Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I wonder how that drama will affect future *cough* sales
Kingmaker has "long tail sales" based on the word of mouth. Wrath will probably follow much more traditional model with burst sales at the release and fast decline afterwards. I have no idea which scheme is more profitable.

I wishlisted the Season Pass, but will buy it on sale. Or with some ultimate GOTY version of the game.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
which would be most fun, if there would be a sense of dread and urgency about all this with your companions, but everyoneis too busy telling you on first meet-up what their sexual preferences are.

Really? Huh i must have missed when Daeran said that he's likes man and getting fucked in his a-hole while giving a blow for two man at same time.
Or when Wenduag said ''Trans right'' or when Seelah said that she's super into women.. I'm going to replay act 1 and report back here with a few screen shots on that. :M

For real, when i get my Mythic path, all the stuff with Aeon , Trickester and Demon path dialogue choices was pretty sick.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Owlcat is expertly playing both sides of the war.

They include token wokeism, which is in truth, a false flag op, as the woke façade is peeled back after a few chapters, revealing the rotten core. The mob never sees this.

That true or the cope to end all copes? Right now I am under the impression of this game being either a satire of current year western rpgs or a game with ambitions of catering more to the western market and henceforth the over emphasize and frontload of woke talking points and NPCs.

The Jester

Cipher
it appears bioware's only sin was not moving their headquarters to eastern europe, then they'd be rpgcodex's golden child
i said eat

KIjouqL.jpg
te-50-6-22-pm-lgbtqrstuv-community-gay-shit-me-but-40676200.png

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
a game with ambitions of catering more to the western market and henceforth the over emphasize and frontload of woke talking points and NPCs.
This would be my bet. However, I am waiting for a couple of months, and thus writing nonsense here instead of playing, so prepare your grains of salt or what have you.

And again, for the 5th time: if you want a truly Russian game with no woke to be seen play Black Book. However, you will drown in Northern Ural folklore much faster than in familiar to the Westerners wokeness.

FriendlyMerchant

Is this another leave and come back later enemy? What an overtuned mess. +40 attack bonus against a party that at best could get 50-52 AC. There shouldn't be a level 19 enemy in an area for level 9-11 characters. This is retarded. Every area should be completable at the time you can first get to it. There should be no leave and come back later to do one fight areas.

CNB9OWu.jpg

Erebus

Arcane
I'm progressing at a snail's pace because this crusade is, to put it mildly, boring me out of my skull.

Kingmaker had a very good atmosphere : exploration, adventure, mysterious perils, etc. Wrath instantly has you fighting an army of demons and cultists and I... just don't care one bit.

Also, from a more mechanical point of view, I don't like the fact that so many enemies - even very early in the game - are resistant or even immune to several types of damage. It's one of the things that pissed me off in Deadfire. It's frustrating and generally a bad idea : few monsters should have strong resistances and immunities should always have a logical explanation. Why are demons immune to lightning exactly ??

I'm not very far into the game and I do hope that it gets better later on. But right now, I have zero enthusiasm left as far as WotR is concerned. I feel like playing another game for a while and going back to it in a few days/weeks.

...Come to think of it, I never did finish Tides of Numenera.

Efe

Erudite
yea and when her alignment is revealed she suddenly loses all her class features

this isnt what happens, it is what would happen with idea guy above me has

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Also speaking of coping.

So you [bzx]oomers ditched huge bulking desktops with proper cooling and, as the fashion dictates, bought nice tiny laptops with abysmal thermals. Now awful Unity optimization batters your PC's, Intel - it seems - is not that good with drivers for their cutting edge GPU's, and Owlcat Games have to sort out this mess.

If the PC is cooled worse than a console and has worse hardware than a console then it's better to release games exclusively for consoles. At least this stupid problem would not have eaten up the time that the developers could have spent on fixing class mechanics.

Delterius

Arcane
That true or the new cope
no that's the old cope, from kingmaker, where some people said 'noo octavia and regongar and linzi and everything else are just there to appease the woke press'

the new cope is that only some members of owlcat are woke, and they are so powerful that their wishes overwhelm the rest of the company

Apparently building there's a bug with the training centers (for Crusade mode) - it messes up the damage calculation (reduces your damage to 10% instead of providing 110%).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...k/psa_regarding_crusade_mechanics_dont_build/
that is hilarious and might explain some reports of 'jesus christ the homm minigame becomes ultra tedious, everything is impervious to you for some reason'

Humbaba

Arcane
I leave the thread for a couple of days and the day I come back the unholy alliance of cuckservatives and Serbs are having a big REEEE about gender and I get spoiled on the waifu bait´s hidden alignment. Whatever. Still not gonna check in again until I get the game myself just to be safe.

EDIT: Apparently her alignment is quite literally hidden and you find out during her personal quest meaning this is not a spoiler after all. I apologize to any faggot I might have offended.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Desiderius LannTheStupid I know you two enjoy trying to understand the developers' decisions regarding companions' builds, so I come here to you begging for help. Specifically, I need help with Woljif's Double Slice and Ember's Point-Blank Shot and Precise Shot. Why? Why does a character with Str 10 need Double Slice to add his +0 Strength bonus to the off-hand weapon? Why does a character with an innate -4 to attack rolls need to waste TWO feats to specialize in ranged attacks? What's the rationale behind these choices? To me it seems just trolling.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Is "Now that Owlcats have gained enough popularity, they can ditch Pozzfinder and make their own BASED instead of WOKE game, perhaps W40K campaign" cope? I fear it's just a cope and company has contracted woke virus. Owner reminds me of Feargus, Mishulin of Old Josh Sawyer

They are Russian Obsidian

Obsidian had their occasional gay character for ticking boxes and pleasing the multi-color-haired audience who is in it for CRPG romance, but not even both PoE's combined with DLCs frontload that heavy and blatant amount of shameless pandering LGTBQ*+ propaganda on you as WotR does. I guess the AP name is quite meta in that regard. It truely is the wrath of the self proclaimed righteous, "gifting" the grognards with one of the most fun CRPG gameplays combined with the most woke setting and NPC design. Which way will it be western men?

Pathfinder is woke from the get go and we all knew what we will get with the games. Although I think that few here really expected this much wokeness with the sequel, but still the underlying game is good.

Obsidian on the other hand with PoE was supposed to be the savior of the genre and make a true sequel of BG. Finally a game were no pesky publisher will interfere with their vision and they can do what they want. Then they stabbed in a back a fan due a random tranny bitching on a twitter and released a boring, bland, mediocre at best game.

I can excuse a certain level of wokeness but betrayal never.

Tranny bitching had nothing to do with the failure of PoE.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
What's the rationale behind these choices? To me it seems just trolling.
IMHO - there is no rationale besides some role playing (if any). Bad companion builds is a glorious tradition at least starting from Pallegina, and Owlcat Games seem to be just following the trend. However, they say Wenduag is almost Ekundayo level strong.

Sorry for disappointing you.

P.S.: see, I am just badly informed.

Efe

Erudite
while i dont build ember for rays, she can easily be built for it.
-4 makes it harder but isnt ever the end of viability.

FriendlyMerchant

Pair of fights that are really way too strong for level 10 characters. Still stuck with it and ended up cheesing them. Don't know why they put them in this area. The rewards for beating them wasn't really worth how much trouble they were.

9gXlymS.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom