Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
Hey Mer, how are the bugs in later chapter?

So far, I encountered more bugs in ch 2 and 3 than in ch 4 or 5. But is just me.

Isn't it weird how the game has been reviewed by "professional" critics yet not one of them bothered to mention these things? Almost like they don't actually play the games they review...

They play like the prologue and review a 100 hour game with base in 40 minutes of gameplay

Piece of trash game. Basically more of the first one, including all the bugs. Definitely Codex GOTY 2021, some things never change.

PS: Also, no Linux version? Go fuck yourselves with a horse.

Judging a game without even trying it. But I agree. Linux should get a version.

--------------------------------

Anyone here is playing in Azata mythic path? I'm curious about the spells + dragon companion + "superpowers"

Chapter 3 start to fall a bit apart , that for lich path. Mainly the crusade part, you get 100% more cost on mercenaries, lower recruits growth, but some of your slain enemies are raised as skeletons and zombies. Problem is you dont get near enough of them, and if the main army you fight with does not have undead they just appear on the map as very small new army stack . Then the banner of defense stay red while none of the forts are under siege, which eat the crusade morale and eventually could lead to a game over. Turning the crusade on auto break the mythic path quest as you need specific buildings to be constructed, not to mention you lose ton of content. The crusade management feels like the kindgdom management on kingmaker at release, a pain in the ass , gamebreaking and unfun.
Apparently that was already known in beta and none of our codex champions warned anyone as usual.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I encountered a kinda funny bug:

In the boss battle in the gray garrison you get massively buffed with one of the effects being automatic failure on saving throws against your spells.

The issue here was in every fight someone casted grease on the floor and everyone would fall down, both my guys and the enemy without any ability to stand up.
At first I didn't realise that it was my guys that were somehow using grease but when I did I turned off the ai, only to discover that that didn't stop them from automatically casting the spell.

In the end I had to reload before the fight and un-memorize the spell for it not to be cast and fuck up the entire fight.

Saravan

Savant
Anyone here is playing in Azata mythic path? I'm curious about the spells + dragon companion + "superpowers"

I'm playing, its really fun for casters. One superpower makes you cast same spell twice, clearing rooms with 1 chain lightning. Also got nice spells that fully or partially refreshes your and party members main spell book slots.
Dragon is cute and gets bigger, stronger. Can be mountable too, once it grows big enough.

Amazing. I decided. My second run will be Azata. Now, Witch or Wizard?

Angel looks like is amazing for divine casters and martial.

I'd say go magus like me, you can select 4 superpowers now (was 2 in beta) Ehem;

Two for casting two for melee ,
Makes your magus go for a killing spree

(god damn Azata way is growing on me...)

Yeah, I really see the biggest synergies for gishes like Magus and then later you can transition into Gold Dragon but with 4 superpowers and shared teamwork feats it's great for pure martial builds like myself. I was initially going Angel even though for a shield bashing build Crusader (Cleric) is a lot better synergized.

The problem I saw for melee Angel wanting to utilize Sword of Heaven is that for one thing it's a standard action so you can't do a full attack when you want to use it and if you really want to keep Sword of Heaven up at all times without resting you need to invest in one upgrade to the Sword of Heaven to turn it into 5 minutes and the two mythic abilities for greater enduring spells. At that point Sword of Heaven is online 24h. But it's a lot of investment. Easier with Azata.

Aeon seems good too for martial wanting to use full attacks consistently since it has a lot of swift action economy. Azata I see more as passive boosts, you will have to live though with turning your story into an anime, but it kinda already is so whatever.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The issue here was in every fight someone casted grease on the floor and everyone would fall down, both my guys and the enemy without any ability to stand up.

Seems like your standard grease experience. Also you can always just dismiss AOE spells you've cast via standard action. The only trick is to remember which wizard cast which spell.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What can I say, Nenio and a Reinhardt self-insert are meant for each other. :M

And on that note, Nenio's joining of the party is a literal comedy sketch. Don't want that shit in an otherwise serious CRPG story (which doesn't mean that the game can't be humorous in other ways without trying to pull a bad Monty Python).

I told her to go to hell. Which in this case was across the street.

Last edited:

gongal

Educated
Beginning of the game is pretty gay but it gets better. Gotta say I am hooked. Soundtrack fits the situations well. I especially fancy when metal-esque songs start to play.

Like... absolutely for real?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is it just me or is turn based mode pretty wonky? Units on both side seem to frequently avoid unit collision. Mousing over enemies with bows/spells sometimes triggers AoOs out of sequence.

It still feels like how it's meant to be played though.

Yes, unit collusion has been turned off for some reason. Monsters just walk through their friends to get to you. I hate it. What's the point of chokepoints now?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
BTW, I din't liked lich transformation, but lich powers are amazing. You can reanimate even the supreme Bitch
Heh.
So that's how their promised romance option looks in the morning without makeup.
All you need is some lichdom to reveal it.

All more reason to romance Daeran.
Never said that, who are you quoting?

Erebus

Arcane
I picked a Grenadier, as I enjoyed playing one in Kingmaker. But I'm beginning to wonder about the discoveries I should pick this time.

In Kingmaker, picking acid bombs was a waste. They were useful against the special trolls of chapter 2, but that's pretty much it. I found it better to stick to normal bombs until I could pick force bombs.

In WotR, I guess we'll be fighting creatures like demons fairly often, and demons often have elemental resistances in D&D/Pathfinder. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them were quite resistant to fire.

So I'm considering picking a discovery that'll allow me to use acid, cold or lightning bombs. Are there some elemental resistances that are especially common among the enemies encountered in the first chapters of the game ?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Trivia: The word Seelah (meaning the pronounced sound) means "strenght" or "power" in our language, sometimes in street-talk it's also an awe interjection. I wonder whether that was deliberate from Owlcat. I vaguely recall some other Slavic easter-eggs references from the P:K.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I picked a Grenadier, as I enjoyed playing one in Kingmaker. But I'm beginning to wonder about the discoveries I should pick this time.

In Kingmaker, picking acid bombs was a waste. They were useful against the special trolls of chapter 2, but that's pretty much it. I found it better to stick to normal bombs until I could pick force bombs.

In WotR, I guess we'll be fighting creatures like demons fairly often, and demons often have elemental resistances in D&D/Pathfinder. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them were quite resistant to fire.

So I'm considering picking a discovery that'll allow me to use acid, cold or lightning bombs. Are there some elemental resistances that are especially common among the enemies encountered in the first chapters of the game ?
Grenadier here as well, I feel you. I hated how in early 5 hours 80% of all damage resistant creatures have 10 fire, acid, cold, and most of companions have fire / acid based damage spells. So I've picked shock bombs. ...erm... only to find out that I've missed the Immunities: Electricity text under it. AAAAAAAARRRGGH.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

Seems like your standard grease experience. Also you can always just dismiss AOE spells you've cast via standard action. The only trick is to remember which wizard cast which spell.
Not when literally everyone is lying on the floor and saving to stand up is literally impossible.

I had no issues with autocasts before this battle.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Is it just me or is turn based mode pretty wonky? Units on both side seem to frequently avoid unit collision. Mousing over enemies with bows/spells sometimes triggers AoOs out of sequence.

It still feels like how it's meant to be played though.

Yes, unit collusion has been turned off for some reason. Monsters just walk through their friends to get to you. I hate it. What's the point of chokepoints now?

It's not true at least not entirely. There's a guardroom at the end of the garrison with some demons, cambions, minotaurs and I just positioned my party at the door and they had to fight me 2 at a time.

Robber Baron

Savant
Having multiple party members finally makes sence when you let one team rest while continue exploring with the others as the MC chugs bottle after bottle of restoration potions on his 2-day sleepless amphetomine crusade

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

Unholy bombs? Everything is kinda unholy in demon land.

Erebus

Arcane
Alchemists are stupid and all righteous men hate them. Vivis are the worst.

Vivisectionists are so different from normal alchemists that they might as well be a completely different class.

Grenadiers want to blow stuff up and leave charred remains in their wake ; I don't see what could be more righteous than that.

Reinhardt

Arcane
My party right now - 7, 4, 6, 16, 2 hp. Still didn't rested after marketplace. No potions, no spells. Fox - full hp. She didn't lied whe she said she leaves boring battle stuff to me.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, I know. They also expect compensation for whatever it is they do, it's never enough to do it altruistically. I have a tabletop adventure in which I explicitly tell the players they will give up their loot in order to save a character's life and in the two times we played it (with different people) nobody did it. After that, one of the players told me how he expects to get rewarded for saving the character anyway and that the saved character should come and help them in some way after that. It was pretty interesting all things considered.
That's the influence of bad videogames on PnP players.

I told her to go to hell. Which in this case was across the street.
Same here. It felt very satisfying. One less annoying companion to care about. I hope she doesn't pop out of a shady corner at some later point.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Trivia: The word Seelah (meaning the pronounced sound) means "strenght" or "power" in our language, sometimes in street-talk it's also an awe interjection. I wonder whether that was deliberate from Owlcat. I vaguely recall some other Slavic easter-eggs references from the P:K.
Seelah is an iconic Pathfinder character. Her name was chosen by Paizo years ago.

Acrux

Arcane

Owlcat didn't create Seelah. She's the "iconic" paladin from Paizo (like Amiri in Kingmaker).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom