Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
Goods shouldn't take her, that much is obvious.

Disagree on the trust part, she's very upfront that she'll stand with whomever is strongest - if you're confident that will be you, you take her.
Who gets to decide who is strongest, though? What's stopping her from betraying me when we face Deskari and she decides he's stronger? "I stand with the strongest" is an even worse case to make for her.

Again, if you're confident you (the PC) can convince her that's you, take her. It really plays out like that in game, she's completely loyal that way.

Reminds me of One of Many from MoB, he will also stab you in the back if you try and cuck him, but play nice and he's the most loyal of them all.
So, yeah, there are no guarantees, which is the problem with her. People like her are like wild animals, you can't trust them they won't turn around and eat you at any moment. One of Many isn't like that, if you go along with its perversions and allow it to feed it stays loyal to you no matter what. It's not a coin toss whether it will deem stronger than you.

She is just like OoM, if you go along her perversions and feed her she'll stay loyal.

I found the writing communicated this clearly, so I had no issue with her, but even if you think this is disputable, the gameplay reality is that it works out like that.

It's really not a 'coin toss', it's very similar to OoM where if you don't allow him to eat X he'll flip on you etc.

Codex Year of the Donut
So vast majority of the dialogue is voiced now? Maybe the only advice/lesson, beside not doing direct sequel, they could've taken from Sawyer and PoE 2 was not to do fully voiced and they ignore that one. I wonder how big chunk of the budget they spent on VA.
?
Sawyer said that it was hell doing it on a tight schedule, but it was one of their most well received improvements over the first game.
He also stress that it’s somewhat expected now and fairly important because streamers HATE having to read to their audience.

That aside, this game is nowhere near fully voiced. It could be 20-30% at most.
The debate about voice acting has been heavily colored by the impact SAG has. Non-SAG voice actors are cheap as fuck(I've asked quite a few indie devs what they paid for voice acting.) And if you hire a single SAG voice actor, your entire work has to use only SAG actors which causes voice acting costs to go through the roof.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Buy some fireball scrolls from the mage guy at the tavern, should help. Game is very overturned. I’m just now going to start Market Square and onward (only previously did it in alpha and wasn’t that bad but it probably got harder.). Masochistic design is expected tbh, it’s owlcat..
Yeah, I'm beginning to establish proper communication with this game on Core difficulty.

Apparently at this difficulty I'm expected to not only prebuff but also spend some cash on scrolls, and then actually use them. I beat the Library combat, 2 of my 3 fireballs were enough, mopped up afterwards but I still got one knockout (no black-and-white portrait though, got up afterwards).

I also beat the Babau's in Gwerm's study. My party is of five lvl3 characters - PC Wizard, Paladindu, Spidergirl, Camellia, and Ember. Paladindu and Spidergirl were buffed with Enlarge person, Blur (I got a bunch of blur potions from the Library combat), Protection from evil. I also cast Protection from Chaos, communal, don't know where I found the scroll.

In the combat itself I used Grease, then also Entangle (to reduce their number of attacks). These two spells mainly did the job. I also cast my third fireball scroll but it didn't do much, especially given the energy resistances these fucks have. People who are saying that low level wizards have no business doing other than buffing, are certainly right. Paladindu had to chug one potion of cure moderate wounds, but still got knocked out the next round. Babau's and their sneak attacks, bad RNG.

I managed to get them to a sleep condition a couple of times, but strangely I wasn't allowed to do Coup de grace on them. And, I played on turn based.

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Learned
Doom is canon in Pathfinder.

pU6Sbdp.jpg

TVldrD8.jpg

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
As a Cavalier whose order only allows for you to pick a horse at first, can I discard it in favor of some more exotic mount later on?

And also, will a mount permanently occupy a companion slot?

Cavaliers only use horses. However there is a sub-class of cavalier called Beast Rider which lets you choose a mount. There is a catch. All normal animal companions (boards, bears etc.) count as normal sized. And you need your mount to be at least one size bigger than you. Animal companions grow in size at level 7, which means that if you play as a human with bear companion you'll only be able to ride it at that level. Halfling and gnomes being small can ride these earlier, but they both get -2 str which sucks. I'm playing as standard Cavalier to level 7, then I'll respec to try out riding dinosaurs and such.

Mount doesn't occupy a companion slot despite what interface might suggest. You can get 5 NPC + your horse.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane

Parabalus

Arcane
No, you're stuck with a horse.
Oh well.

I think if you go Azata you can ride that, think that's the only mythic giving something else rideable.
I'm going either Devil or Legend, but eh. Caedus Svolus can retain his trusty Bucephalus and give it some armor. :obviously:

kjysZn5.png

For Devil you need to start with Aeon or Azata (and another one?), so you can definitely try it out.

Parabalus

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Riding a dragon? Now that sounds badass.

Isn't it the same little dragon that leaves you if you abandon the path or is that some other path-dependent companion that I'm mistaking it for?

Saravan

Savant
The way you level up your generals reminds me of Disciples. Ironically Owlcat has made me more nostalgic for Disciples, than the actual announcement for the new Disciples game.

That sounds pretty cool to me. Is the crusader stuff really as bad as some around here have made it out to be? I was kind of looking forward to that part.

I’m really enjoying it. It’s come a long way. Nothing fancy but pretty solid at this point. Decent amount of strategic depth.

Same thing people did with P:K. Sucked because they hated it and hated it because they sucked.

Always with this retarded conclusion. Not every flaw in the game design is related to a matter of player skill. The crusader system is laughably easy but it's incredibly boring due to it's very barebones system. It was alright up until chapter 2 due to the idea still being novel but then the cracks started to show with the system.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Protection from evil. I also cast Protection from Chaos, communal, don't know where I found the scroll.
Be advised, those don't stack. If the opponent is Chaotic Evil you need just one of them.

In the combat itself I used Grease, then also Entangle (to reduce their number of attacks). These two spells mainly did the job. I also cast my third fireball scroll but it didn't do much, especially given the energy resistances these fucks have. People saying low level wizards have no business doing other than buffing are certainly right. Paladindu had to chug one potion of cure moderate wounds, but still got knocked out the next round. Babau's and their sneak attacks, bad RNG.
Sounds like you used proper tactics. But if low level wizards should only buff, who cast that Grease that won the combat for you?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
She is just like OoM, if you go along her perversions and feed her she'll stay loyal.

I found the writing communicated this clearly, so I had no issue with her, but even if you think this is disputable, the gameplay reality is that it works out like that.

It's really not a 'coin toss', it's very similar to OoM where if you don't allow him to eat X he'll flip on you etc.
But you don't have evidence of One of Many betraying a life-long companion because it was convenient for it, unlike with spiderlady. This is from the point of view of someone who can't know the future (obviously) and have just now finished the battle with what's'-her-face (Hollisa?) and talking with spiderlady. All you know of her is she's a traitor, ate human flesh, worked with the cultists to convert or consume her family/clan, and wanted to kill Lann, a life-long companion and allegedly lover, because it was convenient to her. One of Many starts submissive with no such baggage and you are a spirit-eater, capable of consuming it whenever you wish. There's no guesswork here on how to keep it loyal. Spiderlady outright tells you she works for the strongest and the strongest is whomever she deems. Too much of a wild card for me and I wouldn't take her if this were real life in basically any circumstance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom