Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Some things that aren’t easy to intimidate tho.
in kangmaker i could intimidate bosses and wasnt even inquisitor. I gave quick look at classes and it seems that one of skald subclasses can add full lvl as bonus to intimidate(1/2 str and 1/2 intimidate). If one go legend it can be even higher.

Saravan

Savant
You have a great comedy routine going, never let anybody say otherwise
Don't be a heckler, Grauk.

Lol, he put me on ignore for this. He likes to bark but can't even take a little bit of bark himself, what a pansy

There is no way you can play through this crusade system and come out on the other end and say "yeah that was riveting gameplay". Still don't understand the need to irrationally defend every obvious flaw like it was you personally who designed the game.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Lol, he put me on ignore for this. He likes to bark but can't even take a little bit of bark himself, what a pansy

There is no way you can play through this crusade system and come out on the other end and say "yeah that was riveting gameplay". Still don't understand the need to irrationally defend every obvious flaw like it was you personally who designed the game.

Even if you're a fanboy of something you should see its flaws. Kingmaker had the shit kingdom management and everybody knew that the crusade system would be trash given Owlcats pedigree, they should have focused on the game, not on an extra mechanic that isn't fun nor adds really any value

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Way better. I would pau US$100,00 for a DLC which includes it if is great as lich MP. Instead of undead, you could use shadows with a unique mechanic of being weak during daylight. That would be amazing. Instead of focused in necromancy, focused in conjuration and illusion, some swarm of bats abilities, dominate people in dialogs, that would be so awesome.
$10K or $100K? If you're willing to drop the latter on a DLC, you should just fund your own game. If the former, you should probably find something else to toss it into, like investments.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Now you could become a furry.

nmS1uCh.png

Gradenmayer

Learned
Man, this is nigh unplayable after leaving the Shield Maze. My 1080 cannot keep up. Gonna try and go down to 1080p, which will look hideous on my monitor, but it’s getting down to like 15 fps lmao
For people unable to believe it, a GTX 1080 at 1440p, paired with an AMD 3700x struggles at Medium settings. Any time that there are huge special FX on screen, it becomes sluggish, even more so if there are a ton of enemies. So the fight with all the cultists at the Wardstone after you get out of the Maze is pretty abysmal to go through (not to mention it bugged the first time and I didn’t see the dialogue of the cutscene lol)
It runs at 60 fps in 1080p on medium setting on my Radeon Hd 7800 (it's 10 year old card).

Wonders of Unity and crooked hands of whoever optimized this.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did the storyteller disappear for you all in your gameplay? I don't see that fucker since I left the first city.
He is supposed to disappear, It's a quest down the line.

Yes, you'll see him briefly in Act 2 and then you won't find him again till you do the dragon hunt quest in Act 3.

After that he chills in Drezen.

I was a bit concerned as I assumed you were able to unlock the Gold Dragon mythic path before Act 3, but you apparently can't by design.

volklore

Arcane
Anybody tinkered with Sohei ? 2 flurry with fauchard (at 11, +1 flurry with ki pool) sounds super juicy. I am trying to find ways to get a better mount than horse but none of them feels great (probably sacred huntsmaster, cockatrice beast rider or hunter) as to get the best out of these dips one need to delay sohei progression. Or maybe there's a way to scale the horse better down the line in a mythic path ? Also Pounce would be sick on this for charge into triple flurry fauchard goodness, but have to pick kitsune for it and they have such weird stat spread (+they look stupido)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So I respec from dhampir to human and my char still gets damaged by healing spells.

You can't escape undeath.

--------------

If you could make a mythic path, which mythic path would you make? I? Vampire Noble. "but will be redundant with lich". No. Liches would focus on necromancy. Vampire lord in illusion, conjuration and enchantment. We also have azata which is amazing for evokation. Each rank of the mythic path could make your shadow evocation, shadow conjuration and shades 10% more real, meaning that at "end game", your shadow evocation will be more powerful than the normal spell counterparts.

You should be able to make a vampire knight attacking in melee and healing from the damage dealt, using incorporality, faster speed and so on or a vampire caster, conjuring nasty spells. A vampire casting shades, shadow conjuration, shadow evocation(...) should create incredible powerful effects.

$10K or $100K?

100. Not 10k or 100k. I don't have that much money to "waste"

Saravan

Savant

Even if you're a fanboy of something you should see its flaws. Kingmaker had the shit kingdom management and everybody knew that the crusade system would be trash given Owlcats pedigree, they should have focused on the game, not on an extra mechanic that isn't fun nor adds really any value

I find the main issue being that it breaks the pace of the game. After Drezen you will start getting the Kingmaker-esque buildings as well which includes entering all the 5000 outposts that requires building. Compound this with entering the capital every time you need to deal with the council/event card triggers, recruiting new units, moving them to the main stack and of course the actual Crusader battles and you could easily spend half your game session just doing that. Loading screens at almost every instance as well.

By the time you are supposed to move with the actual party doing typical adventuring you are already drained. This of course leads to getting more easily annoyed at mechanics which would otherwise be perfectly fine by themselves such as random encounters, staying to rest to deal with fatigue, etc. You may be alright with it say up until mid chapter 3 but it's going to get really fucking boring by chapter 4 and onwards.

Takamori

Learned
One thing that impressed that they were able to add dismemberment to every monster. Just wish I could get rid of the corpse explosion animation from crits kinda silly someone explode with a arrow crit.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Say what you will about the rest of the game, but the music is fucking top notch.

I'm dealing with the first demon right now, and the music as it entered the room, was amazing. Half way between bombastic and heavy metal kind-of thing. *licks lips* Perfect!

Shadenuat

Arcane
Even if you're a fanboy of something you should see its flaws. Kingmaker had the shit kingdom management and everybody knew that the crusade system would be trash

bitchas plz

Codexers know "flawz" and have seen "flawz" in RPGs more than hours you have in Skyrim. Most of TOP Codex RPGs are half broken buggy messes. Most of them don't even have working combat or it's deemed shit. A few rpgs codex likes are eurojank where nobody even knows if stats do anything, with translations that make you go wrong directions in quests. My favorite RPG is Arcanum and I remember reloading 42 times to enter Bates mansion because game just crashed between areas. Infodumps in dialogue are no rarity in classics either - just look at BG1. Loading screens? Anyone actually played IE games on 6 CDs??

RPGs are a frankenstein genre prone to endless pitfalls, but so are amazing heights. You want RPGs without any flawz, maybe try, uh, JRPGs. :avatard:

if you can't comprehend how can one understand something, or someones, flawz and still love them, I don't know how you live your lives, btw. you probably walk the world as if a field of glass.

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant
Say what you will about the rest of the game, but the music is fucking top notch.

I'm dealing with the first demon right now, and the music as it entered the room, was amazing. Half way between bombastic and heavy metal kind-of thing. *licks lips* Perfect!

The music is easily one of the strongest parts of the game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Do you think it'd be worth the game being even more buggy and having worse writing if they added a vampire lord mythic path?
Of course. You are talking with Victor. It's simple. Epic liches pew-pew for 4000000000 damage and summon succubus harem - greatest gaem in universe. No epic liches pew-pew for 4000000000000 damage and no succubus harem - disgusting pile of shit.

jac8awol

Arbiter
I got an amusing bug where a companion died, got resurrected, but he never stood up again. He stayed lying down on the ground, would just slide towards enemies and fight them from the floor without animations. Biting their ankles? Who knows, still deadly.

Jesus. Crusade mode feels all sorts of fucky.
After the rest of the day of fucking with it on and off, it still feels all sorts of fucky but I understand it and I'm steamrolling. The problem of course is it feels so damn bad and disconnected from the adventuring it's getting me pissy. Waiting a week for a tiny trickle of reinforcements when the map sure as fuck isn't HoMM and there aren't other cities to take, resource nodes to hit, huts with nerds to recruit, etc is driving me insane. Alternating between sweeping up the smallest enemy groups and adventuring with the party (Since that's the best way to advance time for more income/army movement/eventually some fucking reinforcements) is functional but it doesn't have the nice feeling of going back to your city in Kingmaker to sell off garbage, retask your council, start some building projects and then going back to adventuring before finally coming back to settle in for a long few months of advancement before the next big story beat. Instead I've got demon armies blocking map exploration until I sweep them away with a shitty minigame and can go in and adventure with the team. Either the HoMM-mode needs a lot more love and work (Not really an option I imagine. I expect they'll keep patching the game so shit works but not rejiggering that to the point it feels enjoyable) or I hope they just club it on the head and abstract the crusade management even further and limit it to passing orders to subordinates like the fucking Kingmaker thing. All this ignoring how (Supposedly) there's some permanent morale drain in the next chapter and how (Supposedly) if I become a lich which is what I'm headed for it'll completely fuck up crusade mode.

Real downer. Been having plenty of fun otherwise (Smaller stuff to bitch about of course but having a good time) but crusade mode's actively bringing me down. Hopefully the stars align and it either improves (Maybe it's just this bad early on) or continues to be steamroll-friendly so I can just try to ignore it so I can keep crawling all over the damn map to try to become a lich.

Robber Baron

Savant
Also the crusade battle map has square grid, but the units can attack diagonally. But the devs couldn't be assed to make a hexagonal positional grid for the units, so they just left it as it is. Cheap and pathetic. Any self respecting project lead would've cut that phony minigame out of respect for the rest of the product. But NO. It's a STRETCH GOAL. So please enjoy that halfassed feature that we never intended to properly implement anyway :^)
Sasuga owlcat

that crusade mode is literally the tipping point, up until it was introduced the game was literally perfect and then BAM
halfassed feature that deminishes the overall impression of the product
consistency of quality is fucking forever ruined and the game will always be flawed

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Even if you're a fanboy of something you should see its flaws. Kingmaker had the shit kingdom management and everybody knew that the crusade system would be trash

bitchas plz

Codexers know "flawz" and have seen "flawz" in RPGs more than hours you have in Skyrim. Most of TOP Codex RPGs are half broken buggy messes. Most of them don't even have working combat or it's deemed shit. A few rpgs codex likes are eurojank where nobody even knows if stats do anything, with translations that make you go wrong directions in quests. My favorite RPG is Arcanum and I remember reloading 42 times to enter Bates mansion because game just crashed between areas. Infodumps in dialogue are no rarity in classics either - just look at BG1. Loading screens? Anyone actually played IE games on 6 CDs??

RPGs are a frankenstein genre prone to endless pitfalls, but so are amazing heights. You want RPGs without any flawz, maybe try, uh, JRPGs. :avatard:

if you can't comprehend how can one understand something, or someones, flawz and still love them, I don't know how you live your lives, btw. you probably walk the world as if a field of glass.

bla bla strawmen, bla bla incomprehensible gibberish

I didn't say codexers don't see flaws, I commented on Desiflake acting like every part of the game is perfect and exactly designed to spec and we lowly players just haven't grokked its brilliant design, which is ridiculous

Shadenuat

Arcane
Also saying that ppl didn't point out the flawz in beta is absolute bs. Read the thread and find me screaming drunk, begging cats to do something about stuff like random encounters, map travel and crusades and that time when I close to lose conscience and they had to carry me out on ambulance because I saw that card management from PKM was back. I also made a guide on who of companions to turn into skeletons, and who is tolerable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom