Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
N1XbFen.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b355kQVNbk

Even the blacksmith isn't safe. Just how do you get arms like that and still have a fat, dumpy computer desk ass?
Isn't this...

1022086.jpg
...the actual model? (I put the picture in spoiler because its resolution is large.)

If so, it's her baggy pants that make her look fat. The angle doesn't help either.

Ah, I see Charsi aged 20 years too.

Sykar

Arcane
N1XbFen.png

Even the blacksmith isn't safe. Just how do you get arms like that and still have a fat, dumpy computer desk ass?
Isn't this...

1022086.jpg
...the actual model? (I put the picture in spoiler because its resolution is large.)

If so, it's her baggy pants that make her look fat. The angle doesn't help either.

Do people really get a boner from freaking Charsi?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I love the blackwashing on a white character in this SJW abomination. This isn't a remaster. It's a SJW re-imagining.
The original character was black. He was a lot more clean cut though, so I can't blame you for thinking he was a tan white guy.
Why do you care what other men get a boner over? Why would not liking a change to a character's appearance mean they got boners over her?
Congratulations, this is the most asinine post I've read in this forum.
Hello to you too, faggot.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
They just need to give up and pay random Russian on artstation 100$/face at this point, it just becomes sad.

As for me, I have bested Lord Diablo with a poison dagger in 1.0

Favorite parts:
- killing Duriel by tanking him with iron maiden drinking 16 rejuvination potions
- going through super cool generated flayer jungle that had 3-4 roundabouts and deadends, filled with 200 blowpipe little bros
- entrance to mephisto with 8+ fire vampires turning whole screen into flame wall (1.0 has no cast delays for you or monsters)
- burning all saved mana in terrible rage in chaos sanctuary on all the oblivion knights to corpse explode whole place
- summoning clay golem 100 times to iron maiden diablo and then kill him finally with 1 dagger stab

in some ways, necro is faster than Sorceress, but in other places, he can be close to helpless, it's p funny

exploded a lot of cows to blow steam away and gambled Tarnhelm.

afterall, why would i
why wouldn't I put more points into corpse explosion??

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I love the blackwashing on a white character in this SJW abomination. This isn't a remaster. It's a SJW re-imagining.
The original character was black. He was a lot more clean cut though, so I can't blame you for thinking he was a tan white guy.

Well I stand corrected. I always remembered him being white, so it must have been my monitor settings way back then.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

He was dark-skinned(like a Saracen), but he was 100% not a negro, let alone the most simian-faced creature to emerge from the jungle in centuries. The demons should be sending him back into the abyss.

iu

upload_2021-9-2_14-21-2.jpeg

Shadenuat

Arcane
More like/could be ethiopian christian. Instead of heavy armor he should have been armed with a light armor, sabre and light shield.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
He was dark-skinned(like a Saracen), but he was 100% not a negro
The guy who designed him was black and the concept art was clearly of a black guy.

But yeah, in game he was extremely clean cut and came off more as a swarthy knight to me when I first played it.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
The guy who designed him was black and the concept art was clearly of a black guy.

But yeah, in game he was extremely clean cut and came off more as a swarthy knight to me when I first played it.

Do you have a source on that, or the concept art?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
N1XbFen.png

Isn't this...

1022086.jpg

It's not the matter of getting a boner, it's the matter of ActiBlizz altering a youthful character.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
N1XbFen.png

Isn't this...

1022086.jpg

Kind of a old Sarah Conner mixed with butch version of Marcy Darcy?

You know, blizzard is doing this on purpose like every other ip attacked by the left agenda.

I'd of been fine with the remaster looking like...

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

As a tribute, they should replicate his face 100% :)
upload_2021-9-3_4-30-1.png

BLZ10yrMar2k1_MScandizzoKelly.jpg

1510526172-3494775075.png

1510526172-1950438035.png
1510526171-2537198156.png
1510526171-2537198156.png
Blizzard3.png

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

As a tribute, they should replicate his face 100% :)
View attachment 20652

BLZ10yrMar2k1_MScandizzoKelly.jpg
Yeah. That's the guy. Here's the concept.
V9xkkU0.png

Plus the game:

00Vsm8a.gif

You have to admit, that's pretty dark.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
This outrage over rather miniscule character art changes in a fucking loot-grinder like diablo 2 is hilarious. Really guys? Sure, the remaster is a cash-grab, since they only have to build a new skin for an existing game, but seriously obsessing over such slight changes, when you farm and run bosses or zones like a monkey? Screen exploding constantly in fire/ice, but you surely watch that sorc breastline.
I get it, I do. But in fucking D2? also I kidna find it hilarious how somhow D2 got elevated to some defender of christian-gothic-dante-conservative values, when it was one of the true harbingers of decline.
They just wanted to play it as safe as possible to not incur the wrath of the pink-haired twitter squads. But in a loot-slasher just as D2 I reaaaaally don't care.
Also, once you equipt your toons with armor, they will get covered more anyways. For example the assassin main gfx is just an assassin wearing some kind of heavy armor. Who the fuck cares about her face anyway when you just want to bash skulls in and find loot.

This outrage over rather miniscule character art changes in a fucking loot-grinder like diablo 2 is hilarious. Really guys? Sure, the remaster is a cash-grab, since they only have to build a new skin for an existing game, but seriously obsessing over such slight changes, when you farm and run bosses or zones like a monkey? Screen exploding constantly in fire/ice, but you surely watch that sorc breastline.
I get it, I do. But in fucking D2? also I kidna find it hilarious how somhow D2 got elevated to some defender of christian-gothic-dante-conservative values, when it was one of the true harbingers of decline.
They just wanted to play it as safe as possible to not incur the wrath of the pink-haired twitter squads. But in a loot-slasher just as D2 I reaaaaally don't care.
Also, once you equipt your toons with armor, they will get covered more anyways. For example the assassin main gfx is just an assassin wearing some kind of heavy armor. Who the fuck cares about her face anyway when you just want to bash skulls in and find loot.

Harthwain

Magister
This outrage over rather miniscule character art changes in a fucking loot-grinder like diablo 2 is hilarious. Really guys? Sure, the remaster is a cash-grab, since they only have to build a new skin for an existing game, but seriously obsessing over such slight changes, when you farm and run bosses or zones like a monkey? Screen exploding constantly in fire/ice, but you surely watch that sorc breastline. I get it, I do. But in fucking D2?
Making unnecessary changes when doing a remaster of a classic is always going to cause arguments. Just don't fix what ain't broken. I remember Activision saying they wanted to "redo" the voices for the remaster of Starcraft 1. Thankfully, enough people were upset at this stupid idea (because the original voices were amazing) and they backed down. I doubt the same is going to happen here, but the core idea remains the same.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
This outrage over rather miniscule character art changes in a fucking loot-grinder like diablo 2 is hilarious. Really guys? Sure, the remaster is a cash-grab, since they only have to build a new skin for an existing game, but seriously obsessing over such slight changes, when you farm and run bosses or zones like a monkey? Screen exploding constantly in fire/ice, but you surely watch that sorc breastline. I get it, I do. But in fucking D2?
Making unnecessary changes when doing a remaster of a classic is always going to cause arguments. Just don't fix what ain't broken. I remember Activision saying they wanted to "redo" the voices for the remaster of Starcraft 1. Thankfully, enough people were upset at this stupid idea (because the original voices were amazing) and they backed down. I doubt the same is going to happen here, but the core idea remains the same.
Difference being that back then there were no SJW death-squads. I dislike the changes too, but as long as the mass-media and their social-media appendages wield such power, I can at least understand why said changes occur.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Who the fuck cares about her face anyway when you just want to bash skulls in and find loot.

superficial sheep like you that "reaaaaaaally" don't care and can't be bothered to get upset for such small things are the ones that realize all of a sudden they have the proverbial dick in their butt and have to suck cock for a living :)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom