Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I like how they gave the companions proper stats that a normal person would pick and the Owlcat fabois went "REEEEE OMG SO OP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

OTOH, party selection remains odd. They give you a zen archer but also a fighter specced for archery; that's not redundant or anything.
Well most companions are pretty shit when it comes down to skills,like hellknight with shitty str. Also everyone is dual wielding or being an archer,pretty shit.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I like how they gave the companions proper stats that a normal person would pick and the Owlcat fabois went "REEEEE OMG SO OP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

OTOH, party selection remains odd. They give you a zen archer but also a fighter specced for archery; that's not redundant or anything.
Well most companions are pretty shit when it comes down to skills,like hellknight with shitty str. Also everyone is dual wielding or being an archer,pretty shit.

Regill is built to not need Str, so he is fine.
It has become a meme to fetishize Dex builds and undervalue Str in Current Year, though (D&D 5e does this inherently, for example), which is gay and retarded.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL black water is pure BORG dungeon.

VjYwdmc.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

It has become a meme to fetishize Dex builds and undervalue Str in Current Year, though (D&D 5e does this inherently, for example), which is gay and retarded.
Yeah,i don't have a dude in me party that doesn't have 18 dex,sad. It is pretty weird when even my caster needs DEX to hit with its spells. I just changed his DEX and STR stats with the editor,got tired of all the muh dex shit lol. Now i go for pure str with dual wielding maces and fails.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
If I totally ignore companions and go with custom mercs will I miss out on any really good items or upgrades from companion quests?
Even in CH1 a couple locations are completely blocked off unless you have the companion. You will be missing out on a lot of content, XP, and loot. I personally decided against it once you know there are great items that you’re missing and as an adventurefag I can’t have that.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The crusader system is even worse than the kingdom management.

At least in Kingmaker I don't have to spend several hours to play this poor man's version of HoMM.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I'm done with this damn army management stuff. How much am I missing by turning it on auto?

You are only really forfeiting loot and craftable items (via card kindom management mechanic)
How great loot and craftable items? In Kingmaker, losing out on artisans wasn’t that big of a deal because you didn’t have to have magical items just to sell for gold only to spend it on build points. Does it work the same way here?

dacencora

My dude is a 20 STR Battle Singer who uses a dueling sword. Probably not very optimized but I keep slicing heads off, so it works out for me so far. (Still not very far, and I did go Fighter for level 2, I need to pump my AC if I want him to survive later on)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That fight right before the end of chapter one with the dude who summons a bunch of locust swarms is some difficulty spike bullshit. I beat it, playing on core rules, so I'm not looking for advice or saying it's impossible. Just as a pure game balance issue though, the fact it's twice as hard as anything else in that dungeon is pretty shit.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
That fight right before the end of chapter one with the dude who summons a bunch of locust swarms is some difficulty spike bullshit. I beat it, playing on core rules, so I'm not looking for advice or saying it's impossible. Just as a pure game balance issue though, the fact it's twice as hard as anything else in that dungeon is pretty shit.
What fight was this? I never ran into it?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

It was optional so you could have missed it. Or maybe you somehow killed him before he summoned them, but I did not have haste and tried like four times and couldn't do that. There's like 10 demons in the room in front of him and he's way in the back.

Jorus

Educated
Ok so I finally got the to meet the actual Kingmaker cameo in Wrath:
Its Jubilost and I have to be honest the cameo was kinda disappointing but he had a nice interaction with Nenio.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So, almost like "GaMe BaLaNcE" isn't the point of that fight, then.

I get your point but even for an optional fight it's insane for level 5. At least IMO. Though I beat it so... whatever I guess.

Edit: Anyway coming back here already was a mistake, still triggered by fascist hivemind that has developed. Just want to say this game is great and not really buggy and I am enjoying it a lot, but that was a tough fucking fight. :)

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

It was optional so you could have missed it. Or maybe you somehow killed him before he summoned them, but I did not have haste and tried like four times and couldn't do that. There's like 10 demons in the room in front of him and he's way in the back.
I had a wizard that cast the long haste spell and I fully buffed went through the entire dungeon in like 10 mins murdering everything in my sight, killed most casters before they could summon. Was playing on core.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
So, almost like "GaMe BaLaNcE" isn't the point of that fight, then.

I get your point but even for an optional fight it's insane for level 5. At least IMO. Though I beat it so... whatever I guess.

The Elemental in the Shield Maze prompts a tutorial message that "you don't have to try every fight, some side encounters will push your shit in" message, so it's not like the game fails to warn you about such encounters.

But good job for beating it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Fucked around with Grenadier+Trickster some more. Bomb AoE damage doesn't seem to be able to crit, only direct damage can. Ah well. Also, even if I have the Improved Improved Improved Critical, which increases the multiplier by 1, bombs still use the x2 multiplier. So it's bugged.

Right now Lich is superior to Trickster for Grenadier, because one of its feats applies Negative Energy damage bonus to bomb AoE damage. Trickster does have Microscopic Proportions, which for some reason stacks with Reduced Person, when applying extra DEX for a total of +8 DEX.

Now try the Bomb-throwing Rogue, since the game treats actual bombs as Weapons and he gets Sneaks on them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom