Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Trash Player

Scholar
That stringy demodand I fought?
According to the wiki, it's CR 15,not 20.

What the fuck guys
It is correct. Check pfsrd. It is a common mistake to equate CR to Hit Die. High level creatures often have higher HD than CR.
CR works alright in single digit but tends to inflate compared to a party of 4+ later. Monsters lag behind mathfinding murderhobos.

It should be an appropriate encounter for a party of 6 lv10 adventurers. Owlcat may have a different idea.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I've mentioned this elsewhere but we just had a baby and he is a kickin', fussin', screamin', punchin', shittin' machine. Future crusader, perfectly able to kill multitudes of Saracens. Wife did a good job, 10/10 would impregnate again.

This, combined with my actual job, means I'm busy with real life. I don't have time for stupid bullshit like liberals, covid vaccine boosters, or respeccing. So someone just tell me straight up, have I fucked myself by rolling a human paladin? Is the class busted? Am I going to pay for this shit in 27 hours?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Seriously, how do you defend from those babau in Gwerm's mansion?
As usual when you have trouble, cast stinking clouds(precast delay poison on everyone) or pits, or use ray of exhaustion or any stat damage.Have the melee buffed to max , yes its long and a chore.

Despite what one might expect, gargoyles for example still get affected by stanking cloud. Demons apparently as well. Once you get aoe poison resistance there's no reason not to bomb every battlefield with gas.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Sawyer.jpg

Denim Destroyer

Learned
So someone just tell me straight up, have I fucked myself by rolling a human paladin? Is the class busted? Am I going to pay for this shit in 27 hours?

One of the first party members you can get is a paladin however she is built more towards strength than charisma so less abilities for her. Character wise she is far far from being a good example of a paladin by focusing more on the good side of the alignment axis than the lawful.

Lodis

Educated
They do. It's great.

Yep. I did the lich transformation few minutes ago.

You will be attacked during the transformation and ahve to have party helping you, if you are soloing ,bring the party. After it, your "instructor" will have your phylactery and I only tested one option to give it to him but he remands a price...

So far, the Lich form is not that interesting. And I liked how the fact taht you have philactery is not a good thing and it can be exploited. I will not say how, play the game to discover.

What is silly is that I can use blood infusions from my wiz subclass while a pure bone form.

Now, I will try Legend and make a backup of my save because I wanna see if I can get caster level = 40 with legend. Will play in story mode till I can decide legend in chapter 5(already did a bit of ch 5 as a lich). To be honest, losing my lich spells seems a extremely high cost but lets see what happens.
Did you come across any major bugs yet? Surprised you got to chapter five without any.

Generic-Giant-Spider

So someone just tell me straight up, have I fucked myself by rolling a human paladin?

Yes. You see I was also going to play a Paladin originally but then I thought I'd be "that guy" who only has sex in missionary. So I browsed my options, didn't want to play Rogue - Knife Master again and while I do think of myself as a yung Thug it lacked anything to really grab me by the balls and take me for a ride.

Then I searched Cleric. I'm not a big Cleric guy, and these games tend to always provide some sort of healer so I always see Clerics as something you go more battle-focused on if you want something different. I almost settled on Crusader until I went to Warpriest... then I saw it. "Cult Leader." Check this baby out: Spontaneous Casting, Well Hidden, Blessings, Sacred Weapon, Sneak Attack, Enthrall, Hide in Plain Sight and some other shit I can't recall from memory.

Join the winners, Decado.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They do. It's great.

Yep. I did the lich transformation few minutes ago.

You will be attacked during the transformation and ahve to have party helping you, if you are soloing ,bring the party. After it, your "instructor" will have your phylactery and I only tested one option to give it to him but he remands a price...

So far, the Lich form is not that interesting. And I liked how the fact taht you have philactery is not a good thing and it can be exploited. I will not say how, play the game to discover.

What is silly is that I can use blood infusions from my wiz subclass while a pure bone form.

Now, I will try Legend and make a backup of my save because I wanna see if I can get caster level = 40 with legend. Will play in story mode till I can decide legend in chapter 5(already did a bit of ch 5 as a lich). To be honest, losing my lich spells seems a extremely high cost but lets see what happens.
Did you come across any major bugs yet? Surprised you got to chapter five without any.

All I've seen are the class stuff. They put Life Link in the game for Daeran but the icon won't let you choose a target - that sort of thing. Persistent Metamagic not working.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Major bugs? That depends.

For eg, I could't progress with Arueshalae quest cuz leaving her dream causes the game to trash. In chapter 2, I had to reload a couple of times cuz the "exit" icon din't appeared.

Since I din't liked companions, I decided to skip most of his quests and since I did the ch 1 to begining of 4 in beta, I had knowledge about how to progress faster. But I still playing it as a non lifer. 41 hours in 3 and half days... I never played that much.

Desiderius

Patron
Seelah's OK but Pals really want to be whaling with those two-handers and she starts with Dodge and Shield Focus.

You can make her tanky and she's fine because Pal is insane in this setting but you can make a better one just hate to duplicate a companion class with so many classes missing.

She sets up ok for Cav or Skald or Bard (I've even done Crusader and Freebooter and will probably do Tactical Leader) and I even did Shield Bash Pal on my lvl 18 run and it can get there.

Desiderius

Patron
Army stuff is way easier than Beta make sure to talk to Half-Orc and she'll sell you a lvl 4 army after you do the tour. Abilities working now for Ranger General like 3x3 Confuse and Traps are cool.

Jorus

Educated

Major bugs? That depends.

For eg, I could't progress with Arueshalae quest cuz leaving her dream causes the game to trash. In chapter 2, I had to reload a couple of times cuz the "exit" icon din't appeared.

Since I din't liked companions, I decided to skip most of his quests and since I did the ch 1 to begining of 4 in beta, I had knowledge about how to progress faster. But I still playing it as a non lifer. 41 hours in 3 and half days... I never played that much.
In what chapter did Arue's quest crash for you? Chapter 3 or 4?

Generic-Giant-Spider

I think Kingmaker also had better alignment choices, at least for evil characters. So far a lot of the evil choices are a little too over-the-top and cartoonish. There's no social maneuvering to it. If there's an Evil option it'll likely be either an outright attack or something like "I'LL SKULLFUCK YOUR DEAD MOTHER." You'd think they'd want to make this a lot more fleshed out since you can go down Mythic paths like Lich or Devil. The choices aren't like, "well that's a pretty dickhead thing to do, but I see the point of it" but more of, "what an asshole."

Desiderius

Patron
I think Kingmaker also had better alignment choices, at least for evil characters. So far a lot of the evil choices are a little too over-the-top and cartoonish. There's no social maneuvering to it. If there's an Evil option it'll likely be either an outright attack or something like "I'LL SKULLFUCK YOUR DEAD MOTHER." You'd think they'd want to make this a lot more fleshed out since you can go down Mythic paths like Lich or Devil. The choices aren't like, "well that's a pretty dickhead thing to do, but I see the point of it" but more of, "what an asshole."

More like what a cunt.

The Ebil dudes are more complex and well written.

Generic-Giant-Spider

It annoys me because when you first meet Ember you see these crusaders deciding her fate. Two of them are real apprehensive, but one guy is so devoted to stopping demons that he'll actually kill this young witch girl if it means currying favor from Iomedae to grant blessings in battle. It's not being done for the sake of being a cunt, it's for the greater good. Why do the NPCs get the fun choices like that and not the player?

Syme

Arbiter
So after creating my character, I gotta say that I kinda miss rolling for stats. Right now, my virgin arcanist has trouble lifting his crossbow with his 7 strength, while chad bhaalspawn wizard could even handle a spare ankheg shell with his godly body.

cm0UcqF.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In what chapter did Arue's quest crash for you? Chapter 3 or 4?

3. 4 is in the abyss.

Yep.

In some games, I just can't do evil things. In Gothic 3, I never finished a Beliar side run cuz killing water mages which helped me and I liked then since G1 and even installed returning to play as one...

In Kingmaker, even when I play as evil, I avoid doing evil things to my own party. In this game, I just don't care, in fact enjoy doing evil things to most companions.

----
PPiTzRu.png

Yes, a undead dragon. But I reloaded my save and will play without the lich transformation, In fact, I will probably kill the guy who wanna make me a lich.

Lamiosa

Educated
This was my great disappointment with the demon path when I tried it in the beta. They went for always angry, all the time which is fine but I hoped that a tragic hero type would also be possible. Maybe devil will fill that niche (though I doubt it), but fuck being a cosmic merchant.

supposedly demon has two subpaths, full rage and control rage:
image.png
people said that it was unfinished on beta. I will report in two days, currently finishing drezen siege

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom