Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mauman

Learned
Dodge sux.

Git gud.

It's not the best, but it's still more useful than a feat he literally can't use till level 9. Are you seriously justifying that? Cuz....well....that's pretty special.

I mean, at the very least, you can justify getting the feat at level 2....AFTER getting precise shot.

edit - as for multiclassing....yeah sure, but that ultimately weakens a zen archer.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Sorry, i just remembered - there is urgent meeting i need to attend. Crusader business.

1wS5lNO.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Dodge sux.

Git gud.

It's not the best, but it's still more useful than a feat he literally can't use till level 9. Are you seriously justifying that? Cuz....well....that's pretty special.

I mean, at the very least, you can justify getting the feat at level 2....AFTER getting precise shot.

No, if you take him Wandering Marksman you want to wait to take Precise at Hunter 2. It’s no big deal since you can tank Maze with his Leopard then.

Reflexes is great if you take him mounted or later on straight ZA once you can Door into a caster’s face.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I started Act 2 last night, still not had any forced dialogue poz interaction with Avenia and Irabeth.

Closest was that when I handed Irabeth a sword scabbard from the Grey Garrison, which was marked as a side quest, she mentioned hocking the sword itself to buy medical treatment for Avenia.

I had the option to pry further but I didn't.
The first time you meet Irabeth, you have a cutscene just to show them hugging and then a bunch of dialogue I skipped through but I can only imagine it was entirely about how lesbian they are for each other.

3. "Time pressure" game design goes too far when I have reached Wizard lvl 3, and have two empty lvl 2 spell slots which couldn't be filled without resting, but the game makes me afraid to rest.
There's no such thing in the beginning. It's just corruption which is easily managable unless I missed something.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The first time you meet Irabeth, you have a cutscene just to show them hugging and then a bunch of dialogue I skipped through but I can only imagine it was entirely about how lesbian they are for each other.

There's no such thing in the beginning. It's just corruption which is easily managable unless I missed something.
Spoiler:

People mentioned here that you have a limited number of rests before the demons attack the tavern

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Spoiler:

People mentioned here that you have a limited number of rests before the demons attack the tavern

Even if they do, so what?

You get a rest just before the actual attack starts and you can continue doing everything you want after the attack.

It doesn't close off any side quests.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I started Act 2 last night, still not had any forced dialogue poz interaction with Avenia and Irabeth.

Closest was that when I handed Irabeth a sword scabbard from the Grey Garrison, which was marked as a side quest, she mentioned hocking the sword itself to buy medical treatment for Avenia.

I had the option to pry further but I didn't.
Funny, that's exactly the same way SJWs go about trying to detect some kind of *ism where there is none.
Blind assumption.
A couple hugging each other and maybe exchanging a few words after believing each other dead is hardly anything wrong.

And yes, you CAN pry further (later in the game), but you don't have to - which is as it should be.
It's not like you have to read/skip through pages of sob lesbian love story to get through the game. At least not as far as I've played.
I definitely skipped a bunch of dialog options that sounded like they'd be romance crap I'm not interested in.

One thing I definitely found noteworthy and assume the devs were just blind about is that pretty much every major character you meet in the first hours is female, while all male characters (except Lann) are side pieces at best.
It's somewhat odd and gives a wrong impression of the game overall (it is pretty even, e.g. with 7 male vs 7 female companions).

He gets it for free at lvl 2. You commonly take Feats with no prereqs early that don’t come into play until later if your other Feats you want have prereqs.
Does the game tell you about that?
Because if it doesn't, that's a design flaw. You can't expect people to check every single feat they'd like to take "will this be gotten automatically later on?". That's a QoL feature a character creator (no matter if in a game or for PnP) should do FOR you.
Or, if it is something that would be received automatically later on, if you'd receive it twice, the game should allow you to exchange one feat for another as to not lose out.

Then again, the game has respec, so... that's more of a user interface optimization.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
25734.jpg

I'm not listening to chaos degenerates, i behead them.
When the injustice is great enough, justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it. None may stand against it. It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment, and lend its servant the power to pass sentence. Know this: There is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them. It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods. Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Some things do change in the city after the attack. Don't know to list them all, but there is one thing you really should do before:
Go to the Blackwing Library. AFAIK, if you go after the attack, the Storyteller is still there but the mage prisoners aren't and those guys are awesome since in the Grey Garrison they buff you with an hour long haste and follow you around shooting cantrips and dispelling magic locks.
That would just make the Grey Garrison a cakewalk, so not really missing out on anything important like entire quests or anything as far as I know.

View attachment 20683

Lol. I think the meme of Russian devs being "based" (or at least being hands-off) can be buried now.
Silentstalker

Frank Davis
Frank Davis sounds very Russian.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Suddenly starts to crash a lot during chapter 2, not sure whether it was related to the toybox or it was just unity starts to being unity again.

Anyway delete the mod and see if it changes anything, I was installing it just to respect one of my companions anyway.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stupid camellia wommyn used both her starting cure spells to heal total 2+2 hp. Many useful!
You can disable AI usage of limited resource spells. And I'm afraid you should.
If resting wasn't as much of an issue, it wouldn't be a problem, but as it is now I don't think the AI can be trusted with limited resource spells.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Frank Davis sounds very Russian.

Does that matter? He is on the dev team, and they are letting him dictate what can and can't be said on the Steam forum.
I think Steam just give out that tag to all "developer company employees". He is most probably some "community manager" or someone in the marketing team from the publisher company. Real developers are far too busy to police steam threads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom