so we are now aiming for 80 hours hoping to get a 100 hour game'. i consider the kingmaker estimates exaggerated btw.
My point was that they wouldn't have been able to cram in the entire thing either way. We'll see how it goes from here, but staring off super epic doesn't leave you a lot of room for going forward ;d

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Honestly, I liked the char models in the alpha version more, not a fan of some of the cosmetic changes to the classes they made.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
igbpMHT.png

This may be the most munckiny character I've ever made.

A dhampir crossblooded sorcerer with a noble leader bg. He can use swords is pretty much already a vampire and can eventually turn into a dragon at will.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I used to have a link for a ton of character art hosted on imgur or somewhere. Anyone got something like that? Or just a good suggestion for a source?
If you're not into cropping your own portraits, the biggest packs from Kingmaker are here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/5

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/92

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/55
So before I commit to this I need to get past the Eurojank and terrible grammar of the first one. Is this game better in those two regards?
Are you kidding? Grab the new one and away you go!
Infinitron here is me mug,you could make the new thread now,i allow it.

kvgmUOW.png
Too much dexterity for a fat fuck like this one.

Shadenuat

Arcane
idk about Cavaliers but the motto of Wrath for itemization is: shitton of everything, of every weapon, for everyone, and more, and then some.

Lacrymas

Arcane
igbpMHT.png

This may be the most munckiny character I've ever made.

A dhampir crossblooded sorcerer with a noble leader bg. He can use swords is pretty much already a vampire and can eventually turn into a dragon at will.
It looks super Original Character Do Not Steal (tm) to me. Also kind of anime?

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Yea, so I’m when I’m mounted I can’t change targets during an encounter, is that intended? I have no AI and attempting to direct either my mount or my man doesn’t work. Like I can’t move period once combat starts, horse just charges.
Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Ooooh, I like Wenduag. Also, did they cover Lann's nipples? For shame. Camellia looks shifty already, I can't wait for her to tell me about her cannibalism!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom