Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Teleport with damage was finally working when I tested it on last day.

I'm not seeing weak.

Desiderius

Patron
Staff Sling is now Halfling Martial Wep, and there is a ridonkulous one on sale in Drezen:

Halfling Martial Sling Staff in game.jpg

That one's fine, the one in Drezen is great.

A little halfling C&C:

Halfling C&C.jpg

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The way you level up your generals reminds me of Disciples. Ironically Owlcat has made me more nostalgic for Disciples, than the actual announcement for the new Disciples game.

Also... I don't think I can get the under 75 rests achievements on my first run. This shit is intense as is. Woof~!

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
So many combinations I want to play the game with… ahh fuck, might have to do another play through with custom companions and just skip companion content

Jinn

Arcane
The way you level up your generals reminds me of Disciples. Ironically Owlcat has made me more nostalgic for Disciples, than the actual announcement for the new Disciples game.

That sounds pretty cool to me. Is the crusader stuff really as bad as some around here have made it out to be? I was kind of looking forward to that part.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I think Kingmaker also had better alignment choices, at least for evil characters. So far a lot of the evil choices are a little too over-the-top and cartoonish. There's no social maneuvering to it. If there's an Evil option it'll likely be either an outright attack or something like "I'LL SKULLFUCK YOUR DEAD MOTHER." You'd think they'd want to make this a lot more fleshed out since you can go down Mythic paths like Lich or Devil. The choices aren't like, "well that's a pretty dickhead thing to do, but I see the point of it" but more of, "what an asshole."
This was my great disappointment with the demon path when I tried it in the beta. They went for always angry, all the time which is fine but I hoped that a tragic hero type would also be possible. Maybe devil will fill that niche (though I doubt it), but fuck being a cosmic merchant.

I doubt they will nail any nuance on Lawful-Evil / Devil whatsoever. But that being said... demon sort of should be what an asshole. They are pure distilled chaotic evil and rage filled at all times. They would take great joy in causing suffering for the lulz at every possible turn even if there is no material gain from doing so. Devils are much more chill / complex by comparison.

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That sounds pretty cool to me. Is the crusader stuff really as bad as some around here have made it out to be? I was kind of looking forward to that part.
So far it is manageable. And clearly not the focus of the game. Just something to make you feel like an actual commander.

N.B.: I'm very slow and meticulous when I play. I read every line. And I carefully move my pieces. And I've just started Chapter 2.
As a consequence, there might be surprises later on. I'll post as my opinion evolves.

Desiderius

Patron

I’m really enjoying it. It’s come a long way. Nothing fancy but pretty solid at this point. Decent amount of strategic depth.

Same thing people did with P:K. Sucked because they hated it and hated it because they sucked.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
In what chapter did Arue's quest crash for you? Chapter 3 or 4?

3. 4 is in the abyss.

I think Kingmaker also had better alignment choices, at least for evil characters. So far a lot of the evil choices are a little too over-the-top and cartoonish. There's no social maneuvering to it. If there's an Evil option it'll likely be either an outright attack or something like "I'LL SKULLFUCK YOUR DEAD MOTHER." You'd think they'd want to make this a lot more fleshed out since you can go down Mythic paths like Lich or Devil. The choices aren't like, "well that's a pretty dickhead thing to do, but I see the point of it" but more of, "what an asshole."

Yep.

In some games, I just can't do evil things. In Gothic 3, I never finished a Beliar side run cuz killing water mages which helped me and I liked then since G1 and even installed returning to play as one...

In Kingmaker, even when I play as evil, I avoid doing evil things to my own party. In this game, I just don't care, in fact enjoy doing evil things to most companions.

----
PPiTzRu.png

Yes, a undead dragon. But I reloaded my save and will play without the lich transformation, In fact, I will probably kill the guy who wanna make me a lich.
You've been doing almost nothing but fapping to the Lich path for the past several months. What changed?

Voids

Augur
Still in chpt 1. I would dump Lann if he wasn't such a fucking destroyer. He's easily my least favorite companion. I think my first merc buy will be a fighter who can stand on the front line and just cleave his way through shit.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You've been doing almost nothing but fapping to the Lich path for the past several months. What changed?

I like lich MP due the spells, SLA and other stuff that you can do but the lich transformation itself is very lackluster.

• Undeads should get the undead traits. Immunity to critical, no CON score(...), you don't get it
  • The "benefits" of undeath which transformation gives, you already gain by being a dhampir(like healing from neg energy)
  • I treasure immersion too much and having a pure bone guy using cruoromancer's blood infusion breaks my suspension of disbelief. Is awful. Creatures without blood(incorporeal, liches, etc) should't be able to use this class feature.
  • The portrait for Lich is amazing but the model itself isn't.
  • I will not spoil what happens after you get the transformation, but think a little. IF you own a lich's phylactery, you can demand anything for him in exchange for it.
  • I always prefered other types of undeads. I always loved more vampires over liches, shadows over skeletons and so on.
Ideally, instead of a Lich path, we should have a "undead path", with vampires, shadow, mummies and liches to chose.

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So after creating my character, I gotta say that I kinda miss rolling for stats. Right now, my virgin arcanist has trouble lifting his crossbow with his 7 strength, while chad bhaalspawn wizard could even handle a spare ankheg shell with his godly body.

cm0UcqF.jpg

You can always take the Bulgar-pill!

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Where is Ramien at? They changed his alpha location and the market is now backwards so now I can’t find him even though I’ve backtracked.

The_Mask

Patron
Same place, in front of the Temple of Desna. It's just I think he's bugged to always go invis, so you constantly have to pass a perception check to see him. Or just run into him.

Reinhardt

Arcane
btw why people play with companions if they don't like them? Just hire mercenaries?
not enough cash yet
Yeah, making you pay 4500 per merc is just stupid. What's the gameplay rational for this? It's not like you can ever have more than a set amount of characters in your party. I think the devs just want to punish players for not picking their shitty companions.
You are asking them to charge into the middle of almost lost war against the demon horde. No, seriously, nigger, you are so petty and cheap. No merc worth his price would deal with you anyway.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth

I’m really enjoying it. It’s come a long way. Nothing fancy but pretty solid at this point. Decent amount of strategic depth.

Same thing people did with P:K. Sucked because they hated it and hated it because they sucked.

Man, I'm sure it fucking is with some of demon commanders having 1-strike spell stack killing thunder bolts. Or game breaking bug of Banner of Defence in Chapter 3 which tanks your morale to -100 in no time. Or the fact they got shitton feedback and didn't include Crusade difficulty slider in and made it retarded from pretty good build of Beta 2. Mhm.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Is there any reason to play a fighter over a paladin?
I'm playing 2h fighter and it's gud. No mumbo-jumbo, just good old cold steel greatsword and she just 1-2 everything that moves. Demons, cultists, swarms - just stains on the floor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom