Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
The key Mythic Tricks that require a high skill level from you are UMD (you gotta be able to actually use the items), Persuasion (Rank 1 is just demoralize and doesn't run on rank, so its good to have a high skill), Athletics 1 and 2 (Athletics check into Saving Throws), Mobility 3 (Mobility checks into AC), Knowledge World 1 (World Checks into boosting every other check).

If it's true that Trickster's secret metamagic feat can turn level 1 spells into cantrips, I guess an Arcane Trickster Trickster can use Surprise Spells to magic missile 5xSneak Dice every fight. Just a silly thing you can do.

Arcana seems too good to pass up, no skill needed on MC. R2 adds traits to everything you find, so any weapon can be Demonbane, or elemental etc. Armor too, +4 stuff turns into +6. Every party member gets multiple bonuses, and you can just respec out of it after you're bored.

And the qualities can be savescummed if desired.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Damn, it takes middle of the Ch 2 to get your chance to bully Irabeth the Green Cunt, but when you do, at last, it is so, so satisfying...

Well, at least there is a nice chance to bully Negress in her personal quest as a bonus.

PS I glad that I had not played Beta past ch1, experience is much better when you could focus on events and not on broken quests and missing assets.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Besides Meredith, have others ITT finished the game already?

Started Act 4 last night, so getting there. Still nothing game breaking yet.

Sounds like it's Act 5/6 where there is the highest chance of game breakers, so who knows how it'll go.

There are places in Act 4 where you have to step off into… the Abyss to get to seemingly inaccessible areas and other optional bosses (and sick loot) that can only be reached by Dimension Door and high skill check parkour.

It pays to explore!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
With a wizard MC, I need to fight creatures with magic resistance and resistances to fire, acid and cold (and immunity to electricity) from the very beginning of the game. This pushes me towards buffing and ground-targeted spells if I want to be effective in combat at all.
I'm playing as an electro kineticist. Didn't expect all demons which are 2/3 of all enemies in the game to be immune to electricity, my dude is pretty much standing still doing nothing in half of the fights.
That's what Ascended Element is for. It allows you to completely ignore such resistances/immunities.

Yeah use a Bow until then.
Too bad Clustered Shots don't work at all. Bugged.

You can use Magic Weapon, Greater or Holy Relic to bypass most of it. In any case that’s too early in game for it to matter much. Just buy Cold Iron Ammo. It’s cheap.

purupuru

Learned
Cairn wights randomly turn invincible in turn based and changing to rtwp fixes it. Gotta give it to owlcat for their creative bugs.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cairn wights randomly turn invincible in turn based and changing to rtwp fixes it. Gotta give it to owlcat for their creative bugs.

Is it a bug? I thought you were supposed to run and use the wand that kills them all for good.

If you kill them they just get back up anyway.

Mortmal

Arcane
Which path are you going for, Tacgnol?

I'm on Azata this playthrough. If I finish it successfully I'll probably give the game a bit of time to get patched and then try an evil playthrough.

I'd want to do a Lich next, but it sounds like the buggiest path at the moment.
While i am on it, dont pick opposing school abjuration else you cant dismiss your own aoe effect spells , they last a very long time with the absurdly high caster level you get.

Rieser

Scholar
Taking a -3 morale hit from the siege flag every day, despite not being besieged. Good ol' release state Pathfinder.

Bugs encountered so far:
- None of the animal companions that should have more than 2 attacks actually have those. For example, a Bear gets 2 claw attacks instead of 2 claw attacks + bite.

For me it only shows the claw attacks in the character tab, but the bite is there as well in-combat. It's a merc though and not my main, don't know if that matters.

Yeah, it does. On my main character (and I've made several to test), a Bear companion only has 2 claw attacks, whilst a Smilodon has 1 claw attack + bite.

Never mind, I'm dumb. I thought you were shapeshifting into a bear, that's what I was talking about. No idea if bear companion works as it should with merc (presumably it doesn't, then).

Delterius

Arcane
The key Mythic Tricks that require a high skill level from you are UMD (you gotta be able to actually use the items), Persuasion (Rank 1 is just demoralize and doesn't run on rank, so its good to have a high skill), Athletics 1 and 2 (Athletics check into Saving Throws), Mobility 3 (Mobility checks into AC), Knowledge World 1 (World Checks into boosting every other check).

If it's true that Trickster's secret metamagic feat can turn level 1 spells into cantrips, I guess an Arcane Trickster Trickster can use Surprise Spells to magic missile 5xSneak Dice every fight. Just a silly thing you can do.

Arcana seems too good to pass up, no skill needed on MC. R2 adds traits to everything you find, so any weapon can be Demonbane, or elemental etc. Armor too, +4 stuff turns into +6. Every party member gets multiple bonuses, and you can just respec out of it after you're bored.

And the qualities can be savescummed if desired.
I think Trickster benefits a shitton from re-speccing.

Mythic Rank 3 - Grab Arcana 1
Rank 4 - Grab Perception 1 and 2, grab with special trickster feats you want, respec into Arcana 2
Rank 7 - Grab Arcana 3
and, as an example, Rank 9 - respec out of Arcana 3, grab Athletics 2/Mobility 3/UMD 3/World 2

Now you have the best equipment in the world and the """AC"""/""""Saving Throws""""/Spellbook of a demigod boss tier fight regardless of class.

I also forgot to mention Trickery - the actual instakill Mythic - and Stealth. The latter's usefulness is a big of an enigma to me because it depends on wether True Sight just dispels it outright.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So did you people get past act1 yet or not? I don't see the expected complaints.

It sounds like a lot of us are on Act 4 onwards.

There doesn't seem to be many hard gamebreaking issues at that point.

Most common soft issue I see is the morale dropping due to the siege bug, but you can easily work around that by just using a cheat engine table to set morale to what it should be.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So did you people get past act1 yet or not? I don't see the expected complaints.

Most common soft issue I see is the morale dropping due to the siege bug, but you can easily work around that by just using a cheat engine table to set morale to what it should be.

The lack of complaints tells me people are either not playing on any relevant difficulty or the Codex has become so inured to modern gaming being a buggy shitshow everyone just stopped caring.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

The lack of complaints tells me people are either not playing on any relevant difficulty or the Codex has become so inured to modern gaming being a buggy shitshow everyone just stopped caring.

It really doesn't sound like there are a lot of hard gamebreakers (at least at that point in the game).

From what people have said, most of Owlcat's QA was focused on the story, so most of the bugs are with classes rather than hard story locks or the like.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If this obelisk breaks the whole barrier goes down. Amazing writing.
actually no,it makes chain reaction and blows up all the cities....it doesn't just shut down.
So, that's from Kenabres after fanta was done with the obelisk interaction:

Seriously speaking, listening to this gives me goosebumps every time.

Yeah,it is amazing how bad the writing is lol. The leaders in this game are dumber than the fucking kwan presidents.

Option 1 - send a horde of angels to beat the shit out of the demons.

Option 2 - put all those angels in rock so they could be tortured by demons.

Take a guess at which option the orange jacked guy is smiling. :lol:

I am not playing encased and just realising how shit kingmaker dialogue is. I will most likely come back in a week to finish it,but god that is one shitty game for sure. Such a great premiss that ends up in such a shit game :negative:

purupuru

Learned

Is it a bug? I thought you were supposed to run and use the wand that kills them all for good.

If you kill them they just get back up anyway.
Yes you need the wand or they come back to life. But the bug is that their hp gauge don't move at all when you damage them... It's not persistant though, sometime after being invincible for a couple rounds one of them will decide to start taking damage.
If you're talking about the Pitaxian wine cellar, that bug was supposedly patched.
Not wine cellar but I suppose it's the same bug. Guess I should open up GOG galaxy more often.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Damn, it takes middle of the Ch 2 to get your chance to bully Irabeth the Green Cunt, but when you do, at last, it is so, so satisfying...

Well, at least there is a nice chance to bully Negress in her personal quest as a bonus.
Looks like you don't want to be Owlcat's prideful samara unfair representation anymore they could brag about on social media.

Did u at least playtest Daeran romance?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This chorussina fight... Completely ridiculously difficult.
She becomes literally invincible unless you kill like 5 dudes before they can cast a spell, in a game where 'surprise round' means you only get a half action except for the person who initiated

Parabalus

Arcane
The amount of relics you get is insane, and they all take up 5 days of Diplomacy. Easily >50 days worth of busywork.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
This chorussina fight... Completely ridiculously difficult.
She becomes literally invincible unless you kill like 5 dudes before they can cast a spell, in a game where 'surprise round' means you only get a half action except for the person who initiated

It's easier to just let them summon the demon and fight that.

You get better rewards as well iirc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom