Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's called EXPOSITON. It's important clue for books and movies because otherwise a person who is reading them, or watching them will not have any clue what's happening.
Dark Souls authors want to have a word with you.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I don't like the writing. I'm not even talking about sjw style stuff. Stylistically it's an overly wordy, silly style of modern writing that is obnoxious to read and listen to. Give me the old school pretend-medieval patois, anything really except this style. Good writing is simpler and more straightforward and allows for a greater sense of adventure. It gives the plot more room to breathe and simplifies the characters, making them more relatable. I dont care about my companions way-too-long and detailed life stories.

It's amazing how badly the writing has gone down to the toilet compared to Kingmaker, the writing in Kingmaker wasn't stellar, but at least it was to the point, concise and the writers seemed to know how to get stuff through with using limited amount of sentences. Either they got rid of the writers after Kingmaker or their brains rotted away and they threw all the restraint out of the window given how much of the writing is just walls of text.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Another bug. Marauder Wizard keeps casting Color Spray on his Marauder buddy and now turn locked up because Marauder buddy does not want to do anything or skip the turn... luckily you can switch to real time to fix this shit...

Lacrymas

Arcane
So, why does spiderlady care about the mongrels going into the labyrinth? It seems random and insincere.

Also, I was under the impression the World Wound is a very recent occurrence, yet the mongrels are the product of it? If it isn't a recent thing, why are we moving against it now instead of when it appeared?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That's called EXPOSITON. It's important clue for books and movies because otherwise a person who is reading them, or watching them will not have any clue what's happening.
Dark Souls authors want to have a word with you.
You heard exposition in Dark Souls intro. It didn't say anything a new player could have any clue about, but... You knew there was a history, and there was a forest, and there was a big fire.
I think you had also some exposition with that knight that rescued you. And with that girl in the palace.
And you had a plenty of hints from the crestfallen warrior.

Of course, I managed to finish by an alternative ending by an accident, when I did my blind first playthrough. Solaire survived last fight with final boss.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Bros, I need some advice. Since the companions so pozzed I keep hallucinating Alice Cooper in the background music, I decided to take at least one merc. My alchemist would love someone able to cast magic fang on him, so I'll go for a druid.

Now, I never play druids, more or less all my Pathfinder players hate druids (and nature in general) and when I need a druid npc for my adventures, I usually go for the standard druid, I know very little about the nuances and different archetypes. I will probably also turn Lann into a judge for the massive party-wide bonuses. I suppose they should also extend to summoned creatures, in any case they definitely will work on an animal companion, so I like the synergy. Keeping that in mind, which Druid archetype should I go for? I intend to keep it pure druid up to level 20, simply because the last time I had an high level druid was in IWD 2.

I was thinking Drovier, for even moar party-wide bonuses, but I'd like a monocled opinion from those that played the beta before me. Pls keep spoilers to a minumum, no need to tell me about leet magic items or such, just basic functionality and things I may have overlooked. Also, be racists and gimme a good monocled race to go with it.

Thx in advance :salute:

Why are the bad guys just telling you their plans? I love this Scooby Doo shit writing. This is almost as bad as Diablo 3's writing. The only thing left to do is read Dear Diary messages from the lords of Hell.
My favorite part is the redundant explanations back to back.

Mortmal

Arcane
I like how it's 47 pages of people bitching about women and minorities. I'm almost tempted to play more to see how exhaustive the "problem" is.
So, why does spiderlady care about the mongrels going into the labyrinth? It seems random and insincere.

Also, I was under the impression the World Wound is a very recent occurrence, yet the mongrels are the product of it? If it isn't a recent thing, why are we moving against it now instead of when it appeared?
it is random and insecere , she tell you later she was working with the cultists, so sending small groups to get converted at a time, make sense she dont want the whole tribe to go through

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I like how it's 47 pages of people bitching about women and minorities. I'm almost tempted to play more to see how exhaustive the "problem" is.

Most my posts are about the glorious necromancy of this game.

The companions are bad? Yes. But as longs you can hire mercs, how it is a problem? I have almost 300k gold and only know am further than I was in beta. BTW, what you will gonna hate is the "epic" nature of this game. I was casting tier 8 spells on chapter 2(marging spellbooks with lich and no xp share till lv 14). Now, I'm a lv 16 Wizard/5 Mythic which means that I have a caster level of 21 and with abundant casting, I can cast 15/14/13/11/11/11/10/10/10 spells per rest. Yes, 10 tier 9 spells and 15 tier 1(which I never use), not counting the ability to channel negative energy, summon two undead mammoths and other Lich stuff.

The game has 6 chapters and I'm in the beginning of ch 4.

Since you love "fascist wizards", You will gonna love Zacharius

s8q4q1d.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
Half of companions are quite fine
Embers new voice lines are like honey~
tutorialz and ch1 just front loaded with the meh tumblr ones.

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One other thing that is slightly annoying is the UI button placement. The inspection and select-all buttons should be over near the character portraits, where the stealth and AI buttons are.

Stealth and AI are the worst because they have no hotkeys, just press it for inspect.

It is a --baffling-- oversight, especially stealth. The fact that a mod had to be made with Unity Mod Manager to enable a stealth hotkey and they STILL don't have one in the 2nd game. Does. Not. Compute.

ALways amazed me the way people played IE games on the few occasions I watched them on Youtube. Everything was done on the mouse. I used almost every single key on the keyboard for the IE games and mostly used the mouse just for scrolling and targetting. Not having hotkeys for essential things like stealth is just bad design, inefficient, and poor gameplay from a design point of view and a gaming one.

Riel

Arcane
So to sum it up, haters are hating and people who like the game are too busy to post about it.

Honestly I haven't had a lot of time to play and I have restarted the game 3 times since I wasn't happy with some details of my build. But so far I am liking it.

volklore

Arcane
Man, this games needs more zoom. Why the fuck did they not only add camera rotation but also reduce the max zoom... This game feels really cramped to play. The companions are much more annoying than in kingmaker and voice acting is also worse. The whole writing (who was serviceable in P:KM) seems to have taken a huge downgrade with a lot of dumb marvel style diversity and humor. I don't remember PKM having so many quips and I definitely liked the characters more even at the start.
Other than that it's okay so far, the combat is really fun on hard (playing sage sorcerer). I had to use a lot of consumes to get through the prologue (Figured out that rest seemed unlimited in the maze though which made everything easier), especially to kill the water ely and the final boss. I am unsure about my pure caster pick because so far melee damage offering isn't great in terms of companions. Seelah is built alright but she's too good aligned to stick with me for what I am planning with this char.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So to sum it up, haters are hating and people who like the game are too busy to post about it.

Honestly I haven't had a lot of time to play and I have restarted the game 3 times since I wasn't happy with some details of my build. But so far I am liking it.
Was same deal with the first game.

I'd be busy too if I wasn't stopped by a known bug that made an encounter unbeatable until they patch it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I would've made the mongrel village more of a quest hub than it is. Exploring the cool, glowing mushroom caves would've been nice. Everything seems to be rushed now. If I remember correctly, there was more stuff to do underground in the tabletop module.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
See, Regill is a decently designed character. Unusual background, good build - Dex-focused two weapon fighter with gnome hooked hammers. Very monocled idea I'd say.

frajaq

Erudite
I have a suspicion I might be "progressing" through this Kenabres chapter wrong. Talking to people I unlocked a lot of locations but I'm still exploring Market Square, and there are some ROUGH fights. Are you supposed to explore this part bit by bit and alternate between going to different places?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Also, how do you use the Light of Heavens (is this a NWN2 reference?)? I don't see it in my inventory and there's no spell to conjure it as far as I can see. I might be blind, though.

I have a suspicion I might be "progressing" through this Kenabres chapter wrong. Talking to people I unlocked a lot of locations but I'm still exploring Market Square, and there are some ROUGH fights. Are you supposed to explore this part bit by bit and alternate between going to different places?
I started the Woljsomething quest to the point you get the sword, then cleaned the entire market square in one sitting with no rest, did my first and only rest then, went for the tower and library next AND THEN did the tavern siege.
Everything else after that. Including going back to the market square for some new stuff spawned to replace the previous one.

Core difficulty, playing mostly turn-based. And yes, it was rough at times.
The game loves to throw one million encounters for square meter at you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom