Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Buahahahahaah went to sleep in the inn and wake up surrounded by corpses.

8cCSuF2.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
by description looks more like a larp build, i

Role playing while playing RPG's, what is the problem? Being a vampire or half vampire necromancer with powerful blood infusions in necromantic spells sounds amazing. I'm not playing in unfair.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Strength damage down to 0 in the first real area I went to after the intro. Damn, game ain't fucking around. Can't even buy restoration scrolls yet due to finances, and if I rest for 2 weeks the plot moves on, so... hmmm. Also the intro/tutorial was too fucking long.

That aside, having a good time. Too much derpy dialog at times but Kingmaker was similar. Funny the game performs worse than Cyberpunk in some areas, but hey that's Unity for ya, not really Owlcat's fault I guess.

I only played for some 20 min but I had really poor performance as well, like 15-20fps. I don't have a monster computer but it's decent (i7, 32gb ram, pci-e SSD, 1080) enough and considering how this game looks this seems like just laughably poor optimization.

Suicidal

Arcane
A question to the suckers who bought this on day 1:

Is it actually a playable game this time and not an early pre-alpha that Kingmaker was on release?

Jinn

Arcane

Is it actually a playable game this time and not an early pre-alpha that Kingmaker was on release?

Been glued to the game literally all day. 9 hours in and I don't want to put it down. Nothing has broken for me, or even been notable obnoxious beyond not being able to disable the tutorial messages. So I guess I don't feel like much of a sucker at this point.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Been glued to the game literally all day. 9 hours in and I don't want to put it down. Nothing has broken for me, or even been notable obnoxious beyond not being able to disable the tutorial messages. So I guess I don't feel like much of a sucker at this point.

I hate people who took off today, I have to wait until the end of the day until I can play again

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I only played for some 20 min but I had really poor performance as well, like 15-20fps. I don't have a monster computer but it's decent (i7, 32gb ram, pci-e SSD, 1080) enough and considering how this game looks this seems like just laughably poor optimization.

I don't remember Kingmaker's performance that well but I recently played Pillars 2 and it varied from 144fps down to 40fps depending on what was on screen. Unity just sucks for performance.

Shadenuat

Arcane
by description looks more like a larp build, i

Role playing while playing RPG's, what is the problem? Being a vampire or half vampire necromancer with powerful blood infusions in necromantic spells sounds amazing. I'm not playing in unfair.
nothing, u just said about nerfed/amazing/effectiviness.
what looks better is Sickening effect, but many classes can apply it basically by autoattacking or even standing near enemy.
judging by pnp version, abilities Cats couldn't find any use for in combat they just scrapped without giving you any interesting replacements. bad way to implement kits.

Suicidal

Arcane
Thanks for the answers, guess I'll buy it then, hope there won't be any progress-breaking bugs 100 hours down the line.

Jinn

Arcane
Thanks for the answers, guess I'll buy it then, hope there won't be any progress-breaking bugs 100 hours down the line.

Before you buy it, know that the beta testers mentioned that it's solid and without gamebreaking bugs up until chapter 4. There are 6 chapters, I believe, so there might be more serious bugs in the last two. If you're planning on playing the game to completion in a week or something, you might want to hold off. If you know you're going to want to play it eventually anyway, I'd say go for it.

I'm just saying from a fun-factor standpoint, I know I won't be regretting my purchase.

Robber Baron

Savant
wait for it.
at minimum u can punish quite a few ppl, but you need to become Commander first.
companions, too, the choices are way further later, like Ch 3.

I can bet money it'd be another case of argg I kill you with a teary dialog to make player feel bad for killing the snowflake.
You just can't have a strong willed non retarded persona, even in virutal media, nowadays

Sheepherder

Augur
Mutagen Fighter or basic Slayer for a ranged build? I picked these two because they have few per day abilities and no spells. But I have a few question to people who played the beta:
  1. Fighter looks nice because of the level 20 crit hit feat. But how relevant are lvl20 feats? I remember in Kingmaker, level 20 was mostly irrelevant because of how late you'd get it.
  2. I'm thinking of getting Combat Reflexes and using it with Greater Snap Shot. The idea is I'd get a bazillion Attacks of Opportunity against advancing enemies during the first few turns of combat. The range is 15 ft. tho. How useful would this be in practice?
  3. There's a feat which dispels magical effects from upon Sneak Attacks, available to Slayer. There's another one which applies, I think, Sickened on dispel. Looks nice. But are there any enemies to dispel?
  4. Hammer the Gap looks nice on paper for ranged on a full BaB class and all those extra attacks from feats. But if I understand correctly, the bonus damage is lost upon a miss. And the biggest damage bonus is on the last attacks when AB is the lowest. So it's not so good?

Suicidal

Arcane

Before you buy it, know that the beta testers mentioned that it's solid and without gamebreaking bugs up until chapter 4. There are 6 chapters, I believe, so there might be more serious bugs in the last two. If you're planning on playing the game to completion in a week or something, you might want to hold off. If you know you're going to want to play it eventually anyway, I'd say go for it.

I'm just saying from a fun-factor standpoint, I know I won't be regretting my purchase.

Thanks for the warning.

I might actually play through this game twice to see the differences between mythic paths so I'll do one play through now and one when they release the DLCs and patch stuff up.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Why is everyone either black, lesbian or a woman?

They want to make you feel special when you play a white guy
If you want your crusade to be successful...
The entire world filled with multicultural epitomes of uniqueness was powerless to stop a demon invasion until you came along. Kinda lends to the theory that they needed a white guy to tell them what to do the whole time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom