Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
Hey, you lied to me, there IS actually loot in elemental room! Codex is full of fags and liars!

cZXKvru.png

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
because I like to press the buttons and see what happens.
Oh, so you're a faggot.

Ok. Thanks for letting us know. :roll:
either you allow women to be fighters in fantasy, or you allow them to be fighters in fantasy only when it is aesthetically pleasing to you to have a bunch of waifus around, provided they're not too serious as characters.
How were the characters in BG2 not serious? What about Mazzy Fentan - the black halfling fighter? Whose waifu was she?
So retarded barbarian girl claiming she can be stronk as men is sjw, but Shar Teel claiming all men are trash is nothing special.
None of the characters in BG1 were very serious. They broke the fourth wall regularly. They were mostly caricatures, albeit still apolitical ones that weren't intended to influence a woke agenda.

Compare apples to apples if you're going to talk about seriousness. In BG2, the characters were fleshed out. They had dialogs and romances.

And again, it has everything to do with stated and demonstrated intent. Amber Scott stated her intent when she said she purposely mixes politics into her writing and openly called herself an SJW. Owlcat is demonstrating their intent with their clear pattern of choosing and implementing woke content and banning or closing the threads of fans who criticize it from their steam forums.

Basically, a good amount of shitposters aren't actually concerned with realism at all - as long as they're the ones who get pampered.
Realism? Just what is realistic about every other character being black or a lesbian? (edit: that's hyperbole, since I can already tell this is one of those conversations were I need to spell it out.)
That is hypocrisy.
Maybe if you're a retard and don't know what hypocrisy means.
the Black Ranger in PKM had probably nothing political about him whatsoever, yet he got treatment not that better than dumb Seelah.
If you say so. I don't think most people even noticed Mr Quiet. I just stuck him in the inn and forgot about him.

Regardless, "treatment" isn't the point here. It's intent. It's the quality of the writing. Why don't you get that?

If I just didn't like black characters I would say so. A lot of people don't like them. But that's not the reason we're criticizing the woke writing. You can take our word for that or you can fuck right off. Up to you.

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Ok, fuck your nigger trannies. I want to advance the story and bitch about gargoyles and shit too.
Sorry but you'll have to first beat sadistic russian dm dungeon with op alchemist enemy, all the negative energy and fire and gigantic minotaur one-shotting your ass.

No refunds for pain tickets.

What? Are you talking about the tavern attack? Just use grease man.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Hey, you lied to me, there IS actually loot in elemental room! Codex is full of fags and liars!

cZXKvru.png

Now if only we had someone who has iq above room temperature to identify it... Even nigga can't find her way around bling-bling. USELESS!

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
ThreadCodex.jpg

So, to clean the thread yet again, which mythic paths are you going to pick? I play Lawful Human, so I'm stuck at decision of possibly going Aeon or Angel (in which case I will brand off to Golden Dragon) or Legend.

I know that Aeon can play with space and time, saving few NPCs from their retardis - ones I know about are Bugman who you can reverse to being human and saving Stanton from becoming traitor. Angel can bro with Herald, having fun in general.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
So, to clean the thread yet again, which mythic paths are you going to pick? I play Lawful Human, so I'm stuck at decision of possibly going Aeon or Angel (in which case I will brand off to Golden Dragon) or Legend.
Pink haired lesbian seems the easiest path. But overbearing transsexual has more options.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pink haired lesbian seems the easiest path. But overbearing transsexual has more options.
Ok nigger.

Ehrenmann

I know that Aeon can play with space and time, saving few NPCs from their retardis - ones I know about are Bugman who you can reverse to being human and saving Stanton from becoming traitor. Angel can bro with Herald, having fun in general.
I'm playing Lawful Elf. Am going with the Aeon path since I picked Irori as my deity. Might branch off to the Devil path though, depending on the story. I like angel also but I am sticking to my initial idea of the character and deity.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
i think we're at a point where if you are adding female character to your game, either she has to be 1) sexy elf slut or 2) disgusting manhater;
Again, that's an absolutely retarded attempt at strawman when you're in a thread full of people telling you the opposite.
David Gaider :M
Because writing on twitter 15 years later somehow matters?
times were simple, and people didnt consider games to be super important part of their political axis.
That went for devs too. That's the point.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Johann Flamel, greatest alchemist of his age, requires no more than his profound knowledge of rare herbs and spices to open his doors of perception to cosmic truths.
getting-stoned.gif

dacencora

People like to dunk on DOS2, but the writing there is far superior to this game so far.

Here’s 2 examples:
“Famed, of course, for my unique red skin and unparalleled skills as a general of the House of War, I, the Red Prince, was raised within the vast palaces of the fabled Forbidden City. I was destined to become the next emperor, but my ambitions suffered a bit of a setback when I fell from grace for cavorting with demons. Now I'm exiled and hunted by assassins, but I assure you: I remain undaunted - and as determined as ever to claim my rightful throne.”

“Oh, don't stare. How would you look after aeons in some ghastly crypt? But your people are rather prone to death. Mine are not. And yet when I emerged from my completely unjustified imprisonment, I found them gone, our culture forgotten, any trace of the world I knew all but obliterated. I must even hide my true face beneath an ever-shifting mask for fear you savages will attack me! That is how I wander this strange world, trying to uncover the truth about a history you primitive people never even knew existed.”

They don’t sound moderntard or anything. Yeah DOS2’s combat and character building left a lot to be desired, and the plot was pretty lackluster, but man, the companion writing was leagues ahead of this stuff lmao.

Ehrenmann

Guys, guys! I found an updated free2play version so I can sell and buy items now :incline:

Does anyone know how spell book merging works? Would taking one level of arcane caster merged with lich spell book satisfy arcane casting condition for eldritch knight or arcane trickster?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Soviet defenders will shill this as a secretly based and multilayered 200 IQ experience
I would honestly just give up and lower the difficulty to story mode at that point. It looks unbearable. Not to mention ugly. This is $50? lol

Thing is: I chose Core to see how they handled the ruleset. If this is as it would be in the Adventure Path, whelp, that's shit. If it isn't then why did nobody complain about this in the beta? Could it be that most people aren't as hardcore as they claim? Did nobody test this on Core rules?!

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Soviet defenders will shill this as a secretly based and multilayered 200 IQ experience
I would honestly just give up and lower the difficulty to story mode at that point. It looks unbearable. Not to mention ugly. This is $50? lol

Thing is: I chose Core to see how they handled the ruleset. If this is as it would be in the Adventure Path, whelp, that's shit. If it isn't then why did nobody complain about this in the beta? Could it be that most people aren't as hardcore as they claim? Did nobody test this on Core rules?!
Given how many of the classes are broken, it seems there were a lot of things no one tested.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom