Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Why am I taking orders from a bull dyke and a troon?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
View attachment 20677

YOU DID IT OWLCAT. YOU'VE MADE A SHITTIER SYSTEM THAN PROVINCE BUILDING!
I suspected this would happen since they announced this, really funny seeing the reactions of people "They gonna make a RPG AND HOMM3 at same time, you will see." Yes, sure, a developer with make two games with the price of one, makes total sense.

What’s wrong with it? Is it still broken in Ch 3 like it was last Beta? It was fine in Ch 2.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
When I started playing RPGs, I'd pick my party based primarily on class composition. Even in BG/BG2, that was still the dominant factor. I've found that since Dragon Age NPC personality tends to be the driver, which is obnoxious. It was bad in KM, but appears to be worse with WotR based in what I'm reading. Expected, but disappointed. Hopefully you can tell them to shut up, like I did with the whore elf in Kingmaker.

Yeah I’ve been sound down since I started P:K. Highly recommended.

Suicidal

Arcane
It's pretty close, but some things you do have to dig for. And it's mainly companions. It's especially disappointing because (((someone))) in the pre-release thread kept saying it wasn't that bad.

Some of the Pathfinder fans on the codex are on hardcore copium and are blind to a lot of the games' flaws. If an Obsidian game had companions half as bad as this the game thread would have 200 pages ranting about the devs' soy consumption habits, but because Owlcat did it, some people handwave it away like "it's not that bad". I remember people complaining that Deadfire was an SJW shitfest, but in Deadfire it takes several hours in game to reach the first openly gay person, while in this game it's a matter of minutes. Also I don't remember Deadfire having any trannies.

I know that the game has a lot of classes and shit but that doesn't mean the writing isn't terrible and companions aren't pure cringe.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also probably gonna jinx it, but I'm almost to the end of Act 1 and I haven't encountered a single significant issue yet.

Just the usual Unity bad performance shit.
The game actually runs a lot better for me than kingmaker. Faster loading times. Still some stuttering because my computer is shit but nothing crazy. I was worried when the game looked bigger and nicer than kingmaker

For me, the game seems more resource intensive than PFKM at 4k resolution. Having to turn the game down to Medium settings in order to get above 30 fps
:rage:
Yeah same here, my 1080 is struggling to keep it above 40fps at 1440p on the highest settings. Medium takes me to 60, which was also the case for Deadfire.

Might just be the newest version of Unity running better on newer hardware (assuming they used a newer version of Unity).

I've played KM and Wrath on my 3080, Wrath definitely seems to be performing better than KM. Then again Wrath seems to have better models and textures.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So, by the looks of it this looks like Dragon Age Inquisition but with good gameplay outside the HOMM battles? But how bad is it at being Dragon Age Inquisition? If you are careful and use hazmat suits while talking with the characters, can you pretend you are talking with normal people instead of psychos that just came out of a gay orgy?
heh no they're in different realms. Wrath is just not as companion driven, 99% of the game is fighting, romances are an afterthought just like in PKM, with ~2 dialogues and some banging in the end etc. all extra writing went into Mythics. just spacebar through some of graphomania as you would in poe or numa, especially early.

codex went into hysteria with PKM too, then it turned out it's all not that horrible and some companions even had interesting C&C.

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant
We have a RPG with the most extensive character creation and combat system that allows you to be a completely evil character and murder everyone in several different brutally fashion, and some of you guys are complaining "those characters are so woke balabala."

Get you priorities straight, be a lich/swarm and murder their asses.

An RPG is more than just combat faggotry and I'm saying that as a combatfag. Because fighting without good context (writing) or in a CRPG, without interesting companions makes the actual COMBAT less interesting.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:hmmm:

D2CM44I.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
To be honest, all i know about companions and npcs i learned from this thread. Started game with "can i go already" response to dragon lady.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I started Act 2 last night, still not had any forced dialogue poz interaction with Avenia and Irabeth.

Closest was that when I handed Irabeth a sword scabbard from the Grey Garrison, which was marked as a side quest, she mentioned hocking the sword itself to buy medical treatment for Avenia.

I had the option to pry further but I didn't.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If an Obsidian game had companions half as bad
Obsidian had best writers in the market. Their case is of a Fallen Empire. Being even a little bad or boring for them hurt at 200%.

They fallen slowly though, so, at the point when Outer Worlds happened, people already given up on Obsidian, their souls feeling nothing to them, even hate.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Well ran into my first gamebreaking bug, and now I'm softlocked and can't progress at all.

How?
When I start the Gray Garrison assault my entire team just gets teleported to the top floor where that Minotaur is waiting. Tried reloading multiple autosaves from before I start the quest but same thing happens. I tried going ahead to finish the quest to see what would happen and it just crashes.

I tested it out on a separate save I have and it worked there which makes me think that it has something to do with the allies you recruit for the assault because that's the only thing that I did differently between the two saves.

You have to face him sooner or later. Did you recruit the Thieflings?
Facing him isn't the problem I can smack him around with zero issue, the issue is I'm thrown at the end of the dungeon with no way of going back meaning I miss exp and a bunch of items. Don't think the Thieflings are the issue, I think the problem was with the Mongrels who are in the market square that you can tell to join you. It's not a big deal though, I was probably going to delete this save anyway but I just want to make sure I don't repeat the bug.
Do you have a save from before you entered the Grey Garrison? Does that lead to you skipping the entirety of the dungeon as well? If so, you should report that bug.

Parabalus

Arcane
I started Act 2 last night, still not had any forced dialogue poz interaction with Avenia and Irabeth.

Closest was that when I handed Irabeth a sword scabbard from the Grey Garrison, which was marked as a side quest, she mentioned hocking the sword itself to buy medical treatment for Avenia.

I had the option to pry further but I didn't.

It'll be hard to resist, the high diplo check gives a ton of XP.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yo why is Camilla's voice so bad? I'm not even taking about the voice acting, her voice just sounds absolutely un-aristocratic. Not like the paladin is any better mind you.

Jinn

Arcane
Turn off the voice acting. I swear it's just making everything worse for everyone who is keeping it on.

Zeriel

Arcane
Turn off the voice acting. I swear it's just making everything worse for everyone who is keeping it on.

Problem with that it is it removes all the voice ambience in combat and whatnot from enemies. That was also the issue in KM.

Jinn

Arcane
Problem with that it is it removes all the voice ambience in combat and whatnot from enemies. That was also the issue in KM.

It's too bad there isn't an option for in combat and out of combat each, but it's really worth it to just have them off.

Mauman

Learned
So, by the looks of it this looks like Dragon Age Inquisition but with good gameplay outside the HOMM battles? But how bad is it at being Dragon Age Inquisition? If you are careful and use hazmat suits while talking with the characters, can you pretend you are talking with normal people instead of psychos that just came out of a gay orgy?

Once you get passed the opening act you can use poz-free mercenaries.

Or you could be a Chad Lich and just reanimate your allies from the dead of your enemies (granted you can only do that to certain ones).

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

It's too bad there isn't an option for in combat and out of combat each, but it's really worth it to just have them off.

For me the reason is that I read much faster than the voice acting and it's really hard to follow both when they are asynchronous, though that's my problem with voice acting in general so I usually turn it off in most games

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This game would have benefited from lack of day/night cycle lol. Most of the battles end up being during the night and hard to see. Also the weather system is still garbage like kingmaker,even worst.
SdO5bxU.png
Don't you have anyone who can cast the Light cantrip. It's very handy in dark places of which there seems to be a lot.

Exactly. But sadly some people only wanna play with a human with a sword like in a jrpg, the fact that the game allows you to play as anything from a LG golden dragon to a evil swarm abomination is not a good thing for then...
It's bad writing that is not a good thing.

Dialogue is really trash. Everyone talks like a redditor so it's impossible for me to take anything seriously. Why can't adults who are supposed to be hardened by war with fucking demons talk normally?
Capeshit movies are the new standard for "witty" dialogue. The other reason is that the overall tone of Owlcat's Kingmaker was also decided in the less grim variety.

. If an Obsidian game had companions half as bad as this the game thread would have 200 pages ranting about the devs' soy consumption habits, but because Owlcat did it, some people handwave it away like "it's not that bad".
There is also the difference that Owlcat offers better gameplay than Josh's "I'm smarter than the grognards, they don't really know what's good for them" philosophy brought to the world. This plays a major role in the overall bargain. I'm completely fine with overlooking the inane writing if I have fun gameplay and RPG character development.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom