Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
On another news: our beloved Pope Amole II AKA Nerd Commando:
1. Removed his rant where he admitted hepling LNR terrorists;
2. His 3 last videos have only 360p resolution. No one told him this so far.

If anyone is interested I would advice downloading his videos by youtube-dl and watching them oiffline. I think he will have neither views nor ads this way.
Sounds like a pretty cool guy. What's his YouTube Channel url? :M

edit: is this it?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSnd6gOXMgFuKvNXXFXZsw

Be sure to like and subscribe. :M

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-9-9_22-39-29.png

:mlady::positive:

Parabalus

Arcane
How do you get to the Wounded Lands?

Zapped to Final Veil via the puzzle quest, but there's a fort here and can't find a path to reach it with the army.

Mortmal

Arcane
Meredoth in chapter 5 , do you know where is ciar ? supposed to be in the streets and he's no longer there anymore. it seems the quest is important for lich path, after upgrading the ziggurat , says to get rid of unruly advisors.

Vatnik Wumao
I like Forgotten Realms atheism better, where if you don't believe in a god, you get stuck into a giant wall that eats your soul until you cease to exist.
Well, you must be quite idiotic and deserving of your fate if you arrogantly dismiss the gods in a setting where they exist beyond any reasonable doubt for an in-setting character and where most of them do not require too much of you as an average worshipper (as opposed to a paladin/cleric/inquisitor/etc).

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Ok so I am at market, ON HARD, can I rest or I will get penalties? Also what if i leave the shadows be since they rape my ass and come back later?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Ok so I am at market, ON HARD, can I rest or I will get penalties? Also what if i leave the shadows be since they rape my ass and come back later?
You can rest, just be conscious of Corruption.

Shadows are optional.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
You can rest, just be conscious of Corruption.

Shadows are optional.

I have read here that if you take too much time exploring you will miss stuff
In Act 1, if you don't make it to some of the side areas prior to the tavern defense fight, yes you will miss some things. You can revisit all the areas afterward though.
I believe you have roughly 4 days before that triggers.

Delterius

Arcane
Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
16e9a7caeb.jpg

Welp, this makes playing a blaster wizard with Heighten Spells pretty damn ridiculous. Haven't figured out yet exactly how it activates, but just casting a single Feast of Blood on 3 enemies empowered my next cast of it. But even 2 consecutive Exsanguinte casts both got the bonus as well, so it doesn't disappear after consuming it.

This is fine.
d7a9c993bb.jpg

Fine? It’s awful. You’ve got better things to be doing in that slot by then.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Okay, all my negativity aside: Build experts! Desiderius! I want to go Necro path (Restarted from my Alchemist due to the new patch) with something like an Eldritch Knight build - Think Blackguard from DnD or PF Magus with more necro powers. What do you suggest? Bonus points if its flavorful.

Options:
For focus more on summoning but not completely sucking on melee:
Cruoromancer 6/Eldritch Knight 10/Sword Saint 4: You get a buff with +4 of constitution for your minions from Cruoromancer, what is pretty nice as the summoning perks dont work for undead. Eldritch Knight basically gives you 10 levels of fighter that counts as spellcaster levels, so you get a decent BAB and four basic attacks and if you crit, also you next spell will become a swift action, 4 levels of Sword Saint gives you +4 AC from intelligence, the ability of attacking AND casting spells on the same round. So, if you do a single crit on your turn, what isnt impossible with 4 attacks + haste and a rapier, you can do a full attack AND 2 spells on your round. Have some +concentration feats in there for those nasty attacks of opportunity;

Basically, for mages, if you wanna do some melee, you go for Eldritch Knight/Dragon Disciple/have some levels of fighter/ or some transformation into something. I prefer Eldritch Knight because multiclassing into fighter is only a good idea (if you wanna keep a decent spellcasting, if you are okay on losing spellcasting potential that is another story) is to fill the gaps necessary to get an extra attack. Also transforming into something, you basically lost a spellcaster to get another fighter and the whole point of a lich transformation is its spells.

Another possibility if you wanna go ultra minmaxed animu and focus more on spells/melee and less on summons:
1 scale fist monk/4 (Abyssal primary/Undead secondary bloodline) sorcerer/5 Dragon Disciple/10 Eldritch Knight. The advantage of this is that you will have a whooping +6 to strength that with one handed scimitars/falcatas/big two hander is pretty good damage+ AC from monk + 2 natural AC from Dragon Disciple, three attacks with Eldritch Knight and a extra spell if you crit. Also, most common undead will be vulnerable to fear if you have the undead bloodline, meaning if you get them into shaken status with fear spells for them/Dazzling display for the rest and have most of your frontline guys with shatter defenses, pretty much most of your fighters will be targetting that sweet flatfooted AC, spec them into slayers too for some sneak attack action too.

The major disadvantage here is that you will lose an extra spellcast a turn, the ability of crit touch spells consistently and you will have weaker/less undead minions.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Chapter 5 lich ritual is insanity , insane and impossible non sensical fight. Bugged , unbalanced , shitty encounter....
Again i highly suggest to not pick lich path.

Takamori

Learned
Now one thing that I get "mad" with Owlcat not implementing simple crafting rules or be able to order custom equipment from crafters, its not something hard to implement. Add X days in game, pay X amount and maybe add some quests to unlock special materials in order to build equipment.
Also why the fuck they removed halberds from the item pool?

Parabalus

Arcane
Can you finish Secrets of Creation in A3?

Can't seem to find two slabs, and I cleared the map. Can't find a path to Final Veil.

FriendlyMerchant

Now one thing that I get "mad" with Owlcat not implementing simple crafting rules or be able to order custom equipment from crafters, its not something hard to implement. Add X days in game, pay X amount and maybe add some quests to unlock special materials in order to build equipment.
Also why the fuck they removed halberds from the item pool?
I agree. Why can't they add things that were done in two or three different ways in NWN2?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom