Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm actually pretty stoked about the Crusade Management (although worried that it will be too faceroll). Way better than any of the test versions.

As for Blightmaw I recommend this:

Reg10 schmaking Blightmaw Core.jpg

Did leave it for last (can't remember who gave me this advice - it's outstanding) so had level 10 and Mythic 3. Some of my buffs had run out tho but thought I'd give it a try. Initiative was weird and he got first hit in on my main which is bad.

BlightmawdoubleNat20Ald10.jpg

This was actually second hit - true seeing ignoring Images? Bad luck? anyway first damage I'd taken in awhile.

ald10tankingBlightmaw.jpg

A little close run thing but got 'er under control before big Reg stepped in.

LannSH10critBlight.jpg

Lann not doing ZA damage but steady as a Sacred Huntmaster and does enough.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So how do you order the craftsmen to improve the relic in act 3? I can't seem to make it work.

Have to have enough mats and that advisor not busy with something else.

Mats are relatively cheap to buy. You can buy them at castle or in recruitment screen while traveling.

I ended up defeating that robot demon encounter by reloading a bunch hoping to get lucky enough to have both dismiss and hold creature get through the demon's spell resistance and will saves at the start.
It wasn't fun, and I don't really know how you're supposed to do it legitimately.

Then I moved to the next room where there is a virtually identical encounter with the exact same enemies.
:prosper:

Come back when you're better or turn down difficulty.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How are you fuckin’ nerds so far into the game. I only started to siege the Garrison (albeit after rerollin’ as a Grenadier master-race after tavern defense) and I already skip a lot of this terribly written, bloated dialogue.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Does anyone know what the deal is with the "Number of Enemies" option? Which setting is more in line with the intended balancing? I don't want to play on a "hard mode" but I also don't want to gimp every encounter in the game.
It's not good. Just makes copies of same enemies at most places. Say in tutorial there is 1 hard bro in small room, high damage, all that; there will be 2 bros. Encounter was glabrezu, some other demon, minotaur, some oddity; now fight 2 glabrezus, 2 minotaurs. Lazy design.

Perkel

Arcane
Haha turns out that orc elf are just normal aside from elf bitch being crazy.

1631170814938.png

Orc chick be like. Well you gotta take what you can get.

Polanski

Scholar
Ok, I reached the crystal decision, 3rd floor of Gay Garrison.

Let me take just a minute to note how moronic of the story writers it is to decide that humans and celestials would combine their forces, for the supremely important task of designing a protective system against the abyss, and should be so dumb as to design a system with a single point of failure. If this obelisk breaks the whole barrier goes down. Amazing writing.

Other than that, I think someone on the writing team unintentionally described Russian society and history in two-three paragraphs:
ytZa8DX.jpg

Once again the clearly more evil decision is to prolong the suffering of those who suffer, by choosing the superficially "good" course of action. I don't know if they realized that, and I should give them points for it, or not.

They probably did not want to design a system with a single point of failure or angels being locked in eternal servitude, but simply had no better options.

I also think that the reasoning behind the "good" option, is that demonic magic has corrupted the rebellious angels and made them see their service as suffering. Otherwise they would have been content with their sacrifice.

That being said, my current character will definitely believe the "red" reasons and corrupt the shit out of those stones.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

1631170814938.png

Irabeth sold her father's sword to pay for the transition. Fucking medieval fantasy, huh..
Use a real image host. Don't hotlink a chan that's going to delete it by the end of the day.

rjKxrAI.png

How completely stupid. It's even dumber than I imagined. This dude wore a dress for a few years and decided to cut his dick off. That's it.

John Money would be proud.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So how do you order the craftsmen to improve the relic in act 3? I can't seem to make it work.

The diplomacy wing of the command needs to be free from doing an event/anything else.

Also there might be hidden requirements for diplomacy rank on some of them, as some relics I couldn't start the upgrade event despite the diplomacy wing being free. I had enough materials as well.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned

Were they trying to make it sound creepy? Is this a deliberate subversion?

It kinda reads as if a Klan member wrote a story about an Irish boy and a black girl getting together, where you learn the boy's parents were in an incestuous relationship and the girl's a crack addict.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Seelah's Ultimate Evolution:

Seela-Ultimate-Evolution.jpg" alt="Seela-Ultimate-Evolution

Having Lann as a druid that can enlarge animals is 100% worth it.

I've not tried it yet, but I think he should be able to make it possible to ride a raptor/cheetah etc

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well, TBF they made it WAY harder to get mercs in Wrath. Kinda a big ole fuck you to those who like creating their own parties.

Seriously, 4k for a level 2 merc?! And it only get's worse.
Yeah, but the companions in wrath are way better than the ones in kingmaker. At least relative to the content. I remember all the default melee companions in kingmaker getting instagibbed as soon as they entered the fight, this isn't happening to camellia or woljir. Admittely I'm only in act2 so far, and iirc kingmaker didn't get properly murderous until the undead cyclopi, so we'll see.
Both in terms of writing and build. Still, in kingmaker you could make your entiry party mercs by the time act 2 started, in wrath I think you wouldn't get there until the middle/end of act 2.

So, do you guys do anything interesting with Nenio? Or just go pure aspie wizard?
I'm planning to administer the Emperor's Mercy.
Imo it's hard to do much interesting with wizards(or any casting focused build really). There's probably some pretty strong build combining eldritch knight for BaB with loremaster for feats you normally can't get but you'll still wind up with a character that's mostly a caster with maybe a not entirely horrible attack on top.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Also wanted to say that 24 hour enduring-spell buffed muscle sorcerers seem pretty strong.

Unfortunately since going gold dragon path, not quite as strong as he was previously as I no longer get the +6 STR and +4 CON from frightful aspect which seems to be bugged. Not getting any size mods to attributes, actually as I checked with enlarge person, too.

Still managed to beat up an equally fully-buffed Core Regil in a plot-related 1v1 duel though, so comfortably better than a Armiger 7/Hellknight 10 even with most of my feats and 2/3 of my mythic upgrades going to spellcasting related abilities.

Commander.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
With a wizard MC, I need to fight creatures with magic resistance and resistances to fire, acid and cold (and immunity to electricity) from the very beginning of the game. This pushes me towards buffing and ground-targeted spells if I want to be effective in combat at all.

Damage-causing cantrips are largely not effective, and the same goes for the usual "nuke" spells.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sure, I can cast it. About thrice per day, four times when I'm level 5, but by then I'm ready to move on to chapter 2 :D

Shadenuat

Arcane
Sure, I can cast it. About thrice per day, four times when I'm level 5, but by then I'm ready to move on to chapter 2
Isn't Ember very first hex Owlcats given her is one that supresses resist?

Anyway, 20 int is +2, thassilonian is +2, +1 bonded object, and mythic for extra spells is err +4? So at the beginning of Chapter 2 you're at 8 to 12 spells of every level depending how you play your cards. The problem is growing until you aquire enough Spell Pen, which is early Ch3.

Ch1 yeah, join your fox companion in doing what wizard does best,

(throws u a Krieg-approved shovel)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Welp, Blackwater was one giant shit fest. Or rather, one giant slog. None of the enemies posed any actual threat, but fighting demons with 50 AC and ~500 HP is just a pain in the ass. And then the final boss was just a walkover, after what mustve been 2 solid hours of greasing and praying for critical hit confirmations. Whoever designed this part of the game deserves to be shot. It feels genuinely misplaced and more like a kickstarter backer self-insert for "cool steampunk shit" than anything that actually belongs into the game.

Didn't help that there was basically no meaningful loot in this entire shithole, with enemies who are sitting well above 45AC dropping +1 armors and basic non-enhanced weapons.

Sunri

Liturgist

1631170814938.png

Irabeth sold her father's sword to pay for the transition. Fucking medieval fantasy, huh..
Use a real image host. Don't hotlink a chan that's going to delete it by the end of the day.

it sounds reasonable after fucked up childhood people do weird things

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom