Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Volunteers needed - beta testing next Temple+ release

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hi folks,

next update has quite a few changes and bug fixes lined up (see changelog), so we want it to go through some more thorough testing before release. We're looking for volunteers!

How to get the beta release
Grab the latest build here:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/history

upload_2021-8-30_8-39-24.png

upload_2021-8-30_8-37-13.png

Download the 1st zip, extract it to some folder, and run TemplePlus.exe (or TemplePlusConfig.exe to run the updated configurator).

What to expect
The beta releases aren't any different than regular releases, actually. Just less tested ;)
You can play as normal, and if you can, please test the new features listed in the changelog.

Reporting bugs
As usual, if you find any bugs, here's how to report:

Please describe the problem as fully as possible, what your game version is, and provide a savegame to help us reproduce the issue.

Sending savegames:
<ToEE folder>\modules\ToEE\Save\
Make sure to include all the relevant files! Example:
Code:
slot0002[save name].gsi (where [save name] is replaced with the name of your save game)
slot0002.co8
slot0002.tfaf
slot0002.tfai

Log file & crash dumps:
Code:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\TemplePlus

If you experience a crash, please save aside the logfile before running the game again!
Otherwise it'll be overwritten.
You can zip the files and send via email, attach on forum post, or upload to a free filesharing site (e.g. wikisend.com).

Many thanks!
The Temple+ team

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
It's that time of the year again :happytrollboy:

Version 1.0.85 will include quite a few major fixes, including an attempt at finally solving the infamous permanent spell / particles issue (the game will now garbage collect spells when resting).

It also features a bunch of (optional) new classes, feats, and a ton of spells by Sagenlicht, doug and dolio. Enable Non-Core Materials to access those.

As before, since this is a large update I'd like some extra testing. I'll also add a few more fixes along the way, so if you have any particular pet peeve, now's a good time to bitch about it.

deuxhero

Arcane
What new classes?

As for pet peeve: An option to make Eldritch Knight only need 2nd level spells instead of 3rd (ala PF) would be nice. ToEE is basically over by the time you can enter with the 3E version.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
New classes are Abjurant Champion and Stormlord. (See full changelog linked in the OP)

I'll add that as a separate mod. Dolio also did something similar for Mystic Theurge so I'll throw that in too.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
What about the Archmage?
Wasn't there some missing feat or features for the scout and the dwarven defender (and maybe some other classes) ?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
What about the Archmage?
Wasn't there some missing feat or features for the scout and the dwarven defender (and maybe some other classes) ?
Archmage is, uh, coming soon? :P
Honestly it always seemed too much effort for one class that's only relevant very late in the game (level 14 at least). Definitely not for this version. I'd also considered swapping it with Dragon Disciple which is easier to do.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Fair enough, I was just wondering if I missed the release, dragon disciple seems fine.

Also, wasn't there some missing features for the swashbuckler as well or am I confusing it with another game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom