Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
just look at these drones :)

Yeah, I'm downloading the Day 1 Patch here as well. See you boys in 3 months when I have an opinion on this.

*Sorin throws a smoke bomb*

BYE!

ITS ONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

May your playthrough be pleasant and furrrrrfilling.

See on the other side, bros! I'm going in - deep - and without caution.

You should play.

Give it to me straight, folks. How buggy is it? Is it playable? I can't deal with another Kingmaker release.

My Notebook didn't exploded when i started the game. Lets freaking go.

DOWNLOAD FASTER YOU FUCKING BITCH DUNKIN DONUTS WIFI

The number of classes and kits.... hnnnggggg.

Lol I’m gonna fuck myself hard, going legend so I’ll be out of a mythic path for a while, wish me luck
:hero:

Downloading now. I don't mind admitting I'm quite excited :)

Holy shit this looks like it's popular. Hopefully it'll make the suits sit up and take notice - although they'll probably get the wrong end of the stick and think it shows that we want more one-legged demiboy vampires in our videogames :)

Started as a grenadier. Need more bombs to spread the will of Gorum
:argh:

Thank you Owlcat for allowing me to make a Cavalier with a Triceratops mount. That spares me from agonizing over which class to choose.

Damn, the music on starting screen is EPIC! I think I will start by listening to that for 10 minutes or so :D

Monk squad reporting in:
Some books are lacking covers. I repeat: some books are lacking covers.

Based. Kill many an orc child and enslave many an elf, hero.

First impression - I can't have a beard while I'm a woman. Literally unplayable.

I'm stuck at the character creation. Help!

Infinitron split the thread man, lets start a new.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey Orc Dyke, here's your heirloom. Oh, you had to sell it because your wife had a treatment.
...a treatment. Oh... Oh no.
She sold her father's scabbard... to pay for estrogens.

jan-kr%C3%BCger.256x256.jpg

This is a fantasy adventure in Anno Domini 2021.
And this is why I play demon.

My theory is the surgery was to reverse a botched FtM. She acts way more FtM than MtF.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh right. I would be curious to see someone do it to. I just interrupted the ritual and fought the mage instead of the beast.
Nah... you let the beast come out and trash it's face like a man.

So far Force Reality does NOT get rid of its stuff. Not sure if that's a feature or a bug.

None

Scholar
It's baffling how unlikable the majority of the characters in this game are. A literal invasion from hell is occurring, and I have no desire in working with 80% of the inhabitants of this dumbass city.

You'd think the overall theme would lean towards gothic horror, but no, we've got to contend with the same quirky and mentally stunted audience as Tumblr.

At least the combat is fun.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Don't know why everyone keeps saying the writing is so bad. Read a bit and it seemed fine. A little wordy sometimes but it's standard video game fare. Is it just the lgbt stuff and people are expanding that to everything? Bias. You guys complain more and cry more than the lefties.
A LITTLE WORDY SOMETIMES?

I'd say approximately 90% of the words in each dialogue should be cut.

I had quite low expectations given what I heard about the beta-versions, but I'm still amazed how fucking sloppy the writing is, especially compared to Kingmaker which was quite tightly written and didn't really have too much excess dialogue. Has someone checked the credits if they replaced the writing team?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Nah... you let the beast come out and trash it's face like a man

I honestly just went in there and started blasting. Half expected owlcat to make it impossible if the ritual finishes like the kingmaker situation with the wisp or early owlbears. Did I miss anything cool?

FriendlyMerchant

Don't know why everyone keeps saying the writing is so bad. Read a bit and it seemed fine. A little wordy sometimes but it's standard video game fare. Is it just the lgbt stuff and people are expanding that to everything? Bias. You guys complain more and cry more than the lefties.
A LITTLE WORDY SOMETIMES?

I'd say approximately 90% of the words in each dialogue should be cut.

I had quite low expectations given what I heard about the beta-versions, but I'm still amazed how fucking sloppy the writing is, especially compared to Kingmaker which was quite tightly written and didn't really have too much excess dialogue. Has someone checked the credits if they replaced the writing team?

They still let backers write quests I think.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Kingmaker writing was, I would say, good. Now the thing is, the setting is retarded, crusade against demons make little sense, not sure the writing is on the team.

FriendlyMerchant

Kingmaker writing was, I would say, good. Now the thing is, the setting is retarded, crusade against demons make little sense, not sure the writing is on the team.
Yeah. That's a pozzo problem.

Black_Willow

Arcane
Hey, a munchkin-y question - if I create my char as an oracle, afterwards spec it into paladin (half of levels oracle, half paladin) AND get the angel mythic path - would I be able to merge oracle's and angel spellbooks and would my levels in angel fully add to oracle's caster level? And at 20 character level - would the oracle have 20 caster level (10 oracle and 10 angel)?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If you want to munchkin don’t fart around with Paladin.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Finally got chance at mythic powers... at level 6. Mixed bag. Some powers are rather uber and others are pure shit. LMAO Also, the game cries that I need to pick a mythic class but the only 'option's mythic hero which maes sense I hear you don't get to choose your actual mythic class til later... so stop harassing me.

That last 'battle' with the dwarf and his 'sexy' demon lover is bullcrap. Build the confrontation, and the game gives you a 'insta win'. WTF? Talk about bullcrap.

That said, out of all the side stories, quests, and writing (and there are some horrible ones), their 'relationship' is the best written. Not that it's a high bar, but still. L0L

So far, the game is playable and fun largely because of character creation and levelling up, and ph@t lewts. Then again, it helps that unlike other idiots, I ain't playing wi8th the laughable npcs. :D

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Yea, that last CH1 fight is garbo, should have been a real battle.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sycamore tree > gray warden or whatever it's called.

Troll city > drezen invasion.

One thing kingmaker excelled at was making sure there was a solid dungeon and boss at the end of each chapter. None of this saved by mysterious powers after every battle and never getting to actually kill the boss yourself. I guess that would be an example of really bad writing.
I see that what I said has gone completely over your head.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom