Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saravan

Savant
hence the GPU overheat issue Owlcats are trying to fix atm.

just build a cooling station bro

or upgrade

or whatever that retard LannTheStupid said lmao
Think its SSR and HBAO causing that too, i am not hearing the fans spinning like mad if i turn it off.

Did you turn these off completely or change SSR & HBAO to medium instead of high? The loading times are really starting to amass now with the le epic kingdom homm3 crusader system.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I despise this creature

WIQmx3L.png
And she doesn't even remember your name.

Shadenuat

Arcane
huh. not a very good kit.
Geraldo fights with long sword, not 2 hander, in a dex built (longsword + slashing grace)
A longsword is a two-handed sword.
Like all two-handers (greatswords and 5 meter infantry pikes included) you can also use it with one hand, even if that's not optimal.

Edit: Guessing you were thinking of how Pathfinder considers longswords one-handed weapons? I was talking about the real thing. My bad!
the closest to "real" longsword in gaem is bastard sword.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
PS: Also, no Linux version? Go fuck yourselves with a horse.

It's probably for the best. The last big patch for their previous game introduced a significant bug in the Linux version that corrupts save games. I've watched all the smaller patch notes since, and, as far as I can tell, it's still in the game and probably will be forever. I understand not releasing a Linux version, but if you do, you should fucking support it. Still, they aren't CDPR bad.

It looks like the game is playable via Proton.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

or upgrade

I can run my pc on full blast for hours without overheating, but this game still causes weird temps regardless of framerate/what's being rendered etc. Performance in menus is also nonsensical. Seems to be an issue affecting nvidia gpus, so we'll see if they can fix it.
It doesn't overheat, but it gets tiresome to sit in a perpetual hurricane while browsing a 2d menu... And GPUs are too expensive to gamble on.

Mojobeard

Augur
So far have sticked with a halfling Beast Rider X/Knife Master 3(/might dip to something else). No, I didn't go with the dog archetype because I like my big cat, though it's probably much better. But, two kukris, sneak attacks and a smilodon, is all a growing boy needs. So far it's not as tanky as I'd like, but honestly I've been sleeping on buffs, and I have some plans for later.

It's uhhh... it's pretty good.
Not too many bugs, there's a manor that had one room I could only enter halfway becuase there was an invisible wall between me and a chest, one cutscene I had to press enter to skip, some minor visual stuff, slowdown if you keep the game open in the same location for a long time.
And the tutorial pop-ups can't be turned off? I've turned them on, saved, off, saved, nothing happened, I turned them off from the main menu, nothing.

I did three HoMM fights and then set that thing to auto, it's just not interesting enough. I know I'll miss some items and at least one path this way, but I can live with that.

Sheila is a much better tank than Valerie, but she's a chaotic good paladin which I can't tolerate (lawful good my ass). Her motto was something like "lead by example" while she's getting my soldiers drunk WHAT. At least she's mostly harmless.
The gay dude is not getting on my team, I already have a pretty healer man, and I enjoy his sass much better.
Don't have strong opinions on the rest of the cast, except I like how clearly evil the shaman elf is with her every line being "YOU CAN TRUST ME :)", and the witch elf is cute, and I hate the mystery meat archer man's opinions and might kick him out.

Concerning a gnome dressed in black,
I killed him because he's a hellknight, even though he seemed kind of based.
...The game then gave me the tutorial on how to revive dead companions.
:philosoraptor:

Playing a paladin focused on tanking. Should I just go with divine bond instead of horse? From what I can tell it’s worse than pretty much all the other pets.
Divine Bond most definitely.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
the closest to "real" longsword in gaem is bastard sword.
Good point.
They really made a mess of the weapon categories in DND/PF... Sometimes 2 words used to describe the same thing in real life are used for 2 different DND weapon classes (like longsword/bastard sword)... Weapon focus for each seperate striking polearm, even though they're all basically used the same way etc.

jackofshadows

Magister
This fucker don't care about walls at all. So tiresome.
gqOvfxI.png
I did that area without rests, I got to him with no spells, healing, etc Used the Special bolt and one shotted him, fuck that encounter:D
I just guzzled some potions, ate 1 fireball and finally lured him into the door frame & wacked. Then dealt with the rest. I don't know, seems like a proper masochistic encounter design that I WOULD enjoy actually if not for a) strictly limited resting here b) setting/writing/dnd appeal to me in general.

This is getting tiresome overall. Every other trash fight takes considerable amount of time, I'll never finish at this rate, especially since there's Encased AND Trudograd release very soon, not sure that I'll get back to this after those.

Perkel

Arcane
I would like to see talk between Owlcat and pathfinder license owners.

Pathfinder owners: "I like this idea but here you have some of ours !"
Owlcat: "lesban elf and orc ? , 2 nigger paladins ?, ashamed dwarf ? , science chick, red riding hood ?"
Pathfinder owners: "awesome no ?
Owlcat: "... Demons ?"

Reinhardt

Arcane
I just made Ember and Camellia healbots, Nenio throws blur and haste and i CHAAAAAAARGE! Lann pew-pew enemy wizzords, paladindu is useless. Completely useless. Will wait for new people to see what they offer and kick her.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does anyone know what is the deal with the augmented faggots in the balckwater place ??? They are kind off immortal,i beat the shit out of them and they just rise up again. Is that a bug or is there some trick to them? Also you could disable the lighting rods,it makes the fight easier.
8KVWSiB.png

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nenio is an abomination Owlcat concocted after the kitsune won the poll (something I'm still not over, I want my ratfolk druid, damn it
Imagine Nenio voiced as Nenio with the personality of Nenio - but a rat.

Hm... on the other hand, it would be a very good manga character.

On the other other hand, it would make a good Gadget Hackwrench as well.

So... ratfolk are not so bad if you think of them as manga / anime cuties and not Skaven from Warhammer. However, I am glad Kitsune won the poll. We have foxes in Russian folklore, but no rats.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How do you recruit units for your army?

I just reached the overworld map after the first chapter and I have two armies. I recruit a general for one of them by clicking on the "i" button on the bottom of the screen, but despite what the tutorial says, there is nothing there that allows me to recruit new units or reinforce from losses.

Also another question, where can you start building your city? I also see no city management screen.
I don't think you can recruit straight from beginning, you have to do some basic battles and then the tutorial will prompt you to recruit, then afterwards you'll be able to recruit once a week (the recruits will respawn once a week).

I could recruit before the first battle. You can also pay Irabeth 7500 for some extra troops, but dunno what those are.

Where can you recruit the troops?

Dont see any buttons for it

EDIT: nevermind, found it... dumbfuck that i am :D
Nigga put your melee troops on the front line lol. Your archers become useless if there is an enemy melee dude next to them,put them in the corner,the green rangers are immune to that tho,so they are best to be on the outer side.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does anyone know what is the deal with the augmented faggots in the balckwater place ??? They are kind off immortal,i beat the shit out of them and they just rise up again. Is that a bug or is there some trick to them? Also you could disable the lighting rods,it makes the fight easier.
8KVWSiB.png
This party-based Age of Decadence looks great.

Parabalus

Arcane
How does the infirmary work?

At C2 atm, and lost 12 footman who were healed in the infirmary, what does that cost me?

Jorus

Educated
8KVWSiB.png
Use Lightning damage to remove their regeneration. Luckily you brought Cam so enchant her weapon with it. I believe this place also drops like 2 rods of lightning as well.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Hey, guyz, fukk off with the spam. At this rate, I won't be able to comment on what you write.. and, you wouldn't want to miss out on that, right? RIGHT!?! ;)

Sunri

Liturgist
I would like to see talk between Owlcat and pathfinder license owners.

Pathfinder owners: "I like this idea but here you have some of ours !"
Owlcat: "lesban elf and orc ? , 2 nigger paladins ?, ashamed dwarf ? , science chick, red riding hood ?"
Pathfinder owners: "awesome no ?
Owlcat: "... Demons ?"
Most of them were already in and were not oryginal owlcat creation you retard :deathclaw:

Mortmal

Arcane

or upgrade

Think its SSR and HBAO causing that too, i am not hearing the fans spinning like mad if i turn it off.

Did you turn these off completely or change SSR & HBAO to medium instead of high? The loading times are really starting to amass now with the le epic kingdom homm3 crusader system.
Turn them of completely, as for the epic crusader system its really a pain int he ass and poorly thought . It's glitched in so many ways , banner of defense stays red ,i've read until an army spawn in 1.5 year in game later... Then i cant rank up my logistics . The units you recruits are shit and can be stack wiped easily , really nothing good about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom