Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
ToyBox.
Ver 1.2.3
  • Recompiled for game release
  • Added tweak to allow achievements for modded games
Yeah, that's why no archives. Worst of all I'm not sure if I need that mod anymore, I used it to quickly test builds. This is suck.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I find it pretty dumb that companions you haven't met or might not ever meet get a share of your experience right from the start. Wouldn't be surprised if they keep taking XP even after you get rid of them. I'll be playing with 'only active XP' from now on after I tested it.. Fucking degenerates were stealing my XP even though I never met or recruited some of them.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I want men hamming it up, in large towering metal armors with huge claymore swords resting on their shoulders god dammit
rating_rage.gif
Reasonable. I also think even that said by Cats is too nonchalant: we want to make game inclusive? My question would be: why?
Your audience is most likely same audience for something like Diablo 2 resurrected - 96% men older than 25. It is traditional RPG players who founded your game. Even Pathfinder enjoyers who helped with Kickstarter, instead of accepting game for what it was, almost downshitted PKM rating to nothing on steam forums because it was "too hard" and they are "dms for 20 years". Journalists cared shit about it. Game literally survived on word of the mouth from classic rpg fanbase. But of course now when it turned out it's popular they would give all the reviollis to it.

It is traditional rpg players who are the actual minority, it is we who should be pampered since we are relied on to carry your studio. If developer doesn't understand something as simple as that, and refuses to add romance with a female elf witchcleric, their fate usually is all the same - to be bought by Microsoft.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
I want men hamming it up, in large towering metal armors with huge claymore swords resting on their shoulders god dammit
rating_rage.gif
Reasonable. I also think even that said by Cats is too nonchalant: we want to make game inclusive? My question would be: why?
Your audience is most likely same audience for something like Diablo 2 resurrected - 96% men older than 25. It is traditional RPG players who founded your game. Even Pathfinder enjoyers who helped with Kickstarter, instead of accepting game for what it was, almost downshitted PKM rating to nothing on steam forums because it was "too hard" and they are "dms for 20 years".

It is traditional rpg players who are the actual minority, it is we who should be pampered since we are relied on to carry your studio. If developer doesn't understand something as simple as that, and refuses to add romance with a female elf cleric, their fate usually is all the same - to be bought by Microsoft.

Sadly from point of view of market and results they are right. Pander to SJWs to get good reviews, and trust in the game mechanics to get grognards to swallow it down despite hating everything about the story. People here still bought it, still play it, etc. Maybe they won't play the next one, but for now you can't expect anything to change when it will probably be as big or bigger success than last game.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Childish writing, in your face activism that even puts the most flamboyant bioware game to shame. The moment you realize that Owltrannies are more pozzed than Bioware and Obsidian ever was. Trash game.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Sadly from point of view of market and results they are right
well Dark Souls for example relied entirely on pandering to a minority (people who like difficult games) and made that its meme and studio does well, achieving legendary status by this point.
Basically filling a gap in a market, that is also smart practice.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nah, it's also written into the lore that there are STRONG and INDEPENDENT women (who are not women at all because they are supernatural creatures, but you can't expect the strangehairs to understand such concepts I suppose) who FORCED the evil men of Hell to accept them.

No really, I'm not making any of this up.

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Queen_of_the_Night
The Queens of the Night, or their mortal-given title of whore queens,[1] are a group of four unique female demigoddesses who have managed to distinguish themselves despite Asmodeus' and the rest of Hell's unvarnished misogyny.
I lol'd at that last bit. :lol:

Oh wow. So glad I never got into Pathfinder's PnP.

Isn't hell for the suffering of both male and female sinners? Do the women get it worse in hell somehow?

Or maybe hell works differently in Pathfinder.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Drow females don't really manipulate men in their society
They manipulate each other.
You move goalposts so often you really should put wheels on them.
Name one point in all of BG1&2 where she seriously calls you her "master".
She don't need to. Name one point in all of BG 2 where you act like a man.
Pretty sure saving her life multiple times and killing every enemy before you like a tidal wave of death qualifies.

At the end of the game, she does offer to make you her god when you're going to ascend irrc. I don't think I romanced her in that playthrough though.

Still, the point stands. She never makes such a pathetic display of herself as Spidergirl does. She never openly declarers her loyalty to strength alone. She isn't so stupid as to betray her cuck right in front of you and basically tell you that she's going to manipulate you in order to gain your favor.

Stupid, cowardly, disloyal. These three things alone make Spidergirl useless to me long-term.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The tutorial states that if I'm playing at a difficulty below "Core" weapons do half damage against swarms.

Game's Options screen states that I am playing at "Core" difficulty.

Combat log states my weapons are doing half damage vs rat swarms.

There is either a bug in applying the difficulty, or the tutorial message is wrong.

Not getting the achievement for beating the water elemental after I changed my difficulty to "Core" is another clue that there may be a bug with applying the difficulty settings midgame.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Explain to me what the fucking point of a HOMM style battle system is when you can't block enemies from just chewing up your backline?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Yea, Cavalier is so bugged, feats don’t and it’s broken during combat.

Welp, playing a generic paladin and getting rid of Seelah then

Zeriel

Arcane
well Dark Souls for example relied entirely on pandering to a minority (people who like difficult games) and made that its meme and studio does well, achieving legendary status by this point.

It always goes like this:

1) You build cult success and reputation by catering to a hardcore/niche audience
2) The mainstream hears about this, has it recommended by that niche audience
3) Money and fame follow
4) The product is consistently watered down in favor of the new audience, or the perception of the new audience
Rarely 5 will arrive at a later date where the watering down becomes so excessive it starts to fail, but it takes actual decades to get there.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

1) You build cult success and reputation by catering to a hardcore/niche audience
3) Money and fame follow
4) The product is consistently watered down in favor of the new audience, or the perception of the new audience
Rarely 5 will arrive at a later date where the watering down becomes so excessive it starts to fail, but it takes actual decades to get there.
Nah, I think in this case the Owltrannies were always pozzed and their first game was just a foot in the door to do more woke crap later.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I find it pretty dumb that companions you haven't met or might not ever meet get a share of your experience right from the start. Wouldn't be surprised if they keep taking XP even after you get rid of them. I'll be playing with 'only active XP' from now on after I tested it.. Fucking degenerates were stealing my XP even though I never met or recruited some of them.
That is not how it works. Your XP is always split 6 ways no matter how many companions you have. If you turn off XP sharing and you have less than 6 in your party XP will be split by that number but any future companions you meet will be lower level (as well as any you don't bring with you). And if you got 6 in your party, turning off XP sharing does nothing, it only gives 0 XP to those outside your party while same to those inside your party.

Mauman

Learned
Welp, evidently I'm not insane, and my Simolan is in fact bugged to hell. This is evidently a problem that a lot of people are getting.

No point in having the cat with only two attacks.....maybe it's time to expand my horizon and rock the Triceratops.

Edit - also, is Use Magic Device still completely worthless for the most part (i.e. all it does is let you use wands/scrolls that you should give to other party members or the scroll savant and no skill checks ever)?

Particularly on the skill checks part. I don't think there was a single one in Kingmaker.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ok, fuck your nigger trannies. I want to advance the story and bitch about gargoyles and shit too.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Ok, fuck your nigger trannies. I want to advance the story and bitch about gargoyles and shit too.
Sorry but you'll have to first beat sadistic russian dm dungeon with op alchemist enemy, all the negative energy and fire and gigantic minotaur one-shotting your ass.

No refunds for pain tickets.

GrainWetski

Arcane
That is not how it works. Your XP is always split 6 ways no matter how many companions you have. If you turn off XP sharing and you have less than 6 in your party XP will be split by that number but any future companions you meet will be lower level (as well as any you don't bring with you). And if you got 6 in your party, turning off XP sharing does nothing, it only gives 0 XP to those outside your party while same to those inside your party.

Active only with 4 party members:
degeners.png

Sharing:
gasgjs.png

ArchAngel

Arcane

Active only with 4 party members:
degeners.png

Sharing:
gasgjs.png
Did you play PKM, we had this discussion there 100 times and answer was always the same. When you turn off XP sharing that XP is total XP, not per person in party. Divide that by 4 and you will see how much you actually got.
While that 18XP is actually what each character gets. Blame devs for confusing newbies.

Zeriel

Arcane

3) Money and fame follow
Nah, I think in this case the Owltrannies were always pozzed and their first game was just a foot in the door to do more woke crap later.

Larian were never particularly "based" either, it is just the Codex thing of us wanting some gameplay style that was abandoned by the mainstream, so when they give us that one thing we go "Ooooh wow they must be super based in every regard!" and then disappointment ensues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom