Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
but didn't want her to come off as desperate the way Spidergirl here does.
But spidergirl IS desperate. Have you seen where she lived all her life?
Where she belongs.
Actually, yes. It's her home. She lives there.

I know she's desperate. But does she need to be obvious about it?

Viconia is in a WORSE situation when you rescue her both times: someone is trying to kill her. The entire surface is against her and she can't flee back to the Underdark either. She has no home, no friends, no half-lizard cuck she's milking as a protector/provider. She may very well be killed by the next person who sees her.

And in spite of that, does she suddenly start bowing and scraping before you? Does she call you "master"? No.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Vatnik Wumao
And in spite of that, does she suddenly start bowing and scraping before you? Does she call you "master"? No.
To be fair, that says more about the lack of player agency in terms of narrative design than about her since she does state that she was acting all nice with that hunter mutt and that she'll turn into the variant of herself which you'd prefer if you choose her over the aforementioned hunter.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
After playing some bit into chapter 1 I feel like the issues with the writing is as follows:

1. Owlcat are mediocre writers
  2. They are adopting a pathfinder adventure path and they are usually pretty retarded framing devices for a series of combat encounters.
  3. They chose the most retardedly woke adventure path to adopt.
  4. The first part is written by the most woke and possibly incompetent writer Paizo's ever used.
The results are as predictable as they are cringe worthy. This either needed better writers or a better framing story/characters for the writers to work with. Tbh, considering the circumstances I'm a bit surprised it isn't even worse.

At least the combat is enjoyable and the music is pretty good.
We kinda knew what Owlcat are getting into when they decided to adapt Wrath of the Righteous specifically. As far as I know, it's not a very good module in tabletop too. The first part is also written by Amber Scott of Mizhena infamy. Owlcat seem to be attracted to these super epic modules like Kingmaker and WotR for some reason where you get to play a baron or a literal manifestation of metaphysical entities. You can't expect super heartfelt and "deep" writing.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
On the other hand, this means that the goal of the forces of darkness in Pathfinder is to enslave and brutalize women.
Which forces of darkness? There are at least 3 different kinds - Zon-Kuthon (Hellraiser), the Elder Mythos (Lovecraft), and the deities of Hell :M
So S&M freaks, tentacles monsters, and rape demons.

What kind of retarded slut would want to go anywhere near a battlefield with any of those things?

Reinhardt

Arcane
but didn't want her to come off as desperate the way Spidergirl here does.
But spidergirl IS desperate. Have you seen where she lived all her life?
Where she belongs.
Why useless trannies and kween deserve luxury youth procedures and yuge comfy beds but descendants of first crusaders must live in eternal darkness?
Because obviously they failed
Hey, hey! Guess who was one of the leaders of first crusade? So slay kween got youth elixirs instead of helping her own people abandoned underground and fighting corruption. Many gud!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The writing level is: "we're not even trying, bigot!"

Seriously, this is at best writer's notes rephrased into dialogue:
QK26RrO.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Having a mostly bug free experience so far, except the unique class feature of the arcanist, the arcane pool is bugged so it always resets to 0 on rest (it should be 3+cha). And since you need arcane pool to use any of your class features....

Reinhardt

Arcane
Viconia is in a WORSE situation when you rescue her both times
Boohoo! Poor misunderstood drow wymmenz!
Strawman. That wasn't my point. Maybe if you could read/respond to more than half a sentence, you'd know that.
Ok. So you saying she don't beg. Launch bg 2 and go to government district.
Nigger, you really think when she was fucked by kalimshite merchant for protection she didn't called him "master"?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Having a mostly bug free experience so far, except the unique class feature of the arcanist, the arcane pool is bugged so it always resets to 0 on rest (it should be 3+cha). And since you need arcane pool to use any of your class features....
There are quite a few bugs I've noticed so far. Once a character loaded under the floor and there were some framerate issues, but the main thing I've noticed repeatedly is, ironically, pathfinding issues.

The pathfinding in Pathfinder is garbage. It's like poetry.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There are quite a few bugs I've noticed so far. Once a character loaded under the floor and there were some framerate issues, but the main thing I've noticed repeatedly is, ironically, pathfinding issues.

The pathfinding in Pathfinder is garbage. It's like poetry.
I'm at the market square, but areas have still been far too linear for any pathfinding issues to present themselves. :lol:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Ok. So you saying she don't beg. Launch bg 2 and go to government district.
You mean when she asks you to save her? She's about to be burned alive, sperdo. The same when she is about to be killed by the soldier in BG1.

h3ET3uf.png

(from a youtube vid)

Does this look desperate? Is she groveling before you and calling you "master"?
Nigger, you really think when she was fucked by kalimshite merchant for protection she didn't called him "master"?
Do you still not understand I'm talking about how she was written as a companion and not who she was at whatever point in the past?

I don't hate Spidergirl for her backstory of cannibalism alone, for example. I don't like her because of how desperate she is now for the player character's dick specifically, and because she has zero loyalty.

Zeriel

Arcane
On the other hand, this means that the goal of the forces of darkness in Pathfinder is to enslave and brutalize women.

In their hatred for men, Amber Scott and the other SJW writers created a world where armies of demons are out to invade the world and rape and murder women in the most horrible ways imaginable.

How...misogynistic of them. :M

Nah, it's also written into the lore that there are STRONG and INDEPENDENT women (who are not women at all because they are supernatural creatures, but you can't expect the strangehairs to understand such concepts I suppose) who FORCED the evil men of Hell to accept them.

No really, I'm not making any of this up.

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Queen_of_the_Night

IMO it's all pointless ideologyfagging. If they wanted to do all of this kind of nonsense they should have built the setting around it from the get-go--but they instead copied concepts wholesale from Planescape & D&D, then grafted the gender studies stuff on top, which makes it all hilariously self-parodying.

Asmodeus's origin story in Pathfinder is still that he's a primordial being who predates the concepts of gender... but he for some reason hates women now because the authors retroactively decided they needed to signal their virtue. Comparing this to Planescape Asmodeus is interesting in that there one of the only characters he cares about at all is his "daughter" Glasya--I suppose a healthy father-daughter relationship was heavily triggering to Paizo and they needed to retcon the shit out of that.

(Okay, it probably had more to do with copyright, but the comparison is still pretty depressing.)

AwesomeButton

Patron
Wait this game has worse writing than pillows? Is that even possible?
I've played for 10 hours and I still haven't encountered a character that deserves to be called a character.

Amber Scott is your DM, that's how bad it is.

Mishulin you old devil, you tricked me into playing something written by this living failure.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Nah, it's also written into the lore that there are STRONG and INDEPENDENT women (who are not women at all because they are supernatural creatures, but you can't expect the strangehairs to understand such concepts I suppose) who FORCED the evil men of Hell to accept them.

The Queens of the Night, or their mortal-given title of whore queens,[1] are a group of four unique female demigoddesses who have managed to distinguish themselves despite Asmodeus' and the rest of Hell's unvarnished misogyny.
I lol'd at that last bit. :lol:

Oh wow. So glad I never got into Pathfinder's PnP.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Because she don't need to. Cucks are to provide, protect and serve and you are happy to agree. That's her upbringing - you are cuck in her eyes and exist to serve. But if she need something she will beg just as easily. Evil manipulative whore raised in the land of evil manipulative whores.

GrainWetski

Arcane

IMO it's all pointless ideologyfagging. If they wanted to do all of this kind of nonsense they should have built the setting around it from the get-go--but they instead copied concepts wholesale from Planescape & D&D, then grafted the gender studies stuff on top, which makes it all hilariously self-parodying.

Asmodeus's origin story in Pathfinder is still that he's a primordial being who predates the concepts of gender... but he for some reason hates women now because the authors retroactively decided they needed to signal their virtue. Comparing this to Planescape Asmodeus is interesting in that there one of the only characters he cares about at all is his "daughter" Glasya--I suppose a healthy father-daughter relationship was heavily triggering to Paizo and they needed to retcon the shit out of that.

(Okay, it probably had more to do with copyright, but the comparison is still pretty depressing.)
despite Asmodeus' and the rest of Hell's unvarnished misogyny

Jesus..

Zeriel

Arcane
Because she don't need to. Cucks are to provide, protect and serve and you are happy to agree. That's her upbringing - you are cuck in her eyes and exist to serve. But if she need something she will beg just as easily. Evil manipulative whore raised in the land of evil manipulative whores.

Drow females don't really manipulate men in their society--they just demand obedience. It's basically a literal rendition of what modern women think the patriarchy actually is.

Also wasn't the Kalimshite merchant thing her just making shit up to piss you off/make you jealous?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Frank Davis sounds very Russian.

Does that matter? He is on the dev team, and they are letting him dictate what can and can't be said on the Steam forum.
I think a more interesting reply is on a Russian forum. Here it is: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1184370/discussions/2/3044984779770405121/

Your post is fine. Thank you for support and buying the game.
About LGBT in game. There are, as mentioned before - most of them are from the original module.
We did not remove them or cut out, one of the goals was to make an inclusive story. The woke panic in internet is blown out of propotion.
The main story is about a different thing: crusading, demons, intrigue, etc.
So we did everything we could within reason and what would be appropriate.

Your character would depend on choices you make. There would be characters, including women, who would try to do... things, but if you want you can kill em off fairly quickly. If you like PKM, you'll like Wrath, same people wrote the game.

If only we got crusading, demons and intrigue, instead we get a teenage drama with immature weird flamboyant companions and sex-role reversal at every turn. Got to the point now I'm rolling my eyes every time a new supposed "badass character" is presented, because it is always some woman hamming it up.

I want men hamming it up, in large towering metal armors with huge claymore swords resting on their shoulders god dammit
rating_rage.gif

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Because she don't need to. Cucks are to provide, protect and serve and you are happy to agree. That's her upbringing - you are cuck in her eyes and exist to serve.
Which, again, is completely different from how Spidergirl treats you.
But if she need something she will beg just as easily. Evil manipulative whore raised in the land of evil manipulative whores.
Name one point in all of BG1&2 where she seriously calls you her "master".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom