Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Spider thing lady actually isn't too bad looking. Ok, so I might have a thing for blue skin. Don't judge.
27394.jpg

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
About an hour in. Some thoughts:

1) Much D20, very wow, super impress
2) Voice acting is 300 roentgen -- not great, not terrible.
3) Some serious UI issues. First, interface is too big and takes up too much real-estate. I have not been able to find an option to downscale it. This is especially an issue because I like to zoom out and the zoom is also very limited. So, too large interface + limited zoom = very cramped feeling.
4) The level up screen is a mess; redundant lists of feats, but you don't actually select the feat you want from the middle pane (use the left hand pane) this is not evident at all. Also, the scroll bar for the middle pane when picking new feats overlaps with the character progression sheet, making the scroll bar impossible to use. Completely stupid.
5) I rolled a goody two shoes Paladin (check my avatar) named George. We'll see how George does. I already sided with Lann.
6) I am waiting for Seelah to become annoying. I just . . . I can fucking feel it, man. It's going to happen.
7) Edit: The actual written dialog is not very good. People do not speak this way, even in video games. "Hi, long winded explanation of everything I can do for you!" Yeesh okay, chill the fuck out. Also, idiotic and lazy usage of phrases like "You Guys," I know DnD isn't all up on Ye Olden Fantasy times dialog but they could have stuck to a BG2-level of speech. Not everything needs to be quips and self-deprecating humor and muttered sarcasm. In fact, almost nothing needs to be.

Mauman

Learned
Spider thing lady actually isn't too bad looking. Ok, so I might have a thing for blue skin. Don't judge.
27394.jpg

Hey now....don't be dissin' my Penis-bro Mara
:hmmm:

3) Some serious UI issues. First, interface is too big and takes up too much real-estate. I have not been able to find an option to downscale it. This is especially an issue because I like to zoom out and the zoom is also very limited. So, too large interface + limited zoom = very cramped feeling.
4) The level up screen is a mess; redundant lists of feats, but you don't actually select the feat you want from the middle pane (use the left hand pane) this is not evident at all. Also, the scroll bar for the middle pane when picking new feats overlaps with the character progression sheet, making the scroll bar impossible to use. Completely stupid.
5) I rolled a goody two shoes Paladin (check my avatar) named George. We'll see how George does. I already sided with Lann.
6) I am waiting for Seelah to become annoying. I just . . . I can fucking feel it, man. It's going to happen.

Go Lich and
Seelah becomes a non-issue
. Quite the boon for the path.

Mark Richard

Arcane
This game makes me realize I enjoyed the first half of Kingmaker because it had nice somewhat traditional fantasy feel to it. Wild frontier, go to a swamp, kill a troll.
Compare the companion line-ups between Kingmaker, Wrath of Righteous, and PoE2. Kingmaker's are rooted in traditional fantasy archetypes and have a simplistic charm, which is reflected in the portraits to provide a point of reference in dealing with them. In the other two games I just don't know what the hell I'm looking at. The one-off oddball character we used to love in RPGs now consists of half the party.

And before my point is countered by a mention of Planescape Torment - that setting is like walking into Mos Eisley on a Saturday night. It's supposed to be disorientating!

Mauman

Learned

Just use grease man.
Dafug iz dis "grease" thing? I can cut. And slash.
Start cutting and slashing with a grease wand.

It's one of my fave spells. I use to heighten it in tabletop just to fuck with my DM. Nothing like tripping a Balor with a level 9 heightened grease spell.

And yeah, maxing out your caster stat and taking spell focus + greater spell focus absolutely trivializes most of the harder fights early on.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Thing is, my party is only big enough for one stereotypical do-gooder Paladin Crusader big cheese. First opportunity I get, this bitch is gone. Let her holy-roll some other poor sap's adventuring party, I don't need her help. Hit the bricks, lady.

Crossed a fucking annoying bug that makes the Wights and Cairn Wights in the Pitaxian Wine Cellar completely unkillable (as: they take damage but their health never actually lowers. Or sometime it does but it doesn't reach zero).
If anyone knows a workaround it would be appreciated.

Shadenuat

Arcane
6) I am waiting for Seelah to become annoying
Her VO is annoying, but that's it. She buys everyone a round after your first victory.

Neither she or other companions are Zevrans blowing in your ear. Things that registered 2020 posters fight over doesn't really hurt game that much, and owlcats give you cool choices to do things with npcs and companions how you like.

"Hi, long winded explanation of everything I can do for you!"
and that, on the other hand, hurts game a lot.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Impressions so far: the game is quite fun. It also feels like a fucking clown show.

So there is this World Wound - a passage to the abyss that is littered with demons. Obviously only the most dedicated and zealous holy warriors would want to fight against something like that. We've all met crusading warriors popping-up here and there in many RPGs, but now we can see what they're up to when they really mean business. So what kind of people will join player on this epic quest to the biggest demonic invasions of all time? So, there's a woman who's writing an encyclopedia, she doesn't really give a shit. There's also that Assimar who was too busy having orgies with his butt-buddies to notice that demons are destroying the city. Also a Tiefling who's mostly interested in stealing shit. There is also a mutant boy, an autistic witch girl and a young noblewoman. They just happened to be in town. Finally we have a Paladin girl who stole her armor and is doing this Paladin shit to get popular.

I mean, where are guys like Kheldorn, Anomen, Durance, Harrim, Valerie, Aribeth and so forth? Nobody wants to fight demons for religious reasons or to help people? You could switch the cast of characters with any party-based RPG at random and the companions would fit the game better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom