Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
After trying all sort of degenerate shit i'm back to 2h fighter...

Maybe i will at last advance past prologue on day 3 after release...

I'm like "dafug is that screaming thing? wait, they are letting niggers inside the city walls?"
YBPUTYL.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If you need convincing, read on. Spidergirl is transparent to the player with her motivations. It's clear she is offering herself to whoever can, and as long as he will, advance her own position in the world. She is indeed a survivor, and is sincere about that. She is one of the few characters who are not openly self-conscious about occupying their percieved moral high ground. On the contrary, she ridicules idealism when confronted with it.

Lann on the other hand is the textbook liberal convinced of his moral superiority. It's people people with this conviction who are prepared to go to any lengths and violate anyone's freedoms in order to achieve "good" because they know what this "good" is better than those they are "helping", which they believe gives them the moral right to "impose" good on those unwilling to embrace "progress". Lann can bring much worse things to the world than Spidergirl ever could.

"At least the cult member girl who sacrifices children is blunt and honest, unlike those uppity moral liberals!" is exactly the Codex take I expected on this game's writing.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lann has one very important thing going for him, he's a zen archer.

Spider girl doesn't let you relive the Gregz/Night Goat feud with every shot fired.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"At least the cult member girl who sacrifices children is blunt and honest, unlike those uppity moral liberals!" is exactly the Codex take I expected on this game's writing.
You have to chalk clumsy and superficial attempts to present her as evul to the writer's ineptitude and learn to ignore them.

"Ooh my, I'll make them choose between two evils, I'm such a good writer, I'm going to have another doughnut now and sleep off the rest of the day. Nom-nom."

Saravan

Savant
He could have even done some writing based on his personal experiences with the woke kind.

To be quite honest, between Lann and Spidergirl, she is the less evil choice, whether the hacks who wrote their respective drivels intended it or not.

If you need convincing, read on. Spidergirl is transparent to the player with her motivations. It's clear she is offering herself to whoever can, and as long as he will, advance her own position in the world. She is indeed a survivor, and is sincere about that. She is one of the few characters who are not openly self-conscious about occupying their percieved moral high ground. On the contrary, she ridicules idealism when confronted with it.

Lann on the other hand is the textbook liberal convinced of his moral superiority. It's people people with this conviction who are prepared to go to any lengths and violate anyone's freedoms in order to achieve "good" because they know what this "good" is better than those they are "helping", which they believe gives them the moral right to "impose" good on those unwilling to embrace "progress". Lann can bring much worse things to the world than Spidergirl ever could.

*Combatfag mode* Yes but you see Lann is a Zen Monk so I'm gonna side with him.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Lann is straight afaik, so he and discount viconia are not a biowarian pair. His values are whatever, what I don't like is having too many of these joker muhironic companions in a single group. When three sassy men + 1 kitsune try to joke about what DM is presenting, competing for who is the funniest, it diminishes the actual plot. I'd hit all of them with rulesbook and tell to fucking cut it and focus on their character development instead of sassy joking.

Also Lann literally jokes on Ember, basically making fun of a cripple.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The first thing that crossed my mind about Spidergirl, and so far I'm right - "this is Viconia but on steroids". What remains to be seen if she can be made to experience a spiritual transformation and switch alignment or some shit :D

Parabalus

Arcane

I played with her throughout the Beta and there's really nothing wrong with her. You get pmuch what it says on the tin.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Lann is straight afaik, so he and discount viconia are not a biowarian pair. His values are whatever, what I don't like is having too many of these joker muhironic companions in a single group. When three sassy men + 1 kitsune try to joke about what DM is presenting, competing for who is the funniest, it diminishes the actual plot. I'd hit all of them with rulesbook and tell to fucking cut it and focus on their character development instead of sassy joking.

Also Lann literally jokes on Ember, basically making fun of a cripple.

Yeah I'm not obsessed with culture war shit like a lot of you, but the game definitely has too many Joss Whedon and Waifu characters. Looking at a companion list I see there's many more left to find, hopefully they're not as fucking derpy.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Just a note, I'm not obsessed with culture war either, I have the privilige of not living in that part of the world. And I'll have to look up who Joss Whedon is, because I sincerely don't know.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
After trying all sort of degenerate shit i'm back to 2h fighter...
Good man.

Anyhow, I guess my first playthrough will end up being as a CE Barbarian (either going Demon or Legend). With such obnoxious characters, CE is the way to go.

My PC on the left (before proceeding to kill annoying NPCs):
6a91823c80992d2b69c9512ceae4d7bbdd63a5f262b270b7545527da4c5ca9a2_1.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
The first thing that crossed my mind about Spidergirl, and so far I'm right - "this is Viconia but on steroids". What remains to be seen if she can be made to experience a spiritual transformation and switch alignment or some shit :D
From what I've seen i am not sure it's possible. She is rotten to the core and plays her alignment 100%, no DrizzdDoUrding.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually find Daeran quite amusing. He puts down other characters humorously (including Seelah whenever she's being self-righteous).

He's also very much open about the fact he's a degenerate just seeking pleasure and self empowerment at the expense of others.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Just a note, I'm not obsessed with culture war either, I have the privilige of not living in that part of the world. And I'll have to look who Joss Whedon is, because I sincerely don't know.
I see who he is and why I didn't know of him. I stay away from tasteless shit movies.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
yea he's a bro. although I think to be Real Sith

I don't wanna to kill fellow practitioner of the dark arts which can contribute to my knowledge by making researches. TBH I think that the rule of two is a awful rule in the SW.

---------------

About companions, I only liked Arueshalae. I'm using 2 mercs. Din't liked much the companions of this game.

Jinn

Arcane
I haven't gotten all the companions yet, but I haven't found any to be particularly more cringe-inducing than the Kingmaker companions were in the first 10 or so hours of that game. And I even ended up liking a few of the Kingmaker companions by the end.

Mauman

Learned

Spider girl doesn't let you relive the Gregz/Night Goat feud with every shot fired.

A Zen Archer who FORGOT TO TAKE PRECISE SHOT.

What in the GOD DAMN FUCK was Owlcat thinking giving him Combat Reflexes (a dubious feat he can't EVEN USE TILL LEVEL 9 due to not having Snap Shot) rather than the most important archery perk in the fucking game?!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually find Daeran quite amusing. He puts down other characters humorously (including Seelah whenever she's being self-righteous).

He's also very much open about the fact he's a degenerate just seeking pleasure and self empowerment at the expense of others.

There’s more to him than that, and you can even use his savvy to avoid some ambushes.

And Cam can be pretty vicious to Lann.

AwesomeButton

Patron
3 annoyances:

1. Explain to me the narrative reason for me to make a detour and backtrack through the inn into another street, because I spotted a dead horse while walking to the market square. I'll listen. Maybe I felt a sudden urge to beat a dead horse? This could actually be a roleplay reason to do it for certain characters.

2. Ah, the fearsome "Empty String" ability, sends your party members running in random directions:

3. "Time pressure" game design goes too far when I have reached Wizard lvl 3, and have two empty lvl 2 spell slots which couldn't be filled without resting, but the game makes me afraid to rest.

Desiderius

Patron

A Zen Archer who FORGOT TO TAKE PRECISE SHOT.

What in the GOD DAMN FUCK was Owlcat thinking giving him Combat Reflexes (a dubious feat he can't EVEN USE TILL LEVEL 9 due to not having Snap Shot) rather than the most important archery perk in the fucking game?!

He gets it for free at lvl 2. You commonly take Feats with no prereqs early that don’t come into play until later if your other Feats you want have prereqs.

If you want to use Reflexes early take him to a class that has Solo Tactics and give him Seize so that when Snap Shot unlocks you can go off.

Sux that to get Improved Snap you need Rapid which is useless for ZA. Once it all comes together it’s very smooth tho like constant over watch.

Mauman

Learned
He gets it for free at lvl 2. You commonly take Feats with no prereqs early that don’t come into play later.

No he doesn't. He gets a feat that just happens to ALSO have precise shot and combat reflexes as a choice....or you could get something actually useful at the moment like dodge. There's still a cost here.

He should have had precise shot right from the get go. Maybe then he wouldn't be missing every other shot in the first area.

This kind of crap just irks me the hell off.

Desiderius

Patron
He gets it for free at lvl 2. You commonly take Feats with no prereqs early that don’t come into play later.

No he doesn't. He gets a feat that just happens to ALSO have precise shot and combat reflexes as a choice....or you could get something actually useful like dodge.

He should have had precise shot right from the get go. Maybe then he wouldn't be missing every other shot in the first area.

This kind of crap just irks me the hell off.

Dodge sux.

Git gud.

Main reason is that if you go Hunter you want to take Precise there since Outflank doesn’t do anything for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom