Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Vanpier necromance doesn't sound very straight, my dude.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I know what this game needs to avoid the cliches - more female party members! We've had enough white, male fighters, right guys! -- I bought the GOG version, else I would post this in the Steam forum.

Mauman

Learned
Did they stealth nerf the cat or am I just going insane?

I could have sworn that the Simolan was doing 5 attacks but now suddenly kitty only does 2 attacks. The animal description claims he's supposed to get 5 attacks still.

The hell?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I reached the house with the swarms - Spidergirl's slashing damage is divided in half, caused 4 damage. Paladindu's flail damage was applied normally - 11 bludgeoning. I thought swarms can't be damaged much unless you are using an AoE attack.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Hmm whose brilliant idea is that to block the story content behind the crusade system.

To get reigil I have to skip a bunch of days to wait for the troops to restock.

Percy

Cipher
Some things do change in the city after the attack. Don't know to list them all, but there is one thing you really should do before:
Go to the Blackwing Library. AFAIK, if you go after the attack, the Storyteller is still there but the mage prisoners aren't and those guys are awesome since in the Grey Garrison they buff you with an hour long haste and follow you around shooting cantrips and dispelling magic locks.
That would just make the Grey Garrison a cakewalk, so not really missing out on anything important like entire quests or anything as far as I know.

View attachment 20683

Lol. I think the meme of Russian devs being "based" (or at least being hands-off) can be buried now.
Silentstalker

Frank Davis
Frank Davis sounds very Russian.

You miss out on being able to select a Mythic path
Trickster
, unless things have changed form Beta.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I reached the house with the swarms - Spidergirl's slashing damage is divided in half, caused 4 damage. Paladindu's flail damage was applied normally - 11 bludgeoning. I thought swarms can't be damaged much unless you are using an AoE attack.
It depends on size of the swarm. If you remember PKM, you could kill Raven Swarms with weapons - they're not diminutive creatures. Only very small creatures are invul to physical.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
And this is why I said she's a bad writer in that one news thread. She puts her cult politics before everything else and the story suffers for it. Pathfinder: Stronk Wymyn World.

That's not even a meme, it's written into the Pathfinder setting. Hell is Hell because its "misogynistic" (no really look it up, Asmodeus for some reason hates women). They basically replaced everything interesting in D&D lore after copying it directly with gender studies.

Pathfinder is hella lucky that D&D's mechanics have gone completely to shit, that's the only thing keeping them afloat, the fact the gameplay fundamentals are still good.
On the other hand, this means that the goal of the forces of darkness in Pathfinder is to enslave and brutalize women.

In their hatred for men, Amber Scott and the other SJW writers created a world where armies of demons are out to invade the world and rape and murder women in the most horrible ways imaginable.

How...misogynistic of them. :M

There is also the difference that Owlcat offers better gameplay than Josh's "I'm smarter than the grognards, they don't really know what's good for them" philosophy brought to the world. This plays a major role in the overall bargain. I'm completely fine with overlooking the inane writing if I have fun gameplay and RPG character development.

It makes perfect sense to prefer one game over the other because it has better dungeon crawling and general gameplay but what annoys is when people say that all the bad shit in the game doesn't exist or "isn't as bad" because they like the good parts. I can enjoy a game, but also admit its shortcomings and shitty moments.
POE/DEADFIRE would be damn awesome if somebody ever took the time to convert the entire system from Joshes 'Fuck you suck my dick RPG system" to D20...would turn the game from a 6.2 to maybe a 9 or 9.5..the main reason I can't stand to play the thing is the shitty RPG system he designed. I would be forever grateful if a person converted the entire thing to D20, including the monsters and items, and combat rules, character classes, spells etc...if I ever come into a bunch of money, maybe I will take a couple years off and do it myself.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The first thing that crossed my mind about Spidergirl, and so far I'm right - "this is Viconia but on steroids". What remains to be seen if she can be made to experience a spiritual transformation and switch alignment or some shit :D
No, Viconia was way better than this freak. Viconia had at least some pride. Spider Gollum will just do anything to anything to survive. From whoring herself out, to murder, to cannibalism.

She says she respects strength, but really she's just a coward with zero loyalty.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Frank Davis sounds very Russian.

Does that matter? He is on the dev team, and they are letting him dictate what can and can't be said on the Steam forum.
I think a more interesting reply is on a Russian forum. Here it is: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1184370/discussions/2/3044984779770405121/

Your post is fine. Thank you for support and buying the game.
About LGBT in game. There are, as mentioned before - most of them are from the original module.
We did not remove them or cut out, one of the goals was to make an inclusive story. The woke panic in internet is blown out of propotion.
The main story is about a different thing: crusading, demons, intrigue, etc.
So we did everything we could within reason and what would be appropriate.

Your character would depend on choices you make. There would be characters, including women, who would try to do... things, but if you want you can kill em off fairly quickly. If you like PKM, you'll like Wrath, same people wrote the game.

Vatnik Wumao
Kill! Maim! Burn! Crash! Smash! Kill!
j9ENhm6.jpg

I'm guessing that the Rovagug reference is due to my deity selection, so that's neat.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
No, Viconia was way better than this freak. Viconia had at least some pride. Spider Gollum will just do anything to anything to survive. From whoring herself out, to murder
So, ummm... just like Viconia.

Didn't Viconia literally whore herself out to some merchant with a harem till the guy died of a heart attack (probably from their "exertions")?

AwesomeButton

Patron
Oh the aging white male guardsman is throwing prejudicial statements towards an aasimar. I'm shocked and amazed.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
No, Viconia was way better than this freak. Viconia had at least some pride. Spider Gollum will just do anything to anything to survive. From whoring herself out, to murder, to cannibalism.

She says she respects strength, but really she's just a coward with zero loyalty.
Also, you know, the fact that Viconia is not a hideous spider girl.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Spider Gollum will just do anything to anything to survive. From whoring herself out, to murder
So, ummm... just like Viconia.
Even minus the cannibalism, which you cut out, it's still a no, unless I've forgotten the part in BG1 where Viconia tries to murder her childhood friend, betrays her master and then grovels before you and calls you "master" over and over like she's Igor from Frankenstein.

She asks for help in BG1, and might be willing to sleep with the player in BG2 if she finds him attractive, but that's it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
She asks for help in BG1, and might be willing to sleep with the player in BG2 if she finds him attractive, but that's it.
Oh, sweet summer child. Viconia seen more cocks than chicken farm worker. She murdered two of her previous husbands, slept with fat nigger merchant, traded sex for food with farmers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom