Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
Anyone here is playing in Azata mythic path? I'm curious about the spells + dragon companion + "superpowers"
no, they're terrible crap, worst path in the game. be Lich Viktor

Amazing. I decided. My second run will be Azata
nnoooo Viktooooor :negative:

Codex Year of the Donut
Trivia: The word Seelah (meaning the pronounced sound) means "strenght" or "power" in our language, sometimes in street-talk it's also an awe interjection. I wonder whether that was deliberate from Owlcat. I vaguely recall some other Slavic easter-eggs references from the P:K.
Seelah is an iconic Pathfinder character. Her name was chosen by Paizo years ago.
and if you're curious, the Paizo version of her looks even worse somehow.
Seelah.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
My party right now - 7, 4, 6, 16, 2 hp. Still didn't rested after marketplace. No potions, no spells. Fox - full hp. She didn't lied whe she said she leaves boring battle stuff to me.
She? How many million women they have as NPCs? Male female equality doesn't mean put 90 percent women on high positions, or have 70 percent of NPCs as female. WTF is this game, a harem building simulator?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Trivia: The word Seelah (meaning the pronounced sound) means "strenght" or "power" in our language, sometimes in street-talk it's also an awe interjection. I wonder whether that was deliberate from Owlcat. I vaguely recall some other Slavic easter-eggs references from the P:K.
Seelah is an iconic Pathfinder character. Her name was chosen by Paizo years ago.

Paizo art has always been shit.

The Jester

Cipher
Not enough belt.

panda

Savant
Is it just me or is turn based mode pretty wonky? Units on both side seem to frequently avoid unit collision. Mousing over enemies with bows/spells sometimes triggers AoOs out of sequence.

It still feels like how it's meant to be played though.

Yes, unit collusion has been turned off for some reason. Monsters just walk through their friends to get to you. I hate it. What's the point of chokepoints now?

It's not true at least not entirely. There's a guardroom at the end of the garrison with some demons, cambions, minotaurs and I just positioned my party at the door and they had to fight me 2 at a time.
I feel like it hapens on turn 1 mostly. If you open battle with ranged char enemies will often beeline to that char's position and'll ignore unit collision on first move. After turn 1 all works pretty well indeed, you can block doors and chop chop chop with supreme reach.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Is it just me or is turn based mode pretty wonky? Units on both side seem to frequently avoid unit collision. Mousing over enemies with bows/spells sometimes triggers AoOs out of sequence.

Yes, unit collusion has been turned off for some reason. Monsters just walk through their friends to get to you. I hate it. What's the point of chokepoints now?

It's not true at least not entirely. There's a guardroom at the end of the garrison with some demons, cambions, minotaurs and I just positioned my party at the door and they had to fight me 2 at a time.
I feel like it hapens on turn 1 mostly. If you open battle with ranged char enemies will often beeline to that char's position and'll ignore unit collision on first move. After turn 1 all works pretty well indeed, you can block doors and chop chop chop with supreme reach.

Speaking of supreme reach, the fight on the third day has one of the best examples of braindead AI. The last line of defenders to the Tavern is a bunch of dudes forming a shield-wall. They'll attack everyone that comes near but otherwise won't budge. At the end of the combat a Fell Minotaur came-up to them and started attacking. Since he was outside their reach they couldn't counter attack. So instead of making literally one step forward they were just waiting to get slaughtered.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So is the writing 'woke tongue in cheek' as per Kingmaker, or woke that's barely tolerable?.

Edit: But still worth buying 'cause it's a good game.

deama

Prophet
Companions so far are kinda meh, wenduag I thought was interesting but turned out to be a bitch.
Regill so far is the only good one imo.

Kingmaker I remember I liked amiri, the 2 gnome companions, the dwarf, and valerie.

Where/when do you get the fox companion does anyone know?

Ehrenmann

Beginning of the game is pretty gay but it gets better. Gotta say I am hooked. Soundtrack fits the situations well. I especially fancy when metal-esque songs start to play.

Like... absolutely for real?
Yeah, the companions are the weakest aspect of the game. Now that I am past the initial tinder phase of meeting the companions the game is getting quite good. I like that the game rewards me for my cold calculated approach to war so far. If it keeps going like this, I will be very satisfied.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Now i really must rest. Fatique and negative level on my main. Where is my dps?!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
How do you recruit units for your army?

I just reached the overworld map after the first chapter and I have two armies. I recruit a general for one of them by clicking on the "i" button on the bottom of the screen, but despite what the tutorial says, there is nothing there that allows me to recruit new units or reinforce from losses.

Also another question, where can you start building your city? I also see no city management screen.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Goods shouldn't take her, that much is obvious.

Disagree on the trust part, she's very upfront that she'll stand with whomever is strongest - if you're confident that will be you, you take her.
Who gets to decide who is strongest, though? What's stopping her from betraying me when we face Deskari and she decides he's stronger? "I stand with the strongest" is an even worse case to make for her.

Again, if you're confident you (the PC) can convince her that's you, take her. It really plays out like that in game, she's completely loyal that way.

Reminds me of One of Many from MoB, he will also stab you in the back if you try and cuck him, but play nice and he's the most loyal of them all.
So, yeah, there are no guarantees, which is the problem with her. People like her are like wild animals, you can't trust them they won't turn around and eat you at any moment. One of Many isn't like that, if you go along with its perversions and allow it to feed it stays loyal to you no matter what. It's not a coin toss whether it will deem stronger than you.

She wouldn't have gone with you anyway, somebody who is so insecure, she would have smelled the pussy on a you a mile away
Lacrymas is just a cuteboi.
Go to sleep for five hours and the thread is already a Lacrymas's dear dairy i had lustful thoughts after a fit arab boy....oh well everything is as expected.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Speaking of supreme reach, the fight on the third day has one of the best examples of braindead AI. The last line of defenders to the Tavern is a bunch of dudes forming a shield-wall. They'll attack everyone that comes near but otherwise won't budge. At the end of the combat a Fell Minotaur came-up to them and started attacking. Since he was outside their reach they couldn't counter attack. So instead of making literally one step forward they were just waiting to get slaughtered.
They need Ash to train them.

Ehrenmann

Companions so far are kinda meh, wenduag I thought was interesting but turned out to be a bitch.
Regill so far is the only good one imo.

Kingmaker I remember I liked amiri, the 2 gnome companions, the dwarf, and valerie.

Where/when do you get the fox companion does anyone know?
If you met Regill already then you will get the fox soon. Keep exploring the map it's not far away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom