Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 6 - soap opera continues, this time in Cuba

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

DeepOcean

Arcane
Are they going to re-release the blood dragon DLC for Far cry 6? For reals? Damn, Ubisoft always is cheap as fuck, but this is the first time I've seen re-releasing old DLC.

passerby

Arcane
FC 5 had Mars, Zombies and Vietnam DLCs.
FC 4 had DLCs expanding the setting of the main game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
FC 5 had Mars, Zombies and Vietnam DLCs.
FC 4 had DLCs expanding the setting of the main game.

I get really tired of having you idiots rate me as fake news without verifying anything.

https://store.ubi.com/ca/far-cry--5-season-pass/5aaa9f884e0165177ceb12f0.html?lang=en

Season pass for Far Cry 5 comes with Far Cry 3 which may say it's the classic edition, but it gave me the Deluxe Edition which had a copy of Blood Dragon. Now my Ubisoft account shows Blood Dragon twice, once from picking up the season pass on the Ubisoft store and once from Steam where I bought it years ago for like $5.

EDIT: Actually, my less butthurt reply is that it's possible that it only gives you base Far Cry 3 and now shows I have FC3 deluxe and Blood Dragon is being listed twice due to the weird interaction of Ubisoft connect and Steam, but it didn't do that before picking up the FC5 Season pass. YMMV.

Last edited:

passerby

Arcane
Misunderstanding, I though they are making "digital world" DLC for FC6 and you claimed they did it for previous games too.
It didn't occured to me that you are complaining about them bundling some old spin off game with deluxe editions, like that is a problem somehow.

Also FC 3 Deluxe Edition is a separate entry, since the additional level and useless digital "goods" are not available as a separate DLC purchase for regular FC 3, which was a dick move
Just hide unnecessary duplicate entries in your library, it's really a non issue.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Misunderstanding, I though they are making "digital world" DLC for FC6 and you claimed they did it for previous games too.
It didn't occured to me that you are complaining about them bundling some old spin off game with deluxe editions, like that is a problem somehow.

Also FC 3 Deluxe Edition is a separate entry, since the additional level and useless digital "goods" are not available as a separate DLC purchase for regular FC 3, which was a dick move
Just hide unnecessary duplicate entries in your library, it's really a non issue.

Not really complaining. But anyway, all I'm actually saying is that DeepOcean was talking about them including the Blood Dragon stand alone DLC as a pack in with FC6 and that I think it was done as part of FC5 before. At least base FC3 was, but that doesn't explain where the duplicate Blood Dragon in my account came from since I didn't purchase it more than once across all stores. Meh.

passerby

Arcane
It must be the Steam purchase.

I had FC 3 and Blood Dragon from ubi giveaways before getting FC 5 Complete, which gave me FC 3 Deluxe, but I still have only one Blood Dragon entry in the library.

Last edited:

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Ubicuks didn't have the balls to made it a communist dictator. Fuck them. I want a game where I can throw communists from helicopters into the ocean.
We know he is one even if they're afraid of saying so

https://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-6-isnt-a-political-statement-on-cuba-narrative-director-says/

No it's about fascism and LGBT+ rights. Did you really think they wanted to criticise communism?

The Politics of Far Cry 6

Our story is political.

A story about a modern revolution must be. There are hard, relevant discussions in Far Cry 6 about the conditions that lead to the rise of fascism in a nation, the costs of imperialism, forced labor, the need for free-and-fair elections, LGBTQ+ rights, and more within the context of Yara, a fictional island in the Caribbean. My goal was to empower our team to be fearless in the story we were telling, and we worked incredibly hard to do this over the last five years. We also tried to be very careful about how we approached our inspirations, which include Cuba, but also other countries around the world that have experienced political revolutions in their histories.

The guy is (I think) Iranian, so maybe their revolutions also influences the narrative. Maybe they will indeed shy away from the "revolutions are great" simplifications and try to give a more nuanced view on revolutions (again I think they did it in 4 too).

Again, they say that.

It's very doubtful it'll translate into the video game beyond some companion saying "I live my wife, she loves me, we couldn't get married in his country" or "He uses the conservative culture of the island to get people to work harder and demonize the other, the us' and then some religious propaganda out of loudspeakers maybe or a suspiciously seductive Tokyo Rose type of voice like we saw in 4 with Min.

Now, I would love it if they actually did approach a game and a culture with that sort of clash that actually is a integral part of the story (to a point, I do just want to the following:), but Far cry is more about killing hordes of disposable enemies with cool guns in every locale imaginable now.

I mean we could scrape the bottom of the barrel and make up political essays for 2, 3, 4, and 5, but the games weren't built around that. It's just set dressing.

Remember how many people got jumpy at 5? Oh, a native american guy got shot in Montana! That means something!. Oh, they're armed christians! Oh, that means something! - and its just some guy and magic and nukes and a cult.

orcinator

Liturgist
Sure the politics weren't anything that hasn't been done before but the 20 minute (statutory) rape scene featuring pollo man's son will raise at least a couple eyebrows.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Both this game and the upcoming Riders Republic are getting good reviews, impressions and hype.

Ubisoft knocking it out of the park for this Christmas season.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom