Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saravan

Savant
"Everyone who doesn't agree with me that this game is an absolute masterpiece where every obvious example of bad writing is not instead revered is a shitposter". Are you perhaps related to Desiderius in any way?
It's like talking with a reddit bot, I swear.

Funny because you behave very much like a reddit fanboy fanatically defending Blizzard at every turn.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I don't want a book, I just want a game that doesn't insert modern social issues into it everywhere
IMG-20210906-083246.jpg
A quest to get estrogen for a tranny. In a fantasy RPG.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Funny because you behave very much like a reddit fanboy fanatically defending Blizzard at every turn.
- admit writing bad!
- i admit 3 times there is ton of bad writing in this game. but game is still fucking great.
- imposobru

Yes, I know, for codexer it may sound imposobru. But RPGs like that exist.

volklore

Arcane
People circlejerking about the writing here are the exact counterpart as the pro-inclusivity reddit circlejerk. I would have thought the codex would talk about the resource management and the rest restriction early and the nice challenging combat on core+, but i guess we can't have nice things.
I thought, as RPG players, we should be used to either games with good writing and shit gameplay or the other way around, it is the curse after all.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
That fight right before the end of chapter one with the dude who summons a bunch of locust swarms is some difficulty spike bullshit. I beat it, playing on core rules, so I'm not looking for advice or saying it's impossible. Just as a pure game balance issue though, the fact it's twice as hard as anything else in that dungeon is pretty shit.

I think you are wrong. This is a fight with a powerful caster so you rush that caster. If you do, it isn't a difficult fight. I reloaded once because I didn't see the caster the first time but if you focus on him it is easy.

I'm not into pathfinder and I didn't play the beta but I had no issues with this fight at all. Not a single encounter in the gray garrison was difficult. This is not to say that there aren't fights I struggled with in the game, but this wasn't it. I had some issues with the gargoyle onslaught and the a few fights in lepers hold for instance and I thought the tavern attack was fun even though I beat it at the second try once I realized that the alchemists were the ones lowering the timer.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
People circlejerking about the writing here are the exact counterpart as the pro-inclusivity reddit circlejerk. I would have thought the codex would talk about the resource management and the rest restriction early and the nice challenging combat on core+, but i guess we can't have nice things.
Uh huh. The guy asked us to justify our opinions on the writing, so you can piss off with your horseshoe theory bullshit.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The Codex, sadly, is in infinite going down the toilet motion. Most of good discussions about RPG mechanics happened years ago when I joined (even before that tbh). Nowadays the most popular topic about even old games is "Was Keldorn from BG2 a cuck?".

You now read more about the gameplay from people who are supposed to be "dumbfucks" lmao.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Lol, what rest restriction, it doesn't really come into play. As for the combat, if you like your pre-buffing and exploiting grease and call that good combat, go for it

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
The best fanboy defense of the game's writing I've seen yet. :lol:
space bar go brrrr. I barely read in video games. But what I've read in the game has been fine.
Damn, when being in *a* library is the standard for showing off your reading skill, I know why the world looks like it does.
The guy said he has read more books than I have seen in my life. What did you expect as an answer? It's a stupid response for a stupid comment.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Lol, what rest restriction, it doesn't really come into play. As for the combat, if you like your pre-buffing and exploiting grease and call that good combat, go for it
Yep. Every time combat comes up, there's 5 people spamming "use grease!". I honestly can't remember any other combat tips.

Wow. Such interesting discussion. Why ever aren't we spending more time on it?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Exploiting clouds, webs and pits are way better than exploiting grease...

The real strategy is to have a bunch of crossbows shooting while Camilla super tanks. She doesn't need level dips or weird builds at all. She's just a natural

Shadenuat

Arcane
Exploiting clouds
Stinking Cloud is not nearly as imba as it was in PKM. A good portion of demons are simply immune to Poison.

why Wrath
because judging by many popular RPGs (say Dragon Age) people love epic saving the world fighting mega enemies shit.

guy asked us to justify our opinions on the writing
and you can't even do that right.
You can't even HATE right. What codexers are you, kids?
Pathetic.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
The guy said he has read more books than I have seen in my life. What did you expect as an answer? It's a stupid response for a stupid comment.
He wasn't being literal. He was implying that you don't read much.
space bar go brrrr. I barely read in video games.
He was right.
I read plenty of books. I just don't expect a ton of good stuff from video games. I have my priorities. I maximize each experience. If I want story I go for the medium that can give me the best story. If I want gameplay I go for the medium that can give me the best gameplay. Makes perfect sense to me. Video games have crap stories and even the ones that are praised for their stories only have good stories for a video game. It becomes pretty obvious when the only video game stories people can bring up are Disco elysium (lol) or PST(A single example) or FF7 if they're weebs....

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The real strategy is to have a bunch of crossbows shooting while Camilla super tanks. She doesn't need level dips or weird builds at all. She's just a natural

Weird Camellia is my weakest link in my lineup so far, Wenduag on the other hand is my super tank

Reina

Arcane
After playing for a few hours a day since release, I have mixed feelings:

+ Main theme is kickass, massive improvement over Kingmaker (music overall)
+ I like mythic paths a lot, and they don't seem to break the game by chapter 3, which I was very worried about
- The crusade game is a slog (LET ME SPEED THOSE DAMN ANIMATIONS), and it feels very weirdly balanced, with lopsided battles and awful battle interface
- Bugs. Test your damn game properly, Owlcat.
- I didn't play monk in KM, so the issue might be there, but the fact that Lann with his 50 move speed runs way ahead of my whole party like Ferrari is infuriating me a lot. Especially since interface offers an option to adjust movespeed for entire party BUT ONLY FOR ATTACK BUTTON?! WHY?!
- All interesting companions are evil... will make for interesting CE playthrough, but since I'm playing goody-do-gooder in my first one, it feels like I'm stuck with sloppy seconds.

Overall, I feel I had much better time with first chapters of Kingmaker than this one. I'll see if this changes later on, but the crusade managament is giving me nightmares already. Ugh... and I even liked playing a queen in P:K...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom