Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

jackofshadows

Magister
So what happens if I ignore the invitation to defend the Defender's drinkin-saloon? Game over?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They’re thinking they’d make fun of fucking love science retards but y’all are too retarded to get the joke. She literally tells an evil druid she hugs trees to try to suck up to him.

She’s hilarious.
Well, that's like "joke's on you, the writers were only pretended to be retarded". Too bad I'm not advanced in my hipsterdom so I could "ironically listen to retardation".
I wonder if Desiderius likes Rick and Morty.
iu

Never heard of ‘em.

If you can’t grok satire either you’re autistic or sub-90 IQ, which, you know is fine. But you phaggots are neither one, you’re just ignorant and lazy.

If you think it’s immersion breaking yeah sort of especially the female part and of course the furry, but if you’re saying it’s pro-woke entryism (ironically the NPCs are the NPC meme so are a particularly ham-handed and overwritten example of that) you’re seeing what you want to see instead of what’s there.

Wanting to see that is loserdom defined. See what’s there. They’re good at deadpan satire. The Nenio character in dialogue with bosses satirizes then genre too which may hit too close to home.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Scroll Savant is also great fun to play since she crafts high DC scrolls and Illusion Magic is easy to manage (AoE enemies only).

Lamiosa

Educated
Huh. Game always freeze when loading after the final battle of chapter 2. I guess it's the end of the line for now.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
So what happens if I ignore the invitation to defend the Defender's drinkin-saloon? Game over?
Not sure but if you show up you can fail to defend and the game keeps going. I quickly restarted so didn't see the consequences of losing. Losing and not showing up probably lead to the same outcome. I should have continued on a bit just to see what happens. Maybe my lich playthrough will ignore them out of evilness

Saravan

Savant
I despise this creature

WIQmx3L.png
based owlcat added literal pepe faced companion that triggers everybody

I do use Nenio solely because it's the only companion besides Woljif who can copy spells from scrolls which is great when there are amazing scrolls offered by vendors.

But yes, the downside is suffering the autism. At least you can change the portrait to human.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
My immersion was already out the window when the halforc paladin woman was kissing her tranny husband.
Why would this break your immersion? Go in Twitch, it happens all the time. If anything, having people like that in the game and judging them should add to your immersion.

Mojobeard

Augur
Oh yeah. I enjoy how dialogue options aren't (Neutral Evil) or (Lawful Neutral), but (Evil), (Lawful).
It's a minor thing, but sometimes you want to say something generally good or generally lawful without any other associations. "Follow the fucking rules" shouldn't somehow be immediately LN.

Trash Player

Scholar
I just made Ember and Camellia healbots, Nenio throws blur and haste and i CHAAAAAAARGE! Lann pew-pew enemy wizzords, paladindu is useless. Completely useless. Will wait for new people to see what they offer and kick her.
How can a paladin be useless in this campaign? And use your hexes, gaijin.

FriendlyMerchant

Don't mind me goyim. Just looting gear from my fallen soldiers and fallen enemies alike so I can sell it back to the Quartermaster for Shekels at the Queen's expense.

0k1l8OA.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
If you can’t grok satire either you’re autistic or sub-90 IQ
Agree.

if you’re saying it’s pro-woke entryism (ironically the NPCs are the NPC meme so are a particularly ham-handed and overwritten example of that) you’re seeing what you want to see instead of what’s there.
Agree.

They’re good at deadpan satire.
Heavily disagree. And even if we pull the good ol' "tastes are subjective" line, it still would be objectively bad since it plays it straight in an otherwise serious narrative. It's one thing for a character to be humorous in-setting, another for it to be a subtle way to break the fourth wall resting on a technicality (namely that such a character isn't saying anything that would be meta despite its whole shtick being a continuous wink by the devs to the player).

Dycedarg

Learned
For people who are far into the game, how bad is the SJW shit? Since I haven't started playing, I'm seriously considering refunding it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
did you pick point-blank shot/precise shot for your gameplay style?

I believe that if you plan to use ranged touch attack and/or play as a arcane trickster, worth. Otherwise, doesn't worth.

lower recruits growth, but some of your slain enemies are raised as skeletons and zombies. Problem is you dont get near enough of them, and if the main army you fight with does not have undead they just appear on the map as very small new army stack

In beta, I with almost no problems had like 2.5k skeletons in one of my army. Sadly OwlCat decided to "balance" it...

On top of that, Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous are considered part of the worst tabletop modules.

No, are not. I loved both in CRPG format. I always wanted to play AD&D CM1 Test of the Warlords, Kingmaker is the CLOSEST thing to it. Also always wanted to play "Bloodstone Pass", H4 The Throne of Bloodstone is the highest level module ever and the premise is similar to late chapters of WoTR. Invade the Abyss to deal with a demon lord messing with the mortal realm. There are a lot of differences, but I'm glad that OwlCat picked this two modules.

kitsune won the poll

Are people here still butthurt that people prefer Foxes over dirty Rats?

OwlCat should make a KITSUNE SAMURAI companion Only to trigger anti kitsune people and attract the weeabo audience.

it is also full with gay propaganda?

Nothing is perfect. And the game still miles ahead PoE 2.

You can only get legend on ch 5. What you will play till then? Angel? Aeon? All has Spells/SLA

For people who are far into the game, how bad is the SJW shit? Since I haven't started playing, I'm seriously considering refunding it.

I recommend for you, playing as a evil lich and doing evil things to the alphabet soap characters or using the mod to change his appearances. Or hire mercs. Outside of companions, there aren't much SJW BS.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It is very bad. Refund the game, delete your accounts on Codex and Steam and, to be sure, wipe every hardware storage device that can have any reference to the game.

It's like COVID-19, you know. Unless you have your shots every 6 months for 10 years you never know.

jackofshadows

Magister
RxksLA0.png

Lmao (Tirabade = orc dyke pala). And after abandoning (/losing I presume) invitation aside from other stuff the smith lost all his stock so now he can only buy shit.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

Some, pretty easy to ignore frankly since you can destroy the live of most people and even kill them off depending who it is.
You can for example demoralize Irabeth pretty harshly and someone posted Galfrey as a Undead

The game is pretty enjoyable, even with the stereotypes in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom