Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Had surprisingly few bugs last few days (had to reload a save to make an area exit appear). The conditions to enter lich path were a bit anal, so had to replay like ~3 hours which sucks a bit.

Met Aru, was surprised by how good the character intro and voice acting for her was. Kinda want her in my party now.

Pretty close to the end of act 2 I think. So far the HoMM mode has been rather disappointing, the rules and unit stats are very opaque, a lot of the fights feel like they devolve into clicking to attack the same stack for 20 turns. Seems like half the general abilities are bugged too, can't even cast bane on actual enemies, just unoccupied tiles.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
First you fukk my dead mother then you accuse me falsely of being gay - all over a rpg - yet somehow think you are sane? L0LZ

Oberon

Learned
Most of the WotR companions are okay.
Of the ones I've encountered Lann, Wenduag, Camellia, Daeran and Ember aren't too bad. Woljif probably isn't too bad either. They are no worse than the more generic BG2 characters.
Kingmaker's companions were terrible.
The only trash NPCs really so far in Chapter 1 are the troon and the half orc bull dyke. The Serena Williams Paladin is a Gordon Goodbrother but meh... that's not terrible just boring. I imagine the fag Cleric will be similar.

Sunri

Liturgist
Most of the WotR companions are okay.
Of the ones I've encountered Lann, Wenduag, Camellia, Daeran and Ember aren't too bad. Woljif probably isn't too bad either. They are no worse than the more generic BG2 characters.
Kingmaker's companions were terrible.
The only trash NPCs really so far in Chapter 1 are the troon and the half orc bull dyke. The Serena Williams Paladin is a Gordon Goodbrother but meh... that's not terrible just boring. I imagine the fag Cleric will be similar.

Takamori

Learned
Do I have to follow every Konomi orders or I can tell her to fuck off and do my thing? I'm not interested in being the queen's pawn or the furry

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If this obelisk breaks the whole barrier goes down. Amazing writing.
actually no,it makes chain reaction and blows up all the cities....it doesn't just shut down.
So, that's from Kenabres after fanta was done with the obelisk interaction:

Seriously speaking, listening to this gives me goosebumps every time.

Mauman

Learned
Nothing wrong with playing RPGs where you create every character at the table.
In Kingmaker all but 1 were mercs in my party, in wrath I'm rolling with 2 mercs and 3 companions.

Well, TBF they made it WAY harder to get mercs in Wrath. Kinda a big ole fuck you to those who like creating their own parties.

Seriously, 4k for a level 2 merc?! And it only get's worse.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Seelah's a little lame
I agree with pretty much everything you said, except this. Seelah's just the worst, and cannot be defended. Background of poverty and of stealing things for a living that ends up a Paladin with the +2 you gain from human to STR?

I mean... she is literally the worst companion Owlcat had in their games. Black women that were raised in the 'hood can be cops too, yo~!

C'mon... everything else you can defend. Seelah? Not so much. "a little lame" is a serious understatement.
She is an Eddie Murphy character, but "subverted" to be female, because you go girl!
upload_2021-9-9_8-56-20.jpeg

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Nah. Having fantasy Ben Shapiro call me a moron every dialog and not having anyone to replace him with as treasurer early on was one of my least favorite things about the game.

The rest of your list seems right though. I also didn't mind the barbarian even though she was a corny, dumb lesbo, and the undead elf was decent.

But all the rest were pretty awful. Especially the bizarre cuck couple and the little halfling girl who won't shut up.

Takamori

Learned
WOTR companions are definitely more interesting compared to Kingmaker but there are honorable mentions Jubilost, Harrim breaking the old dwarf formula, Ekun for being autistic ranger , Nok-Nok and Amiri.
But the rest was pretty lukewarm.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Nok Nok was lame as fuck and seemed like he was written by a serial rapist, Jaethal was hot as fuck, everyone else ran into traps for me.

Perkel

Arcane
Hold up nigga! You telling me that a party based RPG is expecting you to have a character that heals!? Those bastards won't get away with this :mad:!!!!

That is not my gripe. My gripe is that game at "core" is basically designed for save scummers. You frequently fight characters with much greater level above you meaning you will absolutely get hit and in one dungeon there can be like 5 of them. Meaning that you will have to completely drink like crazy potions if you do not save scum.

This is also meta analisis not really point negative for game. It is just what it is. For example in first dungeon you have lv 5 and lv 8 enemies flying masterwork items like you. That is almost every crpg for you.

AwesomeButton

Patron
A single point of failure is fine as long as the story establishes why it exists and uses it narratively. You know, like the One Ring.
You have a point, though I would liken the One Ring more to a back door. Then again, a back door would take on another meaning when it comes to this game... :bounce:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
a) Is it true that liches use charisma instead of constitution for fortitude checks and HP? b) Do Mythic paths continue gaining BAB so you can continue gaining more attacks?

Sadly no. I loved the lich MP but the lich transformation itself gives almost no benefit for you.

Do Mythic paths continue gaining BAB so you can continue gaining more attacks?

No, only certain feats and other stuff increases BAB. Greybor for eg at lv 16 has the normal slayer BAB.
So, constitution for a wizard wanting to become lich isnt useless and it is safe to ignore charisma?

Also, you will only be able to become one in ch 5 and in late game, enemies are too powerful. Even if you have like +60 hp, it would't be that a big difference for a main caster.

Meredoth as a person who finished the game: how does the portrait of the main hero change? Is it some kind of a slow morph of the original portrait, or does the portrait just change to Mythic at some point? Did you use one of the original portraits or import your own?

Changes when you are advancing to the ascension and the game gives the choice to change or not.

I even took a screenshot

n96lbOh.png

Does anyone know what the deal is with the "Number of Enemies" option? Which setting is more in line with the intended balancing? I don't want to play on a "hard mode" but I also don't want to gimp every encounter in the game.

Ehrenmann

Does anyone know what the deal is with the "Number of Enemies" option? Which setting is more in line with the intended balancing? I don't want to play on a "hard mode" but I also don't want to gimp every encounter in the game.
Well, the setting increasing the number of enemies is literally called "enlarged". It even looks weird in game when multiple enemies spawn at the same spot, so the game is certainly balanced more for the normal number of enemies.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Each square in the map I posted is 10 feet, so that's a huge map.

Please define "Big Enough". Big enough is not an objective or logical unit of measurement.
The map I'm on right now "Tirabade Residence" is a single intersection of a city street. Big enough for a single combat encounter.

So the game is shit then as you have constant loading screens of small areas. The decline is real.

Worst game ever.

I hear Hillsfar is really good though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom