Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Generic-Giant-Spider

Let's be honest, we all went Lich.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I also want to point out, with no small amount of pride, that I went full Stoner with my MC. Not just the avatar. He specializes in "incense". He's Chaotic Good. He's named after Johann Georg Faust and Nicolas Flamel - Two of the biggest alchemists in Europe but could also easily be the name of a guy who runs a headshop in Amsterdam. His birthday 20th of Gozran, otherwise known as 4/20.

Sorry, not sorry. :dealwithit:
Yea, he looks somehow as badly clothed as I sometimes do. You can make his speak smart, and people would hear him saying something else.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Beta-Players in the know, when does Zacharius pop-up again to formally induct you into the ways of Lichdom

In chapter 2, you must find his wand. After it you deliver to him

HE is in

He is in the lost chapel. In the "basement", there are a lot of golems nearby. The wand, when you get into a cave full of swarm, you can find the wand"

You will get the lichdoom basic instructions on chapter 3(building a ziggurat and quests for him) But fully fledged lichdoom only in chapter 5.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-9-4_21-28-6.png

Yea, that sums it up. Satan, why are you doing this?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
For all the retard Cuck spamming phaggots, it turned out that doing in vitro with egg donor I now randomly have thirteen offspring with a very hot healthy young genius egg donor, two of which I get to raise myself.

So enjoy your inceldom, cucks!

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Seriously.

SERIOUSLY.

Please someone tell me I'm not the only one with this issue with the Crusader Army battles.

Many of the early low level demon armies have gargoyles in them. About ~30. Gargoyles are extremely resilient and can fly. Taking them down with the available troops (archers, footmen, hellknights in my case) takes AGES. There is no tactic or trick or weakness I could use to speed this up. I can't even LOSE the battle if I just keep clicking attack for 10 minutes straight because they can't really damage by units either. And to add insult to injury, you usually get all the troops back as long as the stack itself survives.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah it's amazing the people on Owlcat Forum act like it's de riguer for a class with Armor and Shield Proficiencies to go naked and destroy their builds to get back to where they started.

When they figure out that there isn't even item support for it in Wrath... well, at least hope they'll reconsider, but I doubt it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was just checking the achievement list on Steam, ordered by percentage, and I noticed one called Prelate's nemesis about killing the Nabasu demon in the streets of Kenabres at core difficulty or more...
Well, I actually did it (Market, when you fight the necromant shopkeeper the first time) and the achievement didn't unlock.

Is there more than one or is it just bugged?
I suspect there is a bug and you don't get the achievements if you changed your difficulty to Core from something else after having entered the area. I killed it on Core, but I switched the difficulty to be "Core" after loading a savegame so it was initially easier.

Last edited:

Lodis

Educated
Seriously.

SERIOUSLY.

Please someone tell me I'm not the only one with this issue with the Crusader Army battles.

Many of the early low level demon armies have gargoyles in them. About ~30. Gargoyles are extremely resilient and can fly. Taking them down with the available troops (archers, footmen, hellknights in my case) takes AGES. There is no tactic or trick or weakness I could use to speed this up. I can't even LOSE the battle if I just keep clicking attack for 10 minutes straight because they can't really damage by units either. And to add insult to injury, you usually get all the troops back as long as the stack itself survives.
You aren't the only one, I'm baffled at how unbalanced this shit is. If you have a general that can use magic then that helps but it's still a slog. Just wait until you get to the army battle right in front of Drezen. These battles were a lot more manageable in the beta, don't know why they changed the balancing so much.

Desiderius

Patron
Seriously.
Someone said having high lvl flaming rays helped them.
I remember just kinda spamming 1 level peasants and using giant stacks of them + splitting in standard HoMM fashion to kill gargs p easily (or anything else). At least that worked in beta.

They've toned down the group buffs from generals tho. Still probably best bet. If the Ranger general traps start working those could be pretty good.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Boy, don't roll a mage. Combat on core so far have been a pain since nobody can carry the weak mages and it seems all I get from the companions is some form of mage like class that dies so as soon a demon looks at them.
I'm playing a mage (Wizard) and he is quite squishy and useless so far. But a true gentleman doesn't go for the gay PF classes on his first playthrough.

Oh, this is delightful.

I got locked into a forced "random" encounter that introduces a companion (Jesus fucking Christ, the writing in this game is going to kill me).

So my front liners are both at 3hp, I have no healing, practically no buffs and nothing to debuff the cultists. The future "companion" doesn't fight. If I re-load early enough to actually have resources, I'm losing two hours of playtime.

I end up executing a Benny Hill routine with my archer running away from two remaining enemies that somehow ignore my near dead tank and proceed to get AOOed to death.

I'd normally call this shitty game design, but if I had fun figuring out a way out that particular shit creek, can I still complain?
I raged about the same thing some pages ago. Whoever made this either hasn't played games in his life, or thinks he has genius writing skills and everyone is astonished by his wit and cut of jib.

Desiderius

Patron
Seriously.

SERIOUSLY.

You aren't the only one, I'm baffled at how unbalanced this shit is. If you have a general that can use magic then that helps but it's still a slog. Just wait until you get to the army battle right in front of Drezen. These battles were a lot more manageable in the beta, don't know why they changed the balancing so much.

The earlier versions were trivial SoD. The balancing in the last Beta was great if all the abilities are now working and you can recruit enough troops. Make sure ot get Maneuver Mastery so you've got enough slots. If you don't have Clerics that is one reason it's taking you so long. They have Smite.

Desiderius

Patron
I raged about the same thing some pages ago. Whoever made this either hasn't played games in his life, or thinks he has genius writing skills and everyone is astonished by his wit and cut of jib.

Um, git gud?

Don't go around the map on your last legs. Resting is better.

Why does everyone not only seem to want faceroll but get mad if there's anything else.

We don't.

Likewise if you're Wiz sucks early play a Hagbond or Arcanist or build it so it's decent with an xbow or use Daze etc...

There are a million options. No reason to suck.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Great, Desuman takes night shift, I can finally explode some cows in Diablo 2 1.0 with my Necromancer.

This Triumvirate master russian/usa shill work doesn't pay enough. Not enough infinitron in me.
And Lann works less than Viktor, we might need a replacement.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Shitting on bad writing is fine, but it seems like some newfags decided that RPG Codex is their personal crying booth about the fall of the western civilization. Guess what - it is not. Codex was created to discuss how gut or shit games are without developers moderating such things because they are too hot; not to be used as toilet paper for your constant hammering over N G & R keys on the keyboard for the lulz (even officialo Codex rules state that while there can be lulz, the original idea is not about actual lulz).

If anyone of you morons think that someone should be punished for not engaging into your screeching degeneracy about how you were punished by evil russkies on steam for crying about gay and prefers to play necromancers on storymode instead, I can only propose you to go and take a walk on your Capitol again, because it would be more productive and lean us a lot more lulz, than yet another self flagellation how you hate the poz, but still downloaded/pirated the game and can't beat the tutorial.

And if you insist on continuing that endless drivel, at least be a productive members and press the Report Bugs button for my Christmas 5 witches playthrough. I want a less buggy game when I engage into my azata lesbian romances.
This reminds me, I came up with a Russian translation of Paladindu: "Негрыцарь".

I just killed the water elemental. It's a luck battle basically. Buff Lann with Enlarge Person, use Light of the Angel liberally, have Seelah chug a potion of Shield of Faith (very important), and hope the elemental doesn't crit her. I also summoned a creature with Camellia, but it died very fast. Oh, I also used Luck on everyone during the battle. I'm not sure what else I could've done here, I just reloaded until Seelah wasn't one-shot. There's loot in there too.
When Camellia gets to lvl2 you can pick "Evil Eye", an ability which allows you to debuff AC or Attack rolls, or Saving throws by -2, per your choice. It's either multiple rounds on a failed save, or one round on a successfull save. Quite overpowered.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Um, git gud?
Um, git fuckd?

I'm didn't rage at the combat encounter, I did so at the unskippable cutscene and inane dialogue. The retartet NPC companion which I sent away immediately was just salt in the wound.

"I'm gonna take control and cram that witty shit I came up with in your face, because it's so smart, and I'm so smart" is bad RPG design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom