Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
"Oh, these guys seem unusually strong... Wait a second..!"
upload_2021-9-3_23-4-0.png

(I'm level 6.)

gongal

Educated
Boy, I sure do miss fantasy characters in a fantasy setting speaking in an old-timey or some other appropriate fashion.

:majordecline:

Yeah... Instead you are literally surrounded by modern cucks, super chad wamen, redditors, trannies, lesbians and minorities in power. What the fuck is this game?

I would like to let everyone know that while you were failing to kill a tutorial mob on normal and or being tediously bogged down by trash mobs, I have ransacked a challenging but not tedious dungeon, a spooky Tomb filled with undead of a variety of sorts - including a cool named character, and used the wealth I got from looting the place to purchase and outfit a floating fortress of a ship with the finest cannons on the market. I then gleefully sank a galleon with my cool new ship :)

Thank you Josh! <3 :friendly: :balance:

Remember kids, German craftsmanship > Russian shovelware

Infi pls approve I promise to only post high quality posts this account

Zeriel

Arcane
Boy, I sure do miss fantasy characters in a fantasy setting speaking in an old-timey or some other appropriate fashion.

Yeah... Instead you are literally surrounded by modern cucks, redditors, trannies and lesbians. What the fuck is this game?

Honestly, devs get bullied into doing this largely. Don't get me wrong, they are libcucks themselves, but if you google stuff about this game you can find twitter threads where people are yelling at them for not making the portraits pozzed enough, so the pressure is there. And while you will find people like us complaining in our own spaces, we don't go and yell at them on Twitter every other day to make things more based.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Honestly, devs get bullied into doing this largely. Don't get me wrong, they are libcucks themselves, but if you google stuff about this game you can find twitter threads where people are yelling at them for not making the portraits pozzed enough, so the pressure is there. And while you will find people like us complaining in our own spaces, we don't go and yell at them on Twitter every other day to make things more based.
Because we can't. We'll be banned from twitter or they'll block us. They won't block their LGBT fans though.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Also probably gonna jinx it, but I'm almost to the end of Act 1 and I haven't encountered a single significant issue yet.

Just the usual Unity bad performance shit.
The game actually runs a lot better for me than kingmaker. Faster loading times. Still some stuttering because my computer is shit but nothing crazy. I was worried when the game looked bigger and nicer than kingmaker

For me, the game seems more resource intensive than PFKM at 4k resolution. Having to turn the game down to Medium settings in order to get above 30 fps
:rage:

dacencora

Which is why the classics from the 90s will always be classics. It's just more fun when they say things like "forsooth" and "peradventure". It always feels disquieting to hear someone in full plate say "kinda".

dacencora

Also probably gonna jinx it, but I'm almost to the end of Act 1 and I haven't encountered a single significant issue yet.

Just the usual Unity bad performance shit.
The game actually runs a lot better for me than kingmaker. Faster loading times. Still some stuttering because my computer is shit but nothing crazy. I was worried when the game looked bigger and nicer than kingmaker

For me, the game seems more resource intensive than PFKM at 4k resolution. Having to turn the game down to Medium settings in order to get above 30 fps
:rage:
Yeah same here, my 1080 is struggling to keep it above 40fps at 1440p on the highest settings. Medium takes me to 60, which was also the case for Deadfire.

Robber Baron

Savant

Current liberal anti-culture push is something that yelling won't fix
That said they chose this module for that exact reason of virtue signaling to get into the big boys club by pandering to their agenda

Funposter

Arcane
I was experiencing choice paralysis in character creation until I realized that the companions seems extra pozzed compared to the original. Now that I'm going to make a custom party, I actually CAN play all of those options that I thought would be fun/interesting.

jackofshadows

Magister
That exp is distributed to every companion that you have and don't yet have. Which is a 13 way split. Most people go for party-only members, and then figure it out as they go along. I recommend you do the same, Volourn.
Wait a fucking second, for real? :D I'm gimping myself nicely it seems. Although I'm planning to become a lich after all and most probably use mercenaries so who cares. Exp for the lem with non-shared xp by the way. 1st try thanks to intimidation from the thread (party was half-damaged beforehand and he hit negressus once). And speaking of the reward, there's a chest with sorta unique ring and amulet AC +1 so it's all good.
tNnp3Ff.png
How dangerous anti-rest mechanic is? I rested only once in the maze so far and I wanna rest more because some trash mobs just obliterated me one by one ^_^

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean it’s not a FPS why do your care about fps? Of course it’s stupid unity shit but it’s not like lag is killing you or something.

Zeriel

Arcane

That said they chose this module for that exact reason of virtue signaling to get into the big boys club by pandering to their agenda

I agree, there is bedrock support for this and they are getting pressure from more than just people on Twitter, but it is something I noticed when I googled portraits, and it's definitely part of the climate they operate in. Imagine pandering to these people and still getting beat on every day.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I guess I'm ahead of the curve since nobody seems to be talking about this garbage. It's the same bullshit like in Kingmaker House fights.

View attachment 20665

No way to deal with this with my current party. No way to prgoress.

E: And just like that I beat the fight after a dozen tries. Doesn't feel like an accomplishment though.

The game is extremely overtuned early on. You face level 5 enemies or enemies way more equipped than they should be for your level. I don't know why owlcat thinks this is good game design, there is barely even any reward for beating this overtuned fights too. The game also just gets progressively easier later.

In the maze you are fighting mobs that can hit you for 30+ damage with masterwork or composite weapons and immediately one hit kill even the paladin in your party with no outplay if you don't have hard CC. Why are we level 2 fighting characters that are level 5+ with such weapons?

This wasn't my experience at all and I played a two-handed fighter on core so no extra cc. I died 3 times to the water elemental but that was it for the maze.

What difficulty level are you playing on?

Desiderius

Patron
I was experiencing choice paralysis in character creation until I realized that the companions seems extra pozzed compared to the original. Now that I'm going to make a custom party, I actually CAN play all of those options that I thought would be fun/interesting.

There’s one pozzed companion. The two evil chix are over the top evil. Most of the Poz is NPC shit.

Zeriel

Arcane
I guess I'm ahead of the curve since nobody seems to be talking about this garbage. It's the same bullshit like in Kingmaker House fights.

View attachment 20665

E: And just like that I beat the fight after a dozen tries. Doesn't feel like an accomplishment though.

The game is extremely overtuned early on. You face level 5 enemies or enemies way more equipped than they should be for your level. I don't know why owlcat thinks this is good game design, there is barely even any reward for beating this overtuned fights too. The game also just gets progressively easier later.

In the maze you are fighting mobs that can hit you for 30+ damage with masterwork or composite weapons and immediately one hit kill even the paladin in your party with no outplay if you don't have hard CC. Why are we level 2 fighting characters that are level 5+ with such weapons?

This wasn't my experience at all and I played a two-handed fighter on core so no extra cc. I died 3 times to the water elemental but that was it for the maze.

If you play on core or above it's very RNG--as tabletop rulesets tend to be. Difference between a crit roll and a not crit roll can be your entire health pool as a very tanky level 3~ fighter.

I think Owlcat's design is to make Core+ overtuned though, since they expect the people playing on that to use all the dirty tricks that make any difficulty a joke. Normal on the other hand is a total faceroll.

Desiderius

Patron

I agree, there is bedrock support for this and they are getting pressure from more than just people on Twitter, but it is something I noticed when I googled portraits, and it's definitely part of the climate they operate in. Imagine pandering to these people and still getting beat on every day.

Do they ever figure out the pandering just makes it worse or are they to stuck in the vicious cycle?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Back when Kingmaker was released I thought that adding Benders to the setting was a bit of a stretch. Now they've somehow squeezed in Morlocks from the X-Men. I wonder how long until Gundam are added to the setting.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Guys, I don't recommend multi classing Seelah as the Campaign has all evil enemies.

Bards are cool and all but Paladins are custom made for this.

Nerd Commando's build doesn't Bard her, rather it Skalds her (Battle Scion) - works quite well so far (though only at lvl 5 atm).

Glaive or other 2-H early game (with power attack), transitioning to sword and board two-weapon later (haven't gotten there yet).

I wish I'd gotten the hint with all the Glaives lying around and given her a Glaive earlier, she's an absolute beast with it, and it gets around her pathetic squishiness - she now just obliterates things before they even have a chance to sniff her minge :) She's embarrassing my Eldritch Scion (though he's starting to catch up now that he's at lvl 5).

It's funny how they haven't given us a dedicated tank companion like Valerie this time (unlesss there's one later?) - it's like they're acknowledging that most players are just going to make something durable to get through the story.

Encountered first serious bug - the quest where you have to go kill Ramien for the inquisitor guy (the first char you meet as you're brought in on a stretcher right at the beginning) in the Market Square area. Couldn't find Ramien anywhere (he's supposed to be at the gate outside the Desna church) - nor could I find the inquisitor guy again either, for that matter. Got bored and ended up finishing the quest via Toy Box.

Ehrenmann

Now I wonder if I should even put time into this tranny game. Played only for like 30 minutes or so. Who knows maybe this game will help me to uncover my repressed transgenderism.

Zeriel

Arcane

Do they ever figure out the pandering just makes it worse or are they to stuck in the vicious cycle?

IMO its mostly culture. The twitter ranting is just an expression of that and an echo chamber. I will say that pushback does work--it worked fantastically well during GamerGate, when advertising boycott campaigns from KiA were killing millions of dollars in advertising campaigns. But then Reddit made a rule that GamerGate and only GamerGate wasn't allowed to organize boycotts. So that shows you the power of organized action, it's just that people on the other side of this question tend not to be into the activist thing, and they don't have institutions approving and celebrating their activism. But if 100,000 normies mailed Owlcat telling them to stop being faggots I'm sure it would have an effect.

View attachment 20665

If you play on core or above it's very RNG--as tabletop rulesets tend to be. Difference between a crit roll and a not crit roll can be your entire health pool as a very tanky level 3~ fighter.

I think Owlcat's design is to make Core+ overtuned though, since they expect the people playing on that to use all the dirty tricks that make any difficulty a joke. Normal on the other hand is a total faceroll.

If you play autoleveled toons with 12 on every stat then put your extra in your main stats and use your spells and abilities you have to work hard to die after level four on Core. RNG is irrelevant by level seven at the latest.

Reality is not that bad. You guys should try it some time. These games are easier than Icewind Dale.

That's literally what I said in my post. "For this level, RNG crits can do more damage than you will have in HP". He was talking about early game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom