Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Tavern defence is turning into quite a hilarious bit of cheese:

Camellia's turn always comes just before the Minotaur's. Camellia always casts the rather OP "Protective Luck" on Spidergirl.

Protective luck means basically anyone trying to target you with anything requiring an attack roll will do so at a disadvantage. Roll twice and take the lower roll.

Since I've started doing this, the minotaur has not managed to even hit Spidergirl, not even once, for the past 3 rounds, which means for the last 12 attacks he has made. :lol:

2Kb9AZf.jpg

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Okay, so whenever my armies are on top of each other on the map I click the I (for inventory) button where you can assign a general. If I click the split it brings up an army that I don’t have which is crusader army IV? Even though I only have crusader army 1/2/3 there all on top of each other so I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Am I fucked here or can I get around it somehow? I can’t join my armies together.

Saving and quitting does nothing.
Parabalus

You sure you don't have IV? Left bottom corner.

At the start you can only have 3 units in your army, that isn't it?

Barring that try to get to C3, might fix it.
No, I only have 3 armies. When I try to bring up split armies between one, crusader army 4 shows up with nothing, if I transfer units it becomes an army and the one that now has no units is gone and comes up again if I do the same thing except vice versa. I can’t win all the demon fights with such a weak army so it seems either auto-mode or start over.

I can’t get to drezen unless I kill the armies.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Desiderius LannTheStupid I know you two enjoy trying to understand the developers' decisions regarding companions' builds, so I come here to you begging for help. Specifically, I need help with Woljif's Double Slice and Ember's Point-Blank Shot and Precise Shot. Why? Why does a character with Str 10 need Double Slice to add his +0 Strength bonus to the off-hand weapon? Why does a character with an innate -4 to attack rolls need to waste TWO feats to specialize in ranged attacks? What's the rationale behind these choices? To me it seems just trolling.

It’s not. Slice works with DEX bonus as they taught us with Maegar’s build in Varnhold DLC and Ember has a lot of good Rays (especially the Hellfire from Blackened), the malus goes down to two at level 10, and she’s an Elf so can use a Longbow late with Transformation and Frightful and pour lead into your unimaginative lazy little ass.

As I learned on the Deadly Aim on Kalikke if there’s a feat that looks bad the problem is usually on my end.

Desiderius

Patron
If you really want to get spicy with Wolj give him Estoc proficiency and let him cast Nenio’s high DC scrolls she scribes.

Or make your MC a Furry Arcanist and give him infinite DEX with Reduce Person.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
No, I only have 3 armies. When I try to bring up split armies between one, crusader army 4 shows up with nothing, if I transfer units it becomes an army and the one that now has no units is gone and comes up again if I do the same thing except vice versa. I can’t win all the demon fights with such a weak army so it seems either auto-mode or start over.

When two armies occupy the same position on the map there's a double arrow icon on the right side of the army name tag that allows you to transfer units between armies.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

When two armies occupy the same position on the map there's a double arrow icon on the right side of the army name tag that allows you to transfer units between armies.
Did you read my post? It creates a new army that isn’t there, so I can never transfer units to an actual army that exists. Read my post.

Desiderius

Patron
However, they say Wenduag is almost Ekundayo level strong

Wend in my game struggles to kill stronger demon because i didn't got a Cold Throwing axe but everything else gets kill easily. Especialy now that i got Deadly aim and Sneak attack from Slayer class.
How many classes of Slayer did you take and when? I want to give her sneak attack too but not sure at which point.

Right when i got to level 2 tbh.
Fighter is a good class for her but i thought Spawn slayer would be perfect for her. Idk if going to pick full slayer now tho. Maybe dip in something else later.

Fighter works well for Fighter’s Tactics + Seize the Moment + Greater Snap Shot + Enlarge. She gets an AoO on anyone who crits within a 20 ft radius boosted by Ever Ready and the Greater Snap bonus.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But yes, people in times of despair do stupid shit. including using a crossbow vs a demon lord. Note that you are not entering in the underdark on lv 4 like you do in bg3.
Attacking BG3 for letting you into the underdark at a low level right after excusing WotR for letting the player fight a lord of hell with a crossbow (that btw actually hurts it) at level one.

Amazing.

I'm not making excuses. It is AWFUL. It is awful as the Gothic """remake""" from THQ nordic starting.

Anyway, Underdark in different D&D games.

• Dark Sun : Wake of The Ravager : A area full of mindflayers where iis very hard to a party in "teen levels(13+)" to even access. Full of mindflayers and dangerous creatures. Mindflayers has a army of half giant slaves. I had to save scum a lot to pass
  • DDO : To even access underdark, you need to do 3 quests and own the Menace of the Underdark expansion pack. All quests to access the underdark are lv 16.
  • BG2 : You only get to underdark in chapter 5, You meet mindflayer colony, beholders, drow cities(...)
  • NWN : Hordes of the Underdark - The expansion starts on lv 15 and you only enter underdark in chapter 2.
(...)

Wanna have low level underdark? Make something like the party got captured and must flee, find a teleport scroll and convince a magic user capable of casting tier 5 spells to help the party. Don't put a area with spiders and boring stuff.

But again. NOBODY is saying that the beginning of Wrath is amazing. It is certainly one of the worst beginnings of a CRPG. However, crazy epic stuff in a game which ends in lv 20/10 mythic or lv 40(legend) is not the same thing that epic level for a lv 1 to 10 game.

Despite the awful beginning, PF:WoTR offers
  • Lichdoom which I don't see since M&M 8(I prefer vampirism but just my opinion) with a phylactery able to revive you(daily) and other stuff
  • A lot of other mythic paths. You can even become a swarm or a dragon in the game.
  • Dragon companions
  • Over 1000 spells
  • Option to play RtWP or TB
  • 25 Base classes with hundreds of archetypes to chose from + prestige classes
  • A amazing HoMM3 style crusade with a lot of tactics and interesting things to do and build.
  • Unique quests, outcomes and dialogs for each class. In ch 4 you as a lich has a completely different experience than a Azata
  • hundreds of hours of gameplay with a lot of replayability
  • A amazing ruleset. 3.75 aka pathfinder 1e
  • (...)
  • I can continue listing forever.
What BG3 has to offer? Astarion, dungeons & kobolds low level "epic" gameplay, hp bloat in a ruleset which monsters already has crazy high hp(probably the second highest durability in a tabletop game losing only to 4E), casters that can't have a familiar + mage hand at the same time. But yes, since BG3 fans can't criticize anything in this game, they need to pick the unique thing which it did worse than BG3(starting cutscene) and keep talking about it.

Gerrard

Arcane

Israfael

Arcane
What BG3 has to offer?
Why even attack Owlcat games, they are not competing with each other. I'm pretty sure WoTC would never allow Larian to use 3.5ed so any comparison is kinda moot (if i wanted to play 5ed, I'd go with either DOS3 or Solasta).

Mauman

Learned

Single-handedly convinced me to never touch this piece of shit even with a 10 foot pole, thanks.

This "thing" is pozzed for sure but I wouldn't quite let it decide whether this game is a purchase or not.

The couple is incompetent (discussed IN-GAME) and you can do horrible things to pretty much anybody you decide you don't like.

The Demon lord is literally about degeneracy, so of course it'd be interested in that shit.

The healers mentioned are boring (black cleric dude) and worth ignoring, or degenerate blue-blood noble who's actually funny (and actually bi, assholes and their bi-erasure).

I'm not saying there is no cringe (because there IS, not necessarily due to the woke stuff but because quite a few characters come off as Tumblr fanfic), but you get a great character building setup (if that's your thing, it is mine), and great turn-based combat (subjective of course, no guarentees. I just happen to like it).

Last edited:

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Did you read my post? It creates a new army that isn’t there, so I can never transfer units to an actual army that exists. Read my post.

You said you're clocking the I button. You should be clicking this button when two or more stacks are in the same spot.

KRu7URx.png

Desiderius

Patron
Sigh, the autistic fox is getting on my nerves.

Maybe it's time to download the full-companion respec mod so I can have Ember be my Scroll Savant.

I mean, no offense to witch fans (and I admit getting to one-shot a boss because slumber took hold is hilarious), but I want my freaking grease and pit spells.

Let Nenio make high DC scrolls and have Wolj cast them.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

You said you're clocking the I button. You should be clicking this button when two or more stack are in the same spot.

KRu7URx.png
Goddammit, then what is, never mind… it works

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What BG3 has to offer?
Why even attack Owlcat games, they are not competing with each other. I'm pretty sure WoTC would never allow Larian to use 3.5ed so any comparison is kinda moot (if i wanted to play 5ed, I'd go with either DOS3 or Solasta).

Woketards would force then to use the "current edition". By the way, 3.5E has "OGL" content. Throne of Bhaal is rushed and one of the reasons is this(they feared that woketards would push 3E on then). Paizo is different. Pathfinder 2E is vastly inferior to 1E but luckily, Paizo is not trying to push it like Woketards tried with 4E and now with 5E.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I fucking hate these cutscenes that start ignoring the sneaking and brake fucking pacing and force you to watch them over and over as you retry holy shit I can't believe whoever was in charge of that bullshit

3691fa7a8124b9039342a967f8fda588.jpg

Press enter.

Or is it just maxipad time?

Desiderius

Patron
are there many fear resistant enemies? Just in case I decide to buy it and redo my dazzling display thug thing

Later on yes, but not for awhile generally. Some things that aren’t easy to intimidate tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom