Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
yea he's a bro. although I think to be Real Sith you should find good moment to betray him. not sure what c&c for that is tho.
and Queen,
she has cool Undead portrait

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
When I started playing RPGs, I'd pick my party based primarily on class composition. Even in BG/BG2, that was still the dominant factor. I've found that since Dragon Age NPC personality tends to be the driver, which is obnoxious. It was bad in KM, but appears to be worse with WotR based in what I'm reading. Expected, but disappointed. Hopefully you can tell them to shut up, like I did with the whore elf in Kingmaker.
Because NPCs just never stop talking these days. Even in Mass Effect 1, you could go through most of the game without all the characters barging into every conversation and trying to show off just how special and unique they are.
So, by the looks of it this looks like Dragon Age Inquisition but with good gameplay outside the HOMM battles? But how bad is it at being Dragon Age Inquisition? If you are careful and use hazmat suits while talking with the characters
The combat is average. It's RtwP, so theres a ton of mobs. Not all the mobs are terrible, but it means that most of the game will be combat.
can you pretend you are talking with normal people instead of psychos that just came out of a gay orgy?
Sometimes? All the characters come off as psychotic, that much is certain. Lann is almost sane, but I ditched him for Spider Gollum.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol, my wife fusses over every notable knight and even characters from ingame legends being women (the knight Yaniel, who was Paladindu's inspiration) :lol:

This is what I find so funny about frothing hongweibings like Amber Scott. They always trip over themselves.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Lol, my wife fusses over every notable knight and even characters from ingame legends being women (the knight Yaniel, who was Paladindu's inspiration) :lol:

This is what I find so funny about frothing hongweibings like Amber Scott. They always trip over themselves.
And this is why I said she's a bad writer in that one news thread. She puts her cult politics before everything else and the story suffers for it. Pathfinder: Stronk Wymyn World.

Parabalus

Arcane

The real joke is they are all incompetent.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

To be fair, Paizo started that precedent before Amber Scott got involved, though it's true that a lot of the nonsense from Book 1 of Wrath (and onwards for the characters she made that continued) are down to her.

A lot of her characters are relegated to very minor roles after Book 1 in the AP, but Owlcat has given several of them more important roles.

Irabeth and Avenia for instance more or less disappear after book 1 in the AP, though seem more prominent in the game

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The real joke is they are all incompetent.
Politcomissars usually are incompetent in anything else, that's why they've found refuge in reciting slogans in the first place. It's an easier job than even sweeping the floor. The other often encountered reason is an upbringing which has taught them to crave approval from everyone.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, Owlcat, by their own choice decided to expand the role of the characters made by the writer responsible for such gems like Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear... damn...

Man, that Avellone consulting thing really paid off for them.

Reinhardt

Arcane
We have a RPG with the most extensive character creation and combat system that allows you to be a completely evil character and murder everyone in several different brutally fashion
What if i want to be completely good character and brutally murder everyone who deserves it? And there is lots of people who deserves it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Turn off the voice acting. I swear it's just making everything worse for everyone who is keeping it on.

Yeah, I'm usually not bothered, but man, the voice acting is really bad on some characters. Like that ragged looking female elf... it's Linzi but 10 times worse. Gonna have to mute. Think it even surpasses Divinity Orginal Sin 2 in ear rape.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Is the writing really that pozzed? No exaggerating? If so, that is really disappointing, would even consider refunding. Don't want to financially support something like this
The first 6-7 companions/important characters are unbearably awful gamejourno bait.

Interspecies lesbian tranny(?)/female orc couple, female nigger paladin, quirky le funny non-human homos and then once you're done with what is essentially a prolonged tutorial you also get a flamboyant nigger cleric that likes to paint to top it all of. It's actually ridiculous how many they put at the beginning of the game.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Is the writing really that pozzed? No exaggerating? If so, that is really disappointing, would even consider refunding. Don't want to financially support something like this
The first 6-7 companions/important characters are unbearably awful gamejourno bait.

Interspecies lesbian tranny(?)/female orc couple, nigger paladin, quirky le funny non-human homos and then once you're done with what is essentially a prolonged tutorial you also get a flamboyant nigger cleric that likes to paint to top it all of. It's actually ridiculous how many they put at the beginning of the game.

They knew what their codex audience deep down really want

cannibalistic spider mutant waifu

Zeriel

Arcane
And this is why I said she's a bad writer in that one news thread. She puts her cult politics before everything else and the story suffers for it. Pathfinder: Stronk Wymyn World.

That's not even a meme, it's written into the Pathfinder setting. Hell is Hell because its "misogynistic" (no really look it up, Asmodeus for some reason hates women). They basically replaced everything interesting in D&D lore after copying it directly with gender studies.

Pathfinder is hella lucky that D&D's mechanics have gone completely to shit, that's the only thing keeping them afloat, the fact the gameplay fundamentals are still good.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey! We can learn +1 minor bonuses from books, permanently! Just have to read them fully. Here are the ones I found,

Temples of Iomede :+ 1 shield bonus to AC against demons
Terendeleve Guardian of Kenabres: +1 morale bonus to AC against dragons
The Keen Edge of truth: +1 competence bonus on saving throws against swarms
Tome of Minotaur ,Sermons from the Labyrinth : 1 bonus to attack and damage by glaive

edit:

Guino Pollen:Notes from my travels : +1 competence bonus to attack and damage on all natural attacks

Zacharius : Toward Eternity: +1 competence bonus to DC on a spell with death descriptor

History of the Worldwound: +1 insight bonus on Religion and Nature checks

Crusade Chronicles : +10 HP

Know Thy Enemy: +1 bonus on perception and stealth checks

Last edited:

Suicidal

Arcane
There is also the difference that Owlcat offers better gameplay than Josh's "I'm smarter than the grognards, they don't really know what's good for them" philosophy brought to the world. This plays a major role in the overall bargain. I'm completely fine with overlooking the inane writing if I have fun gameplay and RPG character development.

It makes perfect sense to prefer one game over the other because it has better dungeon crawling and general gameplay but what annoys is when people say that all the bad shit in the game doesn't exist or "isn't as bad" because they like the good parts. I can enjoy a game, but also admit its shortcomings and shitty moments.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I started Act 2 last night, still not had any forced dialogue poz interaction with Avenia and Irabeth.

Closest was that when I handed Irabeth a sword scabbard from the Grey Garrison, which was marked as a side quest, she mentioned hocking the sword itself to buy medical treatment for Avenia.

I had the option to pry further but I didn't.

And if you pry once she's kind of like you don't really want to know.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There is also the difference that Owlcat offers better gameplay than Josh's "I'm smarter than the grognards, they don't really know what's good for them" philosophy brought to the world. This plays a major role in the overall bargain. I'm completely fine with overlooking the inane writing if I have fun gameplay and RPG character development.

It makes perfect sense to prefer one game over the other because it has better dungeon crawling and general gameplay but what annoys is when people say that all the bad shit in the game doesn't exist or "isn't as bad" because they like the good parts. I can enjoy a game, but also admit its shortcomings and shitty moments.

We do. People who want to be annoyed pretend we don't. Makes no sense.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Not sure where SJW for Deadfire comes from, I remember it just having bad moderntard writing and flanderization of Eder, that sort of thing. Basically it dipped a bit into bioware, but nearly not on a level to make game bad because of it.
Its writing was bad for entirely different reasons.

I can, however, say that unlike Deadfire, Wrath at least has some amusing and memorable content. It may be bad, but it is not sterile.

AwesomeButton

Patron
So, Owlcat, by their own choice decided to expand the role of the characters made by the writer responsible for such gems like Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear... damn...

Man, that Avellone consulting thing really paid off for them.
He could have even done some writing based on his personal experiences with the woke kind.

They knew what their codex audience deep down really want

cannibalistic spider mutant waifu
To be quite honest, between Lann and Spidergirl, she is the less evil choice, whether the hacks who wrote their respective drivels intended it or not.

If you need convincing, read on. Spidergirl is transparent to the player with her motivations. It's clear she is offering herself to whoever can, and as long as he will, advance her own position in the world. She is indeed a survivor, and is sincere about that. She is one of the few characters who are not openly self-conscious about occupying their percieved moral high ground. On the contrary, she ridicules idealism when confronted with it.

Lann on the other hand is the textbook liberal convinced of his moral superiority. It's people people with this conviction who are prepared to go to any lengths and violate anyone's freedoms in order to achieve "good" because they know what this "good" is better than those they are "helping", which they believe gives them the moral right to "impose" good on those unwilling to embrace "progress". Lann can bring much worse things to the world than Spidergirl ever could.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom