Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I have a suspicion I might be "progressing" through this Kenabres chapter wrong. Talking to people I unlocked a lot of locations but I'm still exploring Market Square, and there are some ROUGH fights. Are you supposed to explore this part bit by bit and alternate between going to different places?
Buy some fireball scrolls, should help with the constant hordes.

Trash Player

Scholar
Most my posts are about the glorious necromancy of this game.

The companions are bad? Yes. But as longs you can hire mercs, how it is a problem? I have almost 300k gold and only know am further than I was in beta. BTW, what you will gonna hate is the "epic" nature of this game. I was casting tier 8 spells on chapter 2(marging spellbooks with lich and no xp share till lv 14). Now, I'm a lv 16 Wizard/5 Mythic which means that I have a caster level of 21 and with abundant casting, I can cast 15/14/13/11/11/11/10/10/10 spells per rest. Yes, 10 tier 9 spells and 15 tier 1(which I never use), not counting the ability to channel negative energy, summon two undead mammoths and other Lich stuff.
I envy your enthusiasm and ability to have fun despite the thread being mostly complaints and posturing.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game throws so many healing potions at you, I'm just chugging them like at a buffet. Iirc, it was the same in Kangmaker.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Most my posts are about the glorious necromancy of this game.
I envy your enthusiasm and ability to have fun despite the thread being mostly complaints and posturing.

Shitting on bad writing is fine, but it seems like some newfags decided that RPG Codex is their personal crying booth about the fall of the western civilization. Guess what - it is not. Codex was created to discuss how gut or shit games are without developers moderating such things because they are too hot; not to be used as toilet paper for your constant hammering over N G & R keys on the keyboard for the lulz (even officialo Codex rules state that while there can be lulz, the original idea is not about actual lulz).

If anyone of you morons think that someone should be punished for not engaging into your screeching degeneracy about how you were punished by evil russkies on steam for crying about gay and prefers to play necromancers on storymode instead, I can only propose you to go and take a walk on your Capitol again, because it would be more productive and lean us a lot more lulz, than yet another self flagellation how you hate the poz, but still downloaded/pirated the game and can't beat the tutorial.

And if you insist on continuing that endless drivel, at least be a productive members and press the Report Bugs button for my Christmas 5 witches playthrough. I want a less buggy game when I engage into my azata lesbian romances.

Oh well I'll figure out eldritch knight lich build for second playthrough.

xl2I4s9.png

For sake of starting game instead of trying to decide what I want to play anyway I'll do slightly modified kineticist build I used in kingmaker and go for demon path, hopefully lawful alignment won't interfere with that in some way.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
See, Regill is a decently designed character. Unusual background, good build - Dex-focused two weapon fighter with gnome hooked hammers. Very monocled idea I'd say.

As further note: Since this is a modern CRPG, I KNOW there's gonna be some drama in his background. But I genuinely want to know what it is, precisely because he doesn't follow any of the usual character archetypes.

kain30

Cipher
the funniest bug just happened to me. I was fighting some mobs in the market square (in TB of course) and all of the sudden an enemy archer exploded in a rain of blood and guts when his turn started hahahah!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I also want to point out, with no small amount of pride, that I went full Stoner with my MC. Not just the avatar. He specializes in "incense". He's Chaotic Good. He's named after Johann Georg Faust and Nicolas Flamel - Two of the biggest alchemists in Europe but could also easily be the name of a guy who runs a headshop in Amsterdam. His birthday 20th of Gozran, otherwise known as 4/20.

Sorry, not sorry. :dealwithit:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I just killed the water elemental. It's a luck battle basically. Buff Lann with Enlarge Person, use Light of the Angel liberally, have Seelah chug a potion of Shield of Faith (very important), and hope the elemental doesn't crit her. I also summoned a creature with Camellia, but it died very fast. Oh, I also used Luck on everyone during the battle. I'm not sure what else I could've done here, I just reloaded until Seelah wasn't one-shot. There's loot in there too.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Beta-Players in the know, when does Zacharius pop-up again to formally induct you into the ways of Lichdom? I got his good graces in the Chapel and the Lich option was front-and-center for the second level up, but was unselectable. In the middle of the Drezen siege and I feel like I've missed something.

GloomFrost

Arcane
After arriving at the Crusader camp I finally realised what WOTR reminds me of....... the one and only.... The siege of dragonspear haha. Although even Dragonspear wasn't as woke and didn't have that many strong and independent wymen. That light hearted fantasy atmosphere of the first game is gone. But still must admit that the actual gameplay mechanics, music, graphics are not bad at all. Will keep playing.

It's that no matter the amount of damage inflicted they just don't die.
Desuman said that bug might be fixed by reloading.
I read, but none of the six or seven attempts I made worked.
Not even after closing and restarting the game entirely.
Not even after going in an entirely different area, doing other fights and then coming back.

No, you don't get it.
It's not a matter of not dealing damage. They don't even seem to have damage reduction of any kind.
It's that no matter the amount of damage inflicted they just don't die.
They should die by simply smashing them in the face, so sounds like a bug. If reloading doesn't help, try switching difficulty to story and see if they randomly explode or move on, there's nothing really earth shattering in there.
It IS a bug. The devs confirmed it's a known one.
WHEN the hotfix will be ready and if there's a workaround around it are the real questions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom