Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Duraframe300

Arcane
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6237/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Didn't know hate-translating exists:

A predominantly sprite-based game, unoriginal and already inferior by 4th generation console standards, “J.League Dynamite Soccer 64″ is a strong contender for the worst N64 football title. It is, however, easy to play with simple to pick up, arcade-style controls. Now this lousy sports title and its exclusively Japanese clubs are available in English for the first time, to the delight of no one.

:hmmm:

mck

Cipher
Anyone know where to find a pre-patched version of that? The usual sources don't have it

flyingjohn

Arcane
Anyone know where to find a pre-patched version of that? The usual sources don't have it
There is none.
And you would have to find 4 different versions because of the balance changes(4 difficulties) if you want the full experience.
Which complicates things even more.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Curious, its not available in a lot of places, but I did find it one of IA's collections of 3DO games, and one French site. The lack of copies can probably be placed squarely on it being Korean and on an expensive console. Neither on their own are a prime target for preservationists, but together seems to have made it very obscure.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Found it.
You have to reach paradise(it is a hint).
It is the normal difficulty version,though. Really wanted the hard difficulty one.

distant

Learned
Found it.
It is the normal difficulty version,though. Really wanted the hard difficulty one.

Can't mount because it's corrupted/won't boot in Retroarch. Might have to patch it myself. Is it actually any good though?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Found it.

Can't mount because it's corrupted/won't boot in Retroarch. Might have to patch it myself. Is it actually any good though?
It is solid for a console tactical game,plus how many console tactical games deal with guns instead of fantasy?

Duraframe300

Arcane
Some Updates

The PSX version of Beavis and Butthead: Virtual Stupidity got translated. Why the PSX version of it was exclusive to Japan I have no idea.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6283/

Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 6 got an updated translation. From the description

Unfortunately, large portions of it were quite inaccurate and contained profanities and slurs that most fans deemed inappropriate. This new translation aims to be more faithful to the original japanese script. Additionally, it contains a number of minor fixes.

Naturally I checked if that meant SJW'fied, but a short look does seem to indicate that the original translator went extra edgy rather than the game now being full of trannies.
*After some more research the original translator even added refrences to Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged . So, yeah. Most likely a massive improvement.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6292/

Rabio Lepus Special

Arcade Port for the TurboGrafx-16. Got a release for Arcade in North America where it was named Rabbit Punch

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6281/

Mirrors

Horror VN for the PC-88

The story, written by Hiroyuki Kitahara, tells the player a story of David Astley, the lead singer of promising “Eleno Vision”, who is being haunted by nightmares about mysterious man who is going to kill him. While he and his bandmates are preparing for their first tour of Europe, David’s dreams are getting worse and just on the eve of tour something ominous happens…

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6263/

Edit:

New Tales of Destiny DC progress update

Changelog:
Scenario Files Translated: 100%
Editing: 67.13%
Menus: 98%
** The final 2% is the Synopsis that we are working on insertion for.
Continuing proofread fixes to Story, NPCs and Skits.
Updated SLPS
Updated Skit Titles

https://github.com/furiousg4m3r/Tales-of-Destiny-DC

Edit 2

Progress Update for Tales of Innocence R for PSP

Story 76%,
Movie Subs 99%,
Skit 68%,
Menu 98%,
NPC 82%

https://github.com/lifebottle/Tales-of-Innocence-R/

Last edited:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Naturally I checked if that meant SJW'fied, but a short look does seem to indicate that the original translator went extra edgy rather than the game now being full of trannies.
*After some more research the original translator even added refrences to Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged . So, yeah. Most likely a massive improvement.
Do you have a citation for that? I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to see for myself.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Do you have a citation for that? I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to see for myself.
Short look at the game myself and no material and discussion about who's what gender + reactions of those who played the previous translation. I don't think it would help to cite a specific one, but the stuff I mentioned (Edgy and Abridged references) got cited on multiple sites (Reddit, comment section of a certain romantic download site and so on) It's not hard to find.

The *offensive* stuff I've seen mentioned and its outrage also seems to fall firmly in place of edgy add-ons than accurate translation. Like rape jokes or your character calling others a bunch of faggots or over the top swearing in general (*Fuck at every corner, your tag partner mentioning how he's going to murder you in your sleep after losing*). I mean it could be fun in the Pokemon Rom-Hack sort of way, but yeah.

Duraframe300

Arcane
A translation of F-Zero Climax (F-Zero game final one to be released) is apparently far in the works. The game has two previous ones, but both had an untimely end.

Sorry about not sharing updates on all this time, the translation isn't cancelled.

Right now we need someone to extract and insert graphics from the game, we already have all the text translated and documented.

For now we have all the chapters, pilots and vehicle profiles translated, so it's about the menus and a few more lines to get it complete.

Quote me to this message if you want to help or open me a private message if I don't see the answer on this thread.

We would really love to have the translation finished. :yaysp:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-translation-f-zero-climax.483584/page-2

Came across it while searching for F-Zero related stuff.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
qmlpaEs.png

XmHQtqJ.jpg

SerratedBiz

Arcane
The interface reminds me of Knights of Xentar AKA Dragon Knight III.

But yeah, post the fucking game name.

deuxhero

Arcane
How will we know if it's the worst Suikoden when this isn't translated yet?

Best I can find is it's a parody that combines the Konami's Suikoden with it Tokimeki Memorial series and it all began as an April Fools joke. It may legitimately be better but I have no idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom