Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saravan

Savant
Btw funny how our resident horny lich in bg3 thread is "gaem starts with lvl 1 character captured by mind flayers! IMPOSSIBRU!" In Wrath lvl 1 character pew-pew from xir crossbow literal demon lord i.e. godlike being and survives "nah, it's ok. happens all the time"

but of course resident fanboy here sees it as yet another opportunity to defend the flawless game of the ages that is Wrathfinder.

Where I said that this game flaws are good? I never praised the beginning, never praised companions. In fact, I mentioned multiple times bugs that I had while playing the game.

I was referring to Fanboynaut, not you.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Mutation warrior gets tons of AC through mutagens too with the discoveries (mutagen upgrades + feral wings). Loosing armor training is mostly a problem for movespeed. This archetype kinda begs for being unarmored (with a monk dip down the line) imo because it might be a bit too slow ass in havy armor.
maybe lightly armored.
idk, I feel others are still more interesting, be it old aldori or even 2 handed. I kinda wonder if simple 2 hander with mythical abilities would end up being a better thing than what people try to do with mutiwarrior.
multiplying is better than adding and all that.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
I din't criticized having to escape in the beginning dungeon of BG3. Nor said that being captured by mindflayers is "impossible". I criticized mindflayer spelljammer ship fighting a dragon army. Dragons should't appear in low level D&D. Period. Unless we are talking about baby dragons.

Next time you will be defending lv 5 liches in sword coast legends.

Also, I never said that I liked the beginning of this game. But yes, people in times of despair do stupid shit. including using a crossbow vs a demon lord. Note that you are not entering in the underdark on lv 4 like you do in bg3.
so spelljammer fighting dragons is no-no, but demonlord 1-shoting dragons and splitting city is a pass?
Nigger, you are not entering Underdark on lvl 4, you enter demon infested underdark on lvl 1!

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
Mutation warrior gets tons of AC through mutagens too with the discoveries (mutagen upgrades + feral wings). Loosing armor training is mostly a problem for movespeed. This archetype kinda begs for being unarmored (with a monk dip down the line) imo because it might be a bit too slow ass in havy armor.
maybe lightly armored.
idk, I feel others are still more interesting, be it old aldori or even 2 handed. I kinda wonder if simple 2 hander with mythical abilities would end up being a better thing than what people try to do with mutiwarrior.
Yeah idk about late game. But mutagen is really strong early game and keeps scaling decently well. +4 str +2 AC at level 3 that stacks with everything is no joke.

just

Liturgist
Is it just me, or doe the graphics look abit blurry at max settings? I turned off Bloom and SSR, and that helped.

Also, im getting low fps... what settings are you at? And does your game look abit blurry/washed out? And how did you fix it?
turn off ssr and hbao

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I don't want a book, I just want a game that doesn't insert modern social issues into it everywhere
IMG-20210906-083246.jpg
A quest to get estrogen for a tranny. In a fantasy RPG.
The problem is with the extend. It's cool that the minorities in human behavior have now space and time to come out shamelessly. What is totally not cool is how everybody is sticking it under other people noses nowadays like it's something to be loud about all the time. That's unsavory and stinking. Few out of hundreds are like that, woke shit media stick it out like it's out there everywhere now... "Get used to the new meta of sexuality, you prudish, psychically stuck, boring straights" kinda style.

I don't mind that there are women everywhere and men are scarce, half of them being like Staunton or Lann :D in this game. But tbh I find the adherence to this woke over-the-board shit a bad taste too.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have about 0 clue how anyone who played PKM could say that here combat "isn't great" in comparison. The goddamn market square in Wrath has more variety in enemy encounters than whole PKM with copypasted overpowered wolves and undead cyclops. Try reaching main quest locations like Drezen siege.

I just don't feel it. I find it mostly a slog. You walk 5 meters and here is another 10 demons to fight, with 4 being real bastards that will down your tank with 2 crits. Also they will be immune or have resistance to everything so better spam those grease puddles wizard! I have nothing against a challenge, it isn't that, but having every fight feeling like a slog is not the right approach I think. And beyond that, like I said, TB mode seem broken compared to Kingmaker. Janky animations, stuttering, random animation speed up/down, hard to see when you will take an opportunity attack, unit collision working randomly - sometimes dudes just run through your whole party like he is a ghost etc etc.

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't want a book, I just want a game that doesn't insert modern social issues into it everywhere
IMG-20210906-083246.jpg
A quest to get estrogen for a tranny. In a fantasy RPG.
The problem is with the extend. It's cool that the minorities in human behavior have now space and time to come out shamelessly. What is totally not cool is how everybody is sticking it under other people noses nowadays like it's something to be loud about all the time. That's unsavory and stinking. Few out of hundreds are like that, woke shit media stick it out like it's out there everywhere now... "Get used to the new meta of sexuality, you prudish, psychically stuck, boring straights" kinda style.

I don't mind that there are women everywhere and men are scarce, half of them being like Staunton or Lann :D in this game. But tbh I find this woke over-the-board shit a bad taste too.
almost like there was a reason they were bullied into the closet in the first place

Codex Year of the Donut
I din't criticized having to escape in the beginning dungeon of BG3. Nor said that being captured by mindflayers is "impossible". I criticized mindflayer spelljammer ship fighting a dragon army. Dragons should't appear in low level D&D. Period. Unless we are talking about baby dragons.

Next time you will be defending lv 5 liches in sword coast legends.

Also, I never said that I liked the beginning of this game. But yes, people in times of despair do stupid shit. including using a crossbow vs a demon lord. Note that you are not entering in the underdark on lv 4 like you do in bg3.
so spelljammer fighting dragons is no-no, but demonlord 1-shoting dragons and splitting city is a pass?
Nigger, you are not entering Underdark on lvl 4, you enter demon infested underdark on lvl 1!
"it's different when owlcat does it"

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Underdark on lvl 4, you enter demon infested underdark on lvl 1!

Look. Everyone here agrees that the prologue is trash. There is anyone disagreeing with it???

I said that the best parts of the game IMO are chapter 2, chapter 3 and teh beginning of chapter 4.

"it's different when owlcat does it"

No, both are wrong. But again, there are anyone saying that "omg, this is the best prologue of my life, the first attack which I did in the game was vs a demon lord"

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah idk about late game. But mutagen is really strong early game and keeps scaling decently well. +4 str +2 AC at level 3 that stacks with everything is no joke.
Yeah but what is it near things like multiplying you STR (I don't even know how endgame stats would look, but there is some serious bullshito levels you can reach in stats in some mythics), or power attack, or, of course, better crit multiplicators. or pet riding.
Near classes that have such things, Mutie just looks like and alchemist dip. (without spells)

volklore

Arcane
It's way better than alch dip. Alch dip you get the basic mutagen, when muta warrior scales it just like a vivisectionist would albeit slower but while getting all the fighter dmg training and feats + full bab. I agree that it's in a weird place compared to straight up vivisectionist (depending on how many enemies are immune to sneak attacks in this game).

lampstaple

Novice
Anybody gotten far with Lich? I've read rumors the late game transformation is bugged but nothing concrete. I fixed the Crusade system being fucked for liches by just manually editing my save files but I'd like to know if I can actually, y'know, keep playing my path without bugging out.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah but what is it near things like multiplying you STR (I don't even know how endgame stats would look, but there is some serious bullshito levels you can reach in stats in some mythics), or power attack, or, of course, better crit multiplicators. or pet riding.
Near classes that have such things, Mutie just looks like and alchemist dip. (without spells)

An interesting discussion.
I was considering a two-hander mutie with trip for my future evil playthrough.
Could not find many disadvantages to him, except moving speed, but I can deal with that.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Sheepherder

Augur
Fucked around with Grenadier+Trickster some more. Bomb AoE damage doesn't seem to be able to crit, only direct damage can. Ah well. Also, even if I have the Improved Improved Improved Critical, which increases the multiplier by 1, bombs still use the x2 multiplier. So it's bugged.

Right now Lich is superior to Trickster for Grenadier, because one of its feats applies Negative Energy damage bonus to bomb AoE damage. Trickster does have Microscopic Proportions, which for some reason stacks with Reduced Person, when applying extra DEX for a total of +8 DEX.

Now try the Bomb-throwing Rogue, since the game treats actual bombs as Weapons and he gets Sneaks on them.
Trickster gets Sneak Attack dices too, but I never saw bombs proc SA. Threw them on flatfooted enemies and out of invisibility. Haven't tried on flanked enemies yet.
SA did work with bombs in Kingmaker, on release at least, but maybe they changed it for Wrath.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Today on Bugs of the Righteous: My arcanist has somehow acquired the ability to cast any spell as a swift action, letting him machine gun two casts per turn, every turn. Bonus points that the swift cast seems to not trigger AoO. At least this time the bug is in my favor...

Saravan

Savant
tNn9BlB.png

LOL. I thought this was intentional and thought wow this item is super good. Guess it's a bug. Playing with Nenio and have unlimited swift spells. :lol:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Today on Bugs of the Righteous: My arcanist has somehow acquired the ability to cast any spell as a swift action, letting him machine gun two casts per turn, every turn. Bonus points that the swift cast seems to not trigger AoO. At least this time the bug is in my favor...

That’s Darven’s Hat I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom