Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

volklore

Arcane
First impressions review from the Worth A Buy guy, who's usually got a fairly representative (of what normal people think :) ) take. He loves it. Little things like hating the voice acting don't stop him from liking the game either. (Hilariously, he killed Nenio on sight because he hated his voice - and Nenio's line on being killed is quite funny :) )

This video is trash because there's hate towards Nenio. I don't even think she's amazing as character but boy that Blinding Ray and Pit spells on her are so good that i can't live without in harder fights. No hate towards her.

Only problem with nenio is I wanted to play a scroll savant illusionist for a while in kingmaker (never got around to it and planned to do it in wrath) and owlcat made it as a companion and a pretty well stated one at that reee.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Did anyone get the Wenduag personal quest in Chapter 3? I accepted her request and didn't get anything in my quest log and nothing new on the map as well.

People say it's bugged and you need to refuse her request to get the quest.
got it and finished it you get no new location on the wolrd map , but int he starting city.

I go back to the starting city but can't get in there. And there is no new quest in the quest log. So did you get the quest in the quest log?

Is it limited to Chapter 3? or you can finish it at Chapter 4? Or you can only do it after the Ivory Sanctum?

Sunri

Liturgist
wtf is this bullshit he 2 shoots me on story mode
e1BZT1o
96ntfen.png

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Did they fire the guy/gal who did the writing in Kingmaker? This game seems to have much worse writing overall, particularly visible with the Storyteller.

And I might be crazy, but I haven't seen a single monster to receive descriptions. Was I supposed to dig out my old Monster Manual to figure out wtf is a schir?:hmmm:

Robber Baron

Savant
Auto kingdom broke a lot of stuff in KM as well, even a few patches in.

Someone released a mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/40) on nexus that lets you just auto-win crusade battles, so probably better to just use that if you hate the crusade mechanics.

How are people having trouble with Crusade? It’s way easier than beta. Still buggy here and there which is annoying (OC QA are storyphags) but nothing gamebreaking if you make sure your number is higher than things you’re attacking. As long as you keep banners green, don’t lose troops and don’t overspend on mercs you can use skip day if necessary to build up your forces.

I haven’t had to yet since I’ve figured out to take multiple trips to optional areas to configure spells and reload.

The system is dogshit, it's boring as fuck, with 0 depth and blocks your story progression. Bunch of quest location being put behind demon fortress and you need a big ass army to clear the path. But you get so little soliders every week you need wait a long ass time to build your army, and good luck "dont' lose troops" when the flying units just straight up flying to your archers and destroy them.

I bought this game to play pathfinder, not a shitt version that plays worse than even HoMM 1.

And you can't even turn it auto because it breaks bunch of shit.

Can't you cheat engine more troops in?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Someone released a mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/40) on nexus that lets you just auto-win crusade battles, so probably better to just use that if you hate the crusade mechanics.

How are people having trouble with Crusade? It’s way easier than beta. Still buggy here and there which is annoying (OC QA are storyphags) but nothing gamebreaking if you make sure your number is higher than things you’re attacking. As long as you keep banners green, don’t lose troops and don’t overspend on mercs you can use skip day if necessary to build up your forces.

I haven’t had to yet since I’ve figured out to take multiple trips to optional areas to configure spells and reload.

The system is dogshit, it's boring as fuck, with 0 depth and blocks your story progression. Bunch of quest location being put behind demon fortress and you need a big ass army to clear the path. But you get so little soliders every week you need wait a long ass time to build your army, and good luck "dont' lose troops" when the flying units just straight up flying to your archers and destroy them.

I bought this game to play pathfinder, not a shitt version that plays worse than even HoMM 1.

Probably. There is also the Box of Toys (bag of trick wrath version), which probably has crusade stuff at a guess.

Stoned Ape

Savant
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/2984186184816881110

Update 1.0.1c - Patchnotes
Update 1.0.1c

Currently available for Windows version. An update for Mac is coming soon.

Quests
• Spoiler: fixed the logics in the first dialogue with the Herald of Iomedae while following the Angel Mythic Path
• Spoiler: a battle in Greybor’s quest in chapter 5 didn’t start - fixed
• Dry Crossroads - couldn’t exit the area - fixed
• Couldn’t speak about the shield during Sosiel’s quest if you refused to recruit Regill - fixed
• Battered Spirit could be interrupted by a dialogue between Sosiel and Regill - fixed

Areas
• Weather effects slowed down, when they shouldn’t have - fixed
• Fixed the lighting in Pulura’s Fall and Heart of Mystery.
• The Next-Door Theater’s location in Drezen has been fixed
• Sosiel could be seen painting without an easel - fixed. Now he has his easel again
• Shrine of the Three couldn’t be completed - fixed

Crusade
• Some of the Generals’ starting abilities didn’t work - fixed
• Mass Hold Person didn’t work in tactical combat - fixed
• Song of Seasons didn’t work correctly - fixed
• Fixed building models in garrisons
• Mouse cursor in tactical battles was changing incorrectly - fixed
• Penetrating Strike didn’t work - fixed
• Fixed a formula in the rituals for the Generals
• AoE targeting in the tactical battles has been fixed
• Fixed a loop when a tactical battle started
• Pillaged resources weren’t displayed after battle - fixed

Classes & Mechanics
• Detect Magic ability was available, though didn’t do anything. Now it’s no longer available
• Arcane Trickster prestige-class was impossible to pick even with all prerequisites met - fixed
• Persistent metamagic could not be applied to any spells - fixed
• Swarms dealt damage each time they touched a unit instead of once per round - fixed
• Some of Mythic Angel’s summons had zero charges - fixed
• Arcanist’s Arcane Reservoir could sometimes stop replenishing after rest - fixed

Turn-based mode
• After moving while mounted and attacking, it was possible to continue to move - fixed
Items
• Armor is not displayed when equipped on pets - fixed
• Metamagic effects didn’t apply to scrolls crafted on rest - fixed
• Kinetic diadems applied incorrect bonus values - fixed
• Draven’s Hat gave unlimited quicken metamagic - fixed
• Triceratops spawned from a statuette didn’t have a proper sound bank - fixed

User Interfaces
• Opening the encyclopedia from the tutorial didn’t show the correct page - fixed
• In the character sheet, additional attacks of the animal companion were not displayed - fixed
• Fixed broken links in the credits
• Fixed broken links in the character’s history
• Fixed texts in the rest UI
• On Windows 7, video was not displayed in the tutorials and during the launch of the game - fixed
• After exiting the city building mode while a building is selected, Esc key would stop working - fixed
• The DC of cooking during the rest was displayed incorrectly - fixed

Misс
• Bows’ visuals have been improved.
• Occasionally you couldn’ pause by pressing the spacebar - fixed
• The tank is always selected from the party to loot containers, even if he/she is farther away from it than others. Now the character, who can get to it faster, will pick the loot
• Monitor lizard animal companion was moving backwards - fixed
• A crash to the main menu could occur when loading a location, due to a unit missing the visual part - fixed
• Fixed an issue when a scimitar was sheathed incorrectly

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortmal

Arcane
Also fellow codexers without spoiling me, is it possible to inflict an horrible horrible death to irabeth and anevia in next chapters ?

Vatnik Wumao
Or are we at the "meh, the writing is cringe and the only good character is a literal fucking manlet edgelord (Regill) because he's based like the Caesar's legion in Fallout New Vegas" stage?
I just don't like soy entertainment. Fantasy should be either grimdark (i.e. dark fantasy, bonus points if low fantasy as well) and/or hypermasculine sword & sorcery type stuff.

That said, Wrathfinder is *meh* narrativewise thus far. Not that great, but not that awful either. Obvious pandering to Westoid liberast sensibilities is obvious tho.

Mortmal

Arcane
Did anyone get the Wenduag personal quest in Chapter 3? I accepted her request and didn't get anything in my quest log and nothing new on the map as well.

got it and finished it you get no new location on the wolrd map , but int he starting city.

I go back to the starting city but can't get in there. And there is no new quest in the quest log. So did you get the quest in the quest log?

Is it limited to Chapter 3? or you can finish it at Chapter 4? Or you can only do it after the Ivory Sanctum?
it should appear in the journal yes, so another bug.

jf8350143

Liturgist

it should appear in the journal yes, so another bug.

fucking hell.
I know play at launch was a huge mistake.

Parabalus

Arcane
Without having to read the whole thread, is this game generally codex approved? I never played the first one but I know you guys liked it.
It's fun, particularly if you are more combat-oriented and into buildcrafting.

Game is fun even with straight 20 classes, prob even with auto-leveling on. Lots of options with all the items and boons to affect the combat, no need for mathfinder.

jf8350143

Liturgist

You probably can, but that doesn't change the fact the system is dogshit.

Vatnik Wumao
Without having to read the whole thread, is this game generally codex approved? I never played the first one but I know you guys liked it.
It's fun, particularly if you are more combat-oriented and into buildcrafting.

Game is fun even with straight 20 classes, prob even with auto-leveling on. Lots of options with all the items and boons to affect the combat, no need for mathfinder.
Regardless of difficulty, I always turn auto-leveling off since I can't know if the various companion builds suit my playstyle or not regardless of how well optimized they might be.

Lamiosa

Educated
Secret ending guide, apparently you
become a demigod/god
copied from a guy from discord.
To convince Areelu you need: 1. Use crossbow at the prologue. 2. Save Yaniel and later pick either evil or neutral option to her question. 3. In chapter 4, with plot revealed, you need to first ask Areelu about her intentions, only then accept power. 4. Save Suture from slavery and later ask Areelu about him, when you meet her at chapter 4. After that pass a perception skill check. 5. In Areelu's lab you can find a broken artefact you need to fix with Storyteller. Do this before you meet with her at IZ, chapter 5. 6. At IZ, go first into the ruins, to retrieve a crystal "Key" and a glass key items. Then after you defeat Deskari, go back to Areelu's lab, open a portal to it's secret part and investigate. To make her an offer on "godhood": 1. You need to accept all the powers she offers you, find second part of lexicon and use it with the first part. You will get a difficult knowledge skill checks to pass. 2. Don't play with auto-crusade mode, you require command table to complete certain projects: Sword of Valor, Nahyndrian Crystal, Areelu's notes, Pulura's Map. (You get those items through out a story) 3. To get fresh nahyndrian crystal, use midnight bolt when fighting either of Demon Lords. 4. You need then to convince Areelu to summon one of them to battle you and that can play very differently depending on your mythic. Some slay Deskari with final death before the secret ending unlock.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Observation: Holy Bomb not as good as Force Bomb. You'd think Holy Bomb would be great against demons and such but force damage is even nastier AND the knockdown/stagger on failed reflex save can fuck with them a lot more.

volklore

Arcane
Are mythic path any-way tied to alignment mechanics wise? Can you become an angel and then be completely evil or be an azata and still be lawfull ?

jf8350143

Liturgist
OK can somebody tell me whether you can force a quest to start with cheat engine or not?

Not very familiar with this kind stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom