Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Eh, pretty good I guess!

Well this is the day when I will stop asking "trudograd when" which I did for the last 1,5 years :kingcomrade:
1.5 years indeed, can't believe time flew so fast! Though if it's a new catchphrase you're after, you can use "free dlc for trudograd when" since we're most probably gonna make one when the dust settles!

Deadass

Savant

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Eh, pretty good I guess!

Well this is the day when I will stop asking "trudograd when" which I did for the last 1,5 years :kingcomrade:
1.5 years indeed, can't believe time flew so fast! Though if it's a new catchphrase you're after, you can use "free dlc for trudograd when" since we're most probably gonna make one when the dust settles!

my free pre-order early access dlc when
Either on release day or before! There's a slight technical difficulty with it on GOG right now, but hopes that we solve it are very high.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Wtf this was supposed to come out in October!! Great news, both Encased and Trudograd, also Wotr in the same month.

Maybe Putin plays RPGs too and its either September or gulag

Got all three of them already, so it's all good for me.

Gamedec will be the odd man out for me, sadly enough. Will likely need to wait for your next year, along with Colony Ship and BG3 (ETA still unknown).

mkultra

Augur
Is it still a 15 year old person writing the quests/characters, or did they fire him?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Is it still a 15 year old person writing the quests/characters, or did they fire him?
Still me and my buddy doing all the writing, though (at least for me, since I can only make such statements about myself) this doesn't mean the writing hasn't changed for what most will perceive as better. I'm willing to bet that the reviewers who didn't like Atom's writing will say that Trudograd improved in this regard, at least marginally. Shit, they even say that now, before the brilliant Scott Ham of AoD fame finished editing the texts. Some even congratulate us on firing the shitty writer from the first part :D Little do they know you can't fire a founder! Still, it's all a ruse, I didn't evolve or anything, I just changed my attitude for Trudograd. Whereas I wrote my share of Atom's dialogues in a way I wanted to see them in my ideal game I would personally love to play, I wrote Trudograd with some more mass appeal in mind, I guess. Not as much fun for me, since nobody quotes all star in a random dialogue anymore, but shouldn't scare off certain people like before. Doesn't mean Trudograd is completely devoid of my guilty pleasures, jackofshadows or someone with a similar user name made a whole little gallery of "cringe" moments on Steam, but most assuredly the texts are now much less based around my personal tastes or as you put it seem less like they were "made by a 15 y\o".

Plus, Scott has much more time to work on the English, so it will be much cleaner than Atom on release. He's such a great dude. Everyone should hire him to fix their game.

mkultra

Augur
Still me and my buddy doing all the writing, though (at least for me, since I can only make such statements about myself) this doesn't mean the writing hasn't changed for what most will perceive as better. I'm willing to bet that the reviewers who didn't like Atom's writing will say that Trudograd improved in this regard, at least marginally. Shit, they even say that now, before the brilliant Scott Ham of AoD fame finished editing the texts. Some even congratulate us on firing the shitty writer from the first part :D Little do they know you can't fire a founder! Still, it's all a ruse, I didn't evolve or anything, I just changed my attitude for Trudograd. Whereas I wrote my share of Atom's dialogues in a way I wanted to see them in my ideal game I would personally love to play, I wrote Trudograd with some more mass appeal in mind, I guess. Not as much fun for me, since nobody quotes all star in a random dialogue anymore, but shouldn't scare off certain people like before. Doesn't mean Trudograd is completely devoid of my guilty pleasures, jackofshadows or someone with a similar user name made a whole little gallery of "cringe" moments on Steam, but most assuredly the texts are now much less based around my personal tastes or as you put it seem less like they were "made by a 15 y\o".

Plus, Scott has much more time to work on the English, so it will be much cleaner than Atom on release. He's such a great dude. Everyone should hire him to fix their game.

Ok, yeah i really liked the mechanics and whatnot, really well made for the most part, just wasn't a fan of the writing. Thanks for taking the time to reply, i'll check it out.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Ok, yeah i really liked the mechanics and whatnot, really well made for the most part, just wasn't a fan of the writing. Thanks for taking the time to reply, i'll check it out.
Thanks! Hopefully it's gonna work out!

jackofshadows

Magister
Well, pretty sure no amount of editing will prevent me from screaming when I get to Sherba and alike. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the full version, perhaps clean slate char, balance changes, new stuff like bombagan and the bunkers will alter my impressions as a whole.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I loved your style of writing! Don't let them change you:decline:

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Been dragging my ass getting through Solasta: Cuck of the Magister, forgot I already have Trudograd on the back burner. Can't wait to head back to the Wasteland after dealing with the hideous portraits and writing of Solasta.

Alphons

Cipher
ATOM is full of references and memes that made me roll my eyes, on the other hand it also has some really impactful moments that I can easily recall despite playing it 2 years ago (your test at the factory, Kovalev's car, retired cop's letter at one of metro entrances in Dead City etc).

Ninjerk

Arcane
Yeah, references and memes are mass appeal--it's just a smaller mass.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Well, pretty sure no amount of editing will prevent me from screaming when I get to Sherba and alike. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the full version, perhaps clean slate char, balance changes, new stuff like bombagan and the bunkers will alter my impressions as a whole.
Don't you know it's homophobic and fatfobic to not like Scherba??? He's in the minority though, I'm sure you'll find the Good side of things!

I loved your style of writing! Don't let them change you:decline:
The writing in its core hasn't changed, only shifted to a stricter tone, with the number of really extravagant things culled, so it's not really a move that'll hurt the ones who liked us before. Thanks!
ATOM is full of references and memes that made me roll my eyes, on the other hand it also has some really impactful moments that I can easily recall despite playing it 2 years ago (your test at the factory, Kovalev's car, retired cop's letter at one of metro entrances in Dead City etc).
The memorable, serious stuff from before is the same, or even more intense at times, so I think you'll find something to remember!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Btw are melee useful now or i should just stick to rifle like usual
I don't know why melee got this rep in the first game, it's one of the most overpowered builds there! In Trudograd, however, it's even more cranked up. There are melee AOE attacks now, and melee ranged attacks, like in Battle Brothers, 2 squares range instead of one because your shaft is long.

Deadass

Savant
I don't know why melee got this rep in the first game, it's one of the most overpowered builds there! In Trudograd, however, it's even more cranked up. There are melee AOE attacks now, and melee ranged attacks, like in Battle Brothers, 2 squares range instead of one because your shaft is long.

Bruh did u buff unarmed?

jackofshadows

Magister
Don't you know it's homophobic and fatfobic to not like Scherba??? He's in the minority though, I'm sure you'll find the Good side of things!
I'll probably leave it up to the notherners, Let them decide what to do with his sorry ass.
Solo run speaking, rifles > all. Simple as. I can say that with confidence even without having to test melee at all. With companions it's all depends on final balance changes. It was all viable as far as I know, so yes. The game should be quite easy either way.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Wtf this was supposed to come out in October!! Great news, both Encased and Trudograd, also Wotr in the same month.

Maybe Putin plays RPGs too and its either September or gulag
Is it a good news? Most people are playing pozfinder and will ignore the better rpgs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom