Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Stokowski

Arcane
Owlcat + Unity. Sponsored by Gazprom.

fKginY9.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane
After a trip eastward to get some gear and XP (barely reaching level 6) I did Lara's quest in the Den with her as sole survivor of the two factions, then killed her. Then I killed Metzger. Started with stealing his stim pack and the extra ammo of his guards, then reverse pickpocketing explosives (from the mine) to soften up him and his immediate guards.
e5pPIKw.png

I actually won the fight after this with relative ease. The ability to exit combat seems to be based (at least in part) on the shortest path between the PC and hostiles instead of absolute distance and the guards like to return to their starting position when combat ends. This means shooting through windows makes it very easy to poke the enemy to death and then run away. I think a non-hostile Den resident getting stuck in the front door when the explosives went off also helped.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
Ninja style :thumbsup: Sneak helps with that too, obviously. But if resort to stealing beforehand it's much easier to just use the stolen psycho and kill them all in one go.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Finished Xanadu Next. Absolutely radical and tubular ARPG. Short game though, only took me 18 hours to complete. Ah well, great fun anyway.

NZerA2O.jpg

0hbKNz2.jpg

jCPCJHu.jpg

jDUjNNg.jpg

teUJML0.jpg

Pretty cool reflections.

QSIfVpb.jpg

axh1H9A.jpg

KTA81HQ.jpg

tvnb5xe.jpg

aSLQpVx.jpg

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

Quack, "Alkaline Jam"

DF1346AC994C72B516FB0A51EA496EEA22195F31

489C6FD5F96DEFB1E7586BDEE35A83853453A925

58EC1927D13CBA3D121D62935355110B48E12144

A9C2B83EB86B35FE16E5FB4EADACB6DDDB2AC403

D010E863F61935D1F859EF4CA0DF92A18B4EA3AC

406D19EF601268199A8B0C591FF87EFD2C7617C9

17C9DCF101E344B0235173BBA67D579F42F26C87

44C7EFF7600CE8CC31E2A4DDEA6313FB4C2C264B

692FB1D6FECD181BF0647DAFA0A0B6BEFEE68FBF

10D64F202CC921C1FB8E83AA6CA8C5094FF38062

Ninja Destroyer
Did ya find that thing enjoyable? Had it on Steam for ages and it -looks- appealing for sure but I've heard some pretty mixed opinions 'bout it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ninja Destroyer
Did ya find that thing enjoyable? Had it on Steam for ages and it -looks- appealing for sure but I've heard some pretty mixed opinions 'bout it.

I wasn't sure about it as well, when I started my playthrough. The story is great, the more you are playing. We have mixed FPS, walking simulator, psychological horror, plus some stealth sections. So this isn't a title that has an easily identifiable target audience. Of course not every element is polished, but I really liked how the developers took the long road and put everything in. You are not just pressing W to go forward and listen to some pretentious text here and there, with some logs lying around. You are still shaping the events around you.

The visual are adequate, nothing mind blowing, but the good art direction combined with good voice acting / music makes everything work in a good way. Some jankiness can be felt, but it's on minimal level. There is a lot of attention, when it comes to the story progress, and I was hooked, and really interested in the outcome, when it comes to the choices that we can make. Just don't expect to "awesome" moments around every corner. More of a sublime, onion layered journey. No single crash or bug, but with 3d engines we know everything is possible. Get Even isn't very long game, but finishing it felt very satisfying.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Happy New Year 2000
4RoM5Ep.jpg

A new millenium has started, I hope that nothing bad happens and everything will be allright
7e0HlqO.jpg

oh no

Widerscreen sort of works but heads are cut in dialogues.
Second half of the game was bland and felt rushed. I wouldn't be surprised if people weren't hyped for VtM Bloodlines before it was released.

KlyHxm6.png

fXtyV0f.jpg

gtEEpt5.jpg

virgin modern games mirrors vs. Redemption mirrors, so powerful they can reflect vampires
zdOS4yo.jpg

U5ByUBx.jpg

jVe1Uhp.jpg

great, some HP bloat with 1-hit kill attacks with way-too-long-animations
gkct2gk.jpg

Better love story than VtM Redemption, or something
JyJjl7V.jpg

Believe me, it won't be any more cool than that. Well, this and first meeting with Pink, maybe.
yoE87Aj.jpg

this is me looking at my bank account
CuT500F.jpg

yN9BAng.jpg

Romantic picture with me and my blade that I've studied for eternity
83cZw3i.jpg

ZQMpWRR.jpg

:hmmm:
53LhU0w.jpg

Pink what are you doin'
0CnA0so.jpg

Cv9dvN9.jpg

Even my clever tactics failed to make guns useful in this game
qYfE3cz.jpg

o4vHNz5.jpg

This is not Florida ffs
Xdbq95u.jpg

??
BDj4nF5.jpg

stop fooling around Pink

Got frenzy ending - clawed and chewed final boss and gained his powers.
Game felf p. linear up until that point. Didn't bother with good ending, the only good canon ending would be throwing all that crap and opening a cold one with eternal bro Wilhelm.
Women are nothing but troubles, everything bad in Redemption was caused by them.
It was Anezka's fault that Christof was cursed and become eternal French.
What a rotten way to live.

"What is the best Feat in Pathfinder?"

elfs.gif

I've been messing around in Across the Obelisk in bro-op. Sadly I can't recommend it before they release the 3rd Act - but the combat system is delightfully ripe for abuse.

A38FDB7C612A3C360197A2077C325EE3FC586FCC

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The Gholam for HoMM 3, a user-made map with excellent map design, but very annoying Heroes Chronicles style writing.

Still, it has its moments:
hlesPxV.jpg

81u6wKo.jpg

2cllVI0.jpg

BuNxk59.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Dead-Soul-Bug-Vania

Akshually, you mean A Bug's Life: Souls edition.

A team consisting basically of 2 guys has created easilty one of the best games ever made...

3 guys*
I see you suffered the White Palace and decided to do the smart thing. The Pantheon is an endless boss rush bullshit that's not worth doing so IMO, unless you decide to use "additional help" as you did in your screenshot.
So, now that you went through the White Palace, do you still think the Ori games have bad platforming? At the very least Ori has a much more fluid control and movement that lets you jump properly, compared to the HK's protagonist that barely crawls forward at a sluggish speed most of the time (heh), and cannot jump too well , which makes the Palace harder than it should be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom