Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lodis

Educated
Well ran into my first gamebreaking bug, and now I'm softlocked and can't progress at all. Going to take a break until Owlcat shits out a patch or two. Not really surprised given how much of a shitshow Kingmaker was at launch.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
We have a RPG with the most extensive character creation and combat system that allows you to be a completely evil character and murder everyone in several different brutally fashion, and some of you guys are complaining "those characters are so woke balabala."

Get you priorities straight, be a lich/swarm and murder their asses.
You could do just that in NWN2. Didn't matter, it still sucked.

I'd like to at least be tempted to play a good character and save everyone.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
This game has such a stupid quest design, the game expects you to play by going back to inn after each zone and if you don't do that and just go between zones you randomly fail quests. Getting punished by not playing like a pussy and going back after every zone.

What are you talking about?

Lodis

Educated
Well ran into my first gamebreaking bug, and now I'm softlocked and can't progress at all.

How?
When I start the Gray Garrison assault my entire team just gets teleported to the top floor where that Minotaur is waiting. Tried reloading multiple autosaves from before I start the quest but same thing happens. I tried going ahead to finish the quest to see what would happen and it just crashes.

I tested it out on a separate save I have and it worked there which makes me think that it has something to do with the allies you recruit for the assault because that's the only thing that I did differently between the two saves.

Desiderius

Patron
I mean, if you really think about it, all those "strong, independent women" or whatever agenda might be there is all very earnest in the first chapter, but then Regill destroys all of that in a couple of sentences, pointing out that all those characters basically kept losing the war for at least 7 decades.

So, I have a feeling that after Amber Scott "did her thing", the following writers just spun everything that she wrote on its head, and made it look like a joke, or at least satire.

I will admit I haven't beat the game yet, so I don't know which female companions will end up standing out through actual, non-toxic femininity, and which not. That remains to be seen.

Nah, this excuse doesn't really fly when 9 out of 10 characters are this way. I think from the standpoint of the writers Regill is clearly supposed to be "wrong", he is just there to represent the people in the real world who also point out this stuff. It's "verisimilitude". You can also see this in the way Hulrun is portrayed--the "Lawful" side of the argument is clearly supposed to be wrong, the player just has the option to side with the wrongness. It's no mystery what the writers consider the correct choice though.

Lol no.

Rergill is obviously the one the writers love. They give him all the good lines. He tears Sosiel a new one on the regular.

You phaggots are such losers you can't even tell when you're winning.

9 out of ten what?

One buckbroken jogger isn't 9. And his whole quest arc is getting in touch with his inner extirpator.

The Tranny Sue is annoying and in your face and the rich guy is cliched and the Half-Orc Commander is whatever and the Boston Marriage hackneyed but that's all NPC shit. The companions aren't the big issue.

Desiderius

Patron
We have a RPG with the most extensive character creation and combat system that allows you to be a completely evil character and murder everyone in several different brutally fashion, and some of you guys are complaining "those characters are so woke balabala."

Get you priorities straight, be a lich/swarm and murder their asses.

LG characters get to murder at least two companions if that's your thing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmmm the mythic feats seem pretty limp dicked. Most of them give you like one or two bonus to something. Getting +1 damage or attack seems pretty meh.

Desiderius

Patron
Well ran into my first gamebreaking bug, and now I'm softlocked and can't progress at all.

How?
When I start the Gray Garrison assault my entire team just gets teleported to the top floor where that Minotaur is waiting. Tried reloading multiple autosaves from before I start the quest but same thing happens. I tried going ahead to finish the quest to see what would happen and it just crashes.

I tested it out on a separate save I have and it worked there which makes me think that it has something to do with the allies you recruit for the assault because that's the only thing that I did differently between the two saves.

You have to face him sooner or later. Did you recruit the Thieflings?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
How do I disable or simplify special effects?
lQ5WGu8.jpg

Lodis

Educated

How?

You have to face him sooner or later. Did you recruit the Thieflings?
Facing him isn't the problem I can smack him around with zero issue, the issue is I'm thrown at the end of the dungeon with no way of going back meaning I miss exp and a bunch of items. Don't think the Thieflings are the issue, I think the problem was with the Mongrels who are in the market square that you can tell to join you. It's not a big deal though, I was probably going to delete this save anyway but I just want to make sure I don't repeat the bug.

When I started playing RPGs, I'd pick my party based primarily on class composition. Even in BG/BG2, that was still the dominant factor. I've found that since Dragon Age NPC personality tends to be the driver, which is obnoxious. It was bad in KM, but appears to be worse with WotR based in what I'm reading. Expected, but disappointed. Hopefully you can tell them to shut up, like I did with the whore elf in Kingmaker.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
View attachment 20677

YOU DID IT OWLCAT. YOU'VE MADE A SHITTIER SYSTEM THAN PROVINCE BUILDING!
I suspected this would happen since they announced this, really funny seeing the reactions of people "They gonna make a RPG AND HOMM3 at same time, you will see." Yes, sure, a developer with make two games with the price of one, makes total sense.

I THOUGHT RUSSIANS ARE NATURAL BORN HOMM PLAYERS?!

jf8350143

Liturgist
The respec seems to be bugged, it stops you from talking to your companion in the camp after you respec them.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, by the looks of it this looks like Dragon Age Inquisition but with good gameplay outside the HOMM battles? But how bad is it at being Dragon Age Inquisition? If you are careful and use hazmat suits while talking with the characters, can you pretend you are talking with normal people instead of psychos that just came out of a gay orgy?

Last edited:

dacencora

So, by the looks of it this looks like Dragon Age Inquisition but with good gameplay outside the HOMM battles? But how bad is it at being Dragon Age Inquisition? If you are careful and use hazmat suits while talking with the characters, can you pretend you are talking with normal people instead of pychos that just came out of a gay orgy?
No. Dragon Age Inquisition is an abortion. This is far better than that garbage.

Xunwael

Educated
Paladindu is the only pozzed thing so far that doesn't bother me. She's the iconic Paladin like Amiri is the iconic Barbarian and it's the Wrath of the Righteous module. It makes perfect sense for her to be present as a party member. Take it up with Paizo rather than Owlcat.

Now, all the other gay shit and weirdo companions - that's 100% on Owlcat. It's pretty shocking how much whiplash there is going from Kingmaker's relatively vanilla companions to all these tumblr OCs.
nothing could less embody the paladin aesthetic than a sassy slave-derived black american woman. if ever there was an aesthetic that embodied the opposite of everything that a paladin is, that would probably be it. there's something additionally perverse about a fucking "paladin" being okay with defending such a shamelessly degenerate and antinatalist people. paladins are the ISIS of D&D. they cast detect evil when you walk into the tavern and if they don't like what goes on inside the privacy of your head then you'd better hope they have decent self-restraint because their intuition will be to murder your ass on the spot. to have that represented by a woman who embodies the aesthetic of narcissistic man-hating abortion-loving hedonism, obesity, and rampant social degradation in general is perverse in the extreme. it should be in the encyclopedia under "aufheben". paladin companion should be someone who spits on the ground when he sees a fucking ORC and a woman(?) getting married and hugging on the middle of a battlefield, when few things could be more anathema than same-sex marriage to someone who isn't a life-hating hedonist.

I usually play paladin in these CRPGs first time through but after making it to the inn and gaining access to respec I decided to go full-cynical nihilist with no sense of humor. a world not worth saving shouldn't be defended, it should be destroyed. atheistic oracle rolling full chaotic evil and lusting hard for that lich transformation. gotta love that lampshade by the paladin woman's companion that it's "dangerous" to give some random asshole who just appeared out of nowhere all this power and influence, because he's going to be proven 100% correct

jf8350143

Liturgist
The respec seems to be bugged, it stops you from talking to your companion in the camp after you respec them.
What exactly did they have a beta for again...?
Tried a second time with a different companion, same result: after the respec you can't talk to your companion.

respec the protagonist seems to be fine.

Well time to use the toybox.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, good playthrough:
- Select the least LGBT millenial self inserts that are salvageable.
- If party slots still free, create custom characters so you can preserve your sanity.
- Become a PC master race angel and ascend to Gabe's haven.

So, "evil" playthrough:
- Have all the LGBT millenial self inserts
- Avoid all their attempts at having a gay orgy with you.
- Kill them on the most brutal and painful way possible and sell their souls to Cthulhu.

Hummm, so I will be saving the planet either way?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom