Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Voids

Augur
I dont know shit about pathfinder. My bard feels really underpowered, is that normal?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I dont know shit about pathfinder. My bard feels really underpowered, is that normal?
Depends on the level of the bard and the variety. For most power you go the Thunder Bard and focus on Bard songs. Otherwise you want to pick up archery feats and then you do haste+song and go plink plink

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Bugs encountered so far:
- None of the animal companions that should have more than 2 attacks actually have those. For example, a Bear gets 2 claw attacks instead of 2 claw attacks + bite.
- Post patch 1.0.0c some animal companions gained unarmed attacks.
- Whenever you shapeshift as a Druid and then click on the character the framerate completely tanks. As soon as you click on someone else, it stops.
- Any area with fire effects (not light effect in general) has constant frame drops.

The last two ones made me quit. Sorry, I want to actually play as a shapeshifter.

Rieser

Scholar
Taking a -3 morale hit from the siege flag every day, despite not being besieged. Good ol' release state Pathfinder.

Bugs encountered so far:
- None of the animal companions that should have more than 2 attacks actually have those. For example, a Bear gets 2 claw attacks instead of 2 claw attacks + bite.

For me it only shows the claw attacks in the character tab, but the bite is there as well in-combat. It's a merc though and not my main, don't know if that matters.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Taking a -3 morale hit from the siege flag every day, despite not being besieged. Good ol' release state Pathfinder.

Bugs encountered so far:

For me it only shows the claw attacks in the character tab, but the bite is there as well in-combat. It's a merc though and not my main, don't know if that matters.

Yeah, it does. On my main character (and I've made several to test), a Bear companion only has 2 claw attacks, whilst a Smilodon has 1 claw attack + bite.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
So, any way to get pounce on a non-animal without having to play (ugh) Kitsune?
Skald can share rage powers. Take the beast totem line to get it. This may have been answered already as I am 55 pages behind.

By the way, is it just me, or is the game skewed towards an Azata player, with more content, reactivity, and even unique items early on, like the summoning tankard in Kenabres?

tripedal

Savant
How bad are the bugs? Some of the steam reviews make it sound completely unfinished. Should I just wait for the enhanced edition?

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
With a wizard MC, I need to fight creatures with magic resistance and resistances to fire, acid and cold (and immunity to electricity) from the very beginning of the game. This pushes me towards buffing and ground-targeted spells if I want to be effective in combat at all.
I'm playing as an electro kineticist. Didn't expect all demons which are 2/3 of all enemies in the game to be immune to electricity, my dude is pretty much standing still doing nothing in half of the fights.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
With a wizard MC, I need to fight creatures with magic resistance and resistances to fire, acid and cold (and immunity to electricity) from the very beginning of the game. This pushes me towards buffing and ground-targeted spells if I want to be effective in combat at all.
I'm playing as an electro kineticist. Didn't expect all demons which are 2/3 of all enemies in the game to be immune to electricity, my dude is pretty much standing still doing nothing in half of the fights.
That's what Ascended Element is for. It allows you to completely ignore such resistances/immunities.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
How bad are the bugs? Some of the steam reviews make it sound completely unfinished. Should I just wait for the enhanced edition?

I had to stop playing, due to several mechanics being broken, as well as horrible framerate drops. My PC ran Witcher 3 on Ultra settings, so there's no way in Hell I should be getting any stuttering, much less 25FPS in areas with fire effects of any kind.
To give you an example, one game-breaking bug is your animal companion being counted as a full party member, so then you can only take 4 additional people. You literally can only fix that via the "Toy Box" mod.

Sunri

Liturgist
Skald can share rage powers. Take the beast totem line to get it. This may have been answered already as I am 55 pages behind.

By the way, is it just me, or is the game skewed towards an Azata player, with more content, reactivity, and even unique items early on, like the summoning tankard in Kenabres?
it seems that Azata path is the best and most fleshed out of all choices

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum

it seems that Azata path is the best and most fleshed out of all choices

There's also a surprisingly large amount of Bard-only items in the first two chapters.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The earlier chapters are relatively bug free(although there are bunch of minor bugs regards class features and such).

Later chapters (namely 5 and 6) are buggy as hell because it's not included in the beta.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
That's what Ascended Element is for. It allows you to completely ignore such resistances/immunities.
Yeah, that's why I didn't reroll, hoping to get that or air element for physical blasts, whatever comes sooner. But so far it's suffering on Core.

Parabalus

Arcane
Yeah, that's why I didn't reroll, hoping to get that or air element for physical blasts, whatever comes sooner. But so far it's suffering on Core.

If you go Lich you can turn them to Negative Energy. Azata Zippy Magic also works to fork them.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Aeon seemed satisfying content wise, but I've not tried any of the other starting paths yet.

What? Outside of his "opening" story event, Aeon has one unique line with Galfrey when you become Knight-Commander, a unique resolution to the Worldstone at Kenabres... and that's it. I stopped before taking Drezen, though, so maybe things turn around? Also, the game is blatantly rushed. Notice that Angel, Aeon, and Azata get nice storybook introductions, whilst Trickster and Demon get jack shit?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Have you figured out that (unlike BG) you can sing and fight at the same time?

You’ve got Image and a Heavy (Mithril) Shield and don’t have any ranged abilities (and can’t spare the feats) so want to be in melee. Probably should Dazzling Display first round. Dirge Bard good at this, Thunder Bard is just…. not good. Cast the spell if you want that effect. Higher DC and doesn’t burn your performance. Then second round you’re in position to use a Sonic Spell to interrupt a caster or fire off a cone or AoE control spell or do some decent damage with the good weapons in the game.

This game has way more caster support for Bard so you can go Azata for instance and really go off with the Enchants. There is a hilarious staff sling if you really want to go ranged.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom