Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Takamori

Learned
Whoever developed Blackwater encounters deserve a kick in the nuts and step on a lego. Retarded AC for everyone, miss fest for everyone.

Had to abuse of Phantasmal Rot + Phantom Web.

Sheepherder

Augur
Unholy damage is not the same as Negative, right? If a creature is immune to Negative, it should still be damaged by Unholy?

Sheepherder

Augur
It looks like the most powerful single target spell is a Bolstered Magic Missile. As far as I can tell, Bolstered Spell is bugged, instead of adding whatever damage it should be adding, at level 20 it adds 60-ish per missile. And it probably works with everything else. With QA like this, who needs mythic paths?
It's only for Magic Missile. Instead of adding +2 to each missile individually, it seems to add up the damage for the entire cast, and then adds it to the missile after. Or some other weird stuff. Any other multi-hit spell works just fine with bolster, though, so no clue what they messed up there.
Looks like it's bugged with Feast of Blood bleed damage. Adds over 60 damage to the 2d6.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Unholy damage is not the same as Negative, right? If a creature is immune to Negative, it should still be damaged by Unholy?

Yep. Unholy and negative are two different damage types. Just like positive and holy.

Lich seems bugged as shit, after picking it,

My sorcerer went from casting level 4 spells to casting level 6 spells - still kept a gigantic fuckton of casts a day - some of the spells in the lists are missing a description or are duplicates - the "repurpose" lich spell doesn't work - the gaze spell doesn't work - the skeleton champion has 10hp and only takes animal companion gear - ... etc etc

The increased caster level is not a bug. Is a feature if you merge spellbooks. As for "duplicates", it adds lich spells to your spellbook regardless of you having it before or not.

As for repurpose spell, it works. I posted a screenshot of I reanimating a freaking dragon boss. The skeleton champion can take things like armor and the unique bug which I saw is that he lost his head when you put a helmet

py7p50z.png

As for reporpose, here is a screenshot
VY85y49.png

Did you looked into the log? Maybe the effect ended or he is immune.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm almost at the end of chapter 2 and realized I've never done a full attack in RTWP.

This is not a great feeling...

Edit: seems to be bugged. The magical x5 you see in turn based mode for full attack does not appear in RTWP.

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
What in the actual fuck?

hCTNUr3.jpeg

I'm just a lvl 18 monk, and they want me to go up against that thing?
Btw, it also applies level drain everytime it hits me...

Rafidur

Learned
As for repurpose spell, it works.
Tried it on various creatures, they turned green with a dot, but fuckall happened on death.

As for my skeleton companion, he started at level 1 with modifiable gear, but after levelling him up and picking aggressor he behaved like a normal animal, locked inventory slots, can't take proficiency feats, etc. He's also stuck at level 1.

T6T4Huy.png

Jackpot

Learned
Lmao, the chieftan in Blackwater dropped her zapper attack.
ui24sbe.jpg

9KNa9ZJ.jpg

Now I just need to find a build that makes it work so I can play as a robot.

Denim Destroyer

Learned
Well I managed to take Drezen only resting 3 times, would have been two but Mihnago and Staunton were kicking my ass so I had to spend my third there. In the end I managed to get the bonus for taking the city quickly which was nice.
Also had a bit of a funny moment, during that boss fight cutscene where Mihnago jumps away my character teleported to the middle of the room. Sounds fine but I had an acid pit there so throughout the whole cutscene I had to listen to my character moan from taking damage.

Trash Player

Scholar
What in the actual fuck?
lv 18? I think you are supposed to meet it earlier. Is that on Core? Seems nerfed compared to beta.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Okay, Dirge Bard is a really bad class. Scare, Fright and a skeleton summon that only lasts as long as you play the bard song. Derp.
Dirge Bard is the only class that has both Cacophonous Call and necromancy spells. Not to mention all the OP Bard songs. That's the main selling point. Are you stupid or something?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
This game is cool and all but imagine if we were killing mummies and vampires instead of balors and succubi.
This is what - a Neutral Evil plane? AFAIK, mummies and vampires are not devils. I don't know the Planes lore about Neutral Evil; may be they are too preoccupied with themselves to participate in some grandiose schemes?
I'm talking about Pathfinder 3

cw8

Cipher
I'm still trying to finish the defense on that tavern in Ch. 1 on Core difficulty and it's a bitch when aiming for all the defenses to be kept intact from those arsonists. Respecced 4 of my party members into ranged combat and I'm using grease on enemy chokepoints and it's still a bitch.

Just use RTWP on that battle, retreat your party behind that lesbo's spear wall, get ranged characters, aim for the arsonists when they come from max ranged. The 2nd phase when the arsonists come from the roof, use a Vanish spell or invisibility to sneak one or two party members up there and kill them. Then head back and kill the big guy when he comes crashing. Finish off the last arsonists from the south gate.

Not sure y some folks want go through 70 turns and hours on that battle. You can switch turn-based to RTWP with one key.

Sharpedge

Prophet
What in the actual fuck?

hCTNUr3.jpeg

You are supposed to target its touch AC. Alternatively you can stat drain it to death. Dispel also helps a fair bit.

Vatnik Wumao
Not sure y some folks want go through 70 turns and hours on that battle. You can switch turn-based to RTWP with one key.
I'm not playing in TB mode, but I was getting overwhelmed since I had to deal with two spawn points simultaneously. Used the ranged units to kill those on the right flank (on the roofs), but after I killed the arsonist there and demons started spawning they'd get overrun while my melee fighters still had to deal with the waves coming from the front through the front gate. Kept ending up with 11 out of 12 defenses intact by the time that the large demon appeared through the back gate, so meh.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Okay, Dirge Bard is a really bad class. Scare, Fright and a skeleton summon that only lasts as long as you play the bard song. Derp.
Dirge Bard is the only class that has both Cacophonous Call and necromancy spells. Not to mention all the OP Bard songs. That's the main selling point. Are you stupid or something?

It looked like it was replacing the normal bard song - but still, necromancy isn't the greatest of schools. There are better uses for a bard.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Chapter 1: ghouls and zombies.
Chapter 2:. Ghosts and Wraiths
Chapter 3: we start rolling in the vampire minions to foreshadow vampires
Chapter 4: vampires
Chapter 5: lichs and mummy Lords
Chapter 6: Dragon lich
Bonus chapter: A vampire was behind it all secretly

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
It looked like it was replacing the normal bard song - but still, necromancy isn't the greatest of schools. There are better uses for a bard.
But the Dirge Bard's Necro spells are *in addition* to the spells you normally learn on level-up. You gain something and lose nothing.

cw8

Cipher
I'm not playing in TB mode, but I was getting overwhelmed since I had to deal with two spawn points simultaneously. Used the ranged units to kill those on the right flank (on the roofs), but after I killed the arsonist there and demons started spawning they'd get overrun while my melee fighters still had to deal with the waves coming from the front through the front gate. Kept ending up with 11 out of 12 defenses intact by the time that the large demon appeared through the back gate, so meh.

I camped everyone behind the lesbo's troop spearwall and barricade. Placed Seelah (tank) with them. They took care of the other mobs. The ranged can kill most of the arsonists from max range behind the barricade except for the ones on the roof and south gate.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I camped everyone behind the lesbo's troop spearwall and barricade. Placed Seelah (tank) with them. They took care of the other mobs. The ranged can kill most of the arsonists from max range behind the barricade except for the ones on the roof and south gate.

You really only need to guard one point to win although I don't know if you get more exp or awards if you do more

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've played the tavern defense on TB, and all I needed was 15 turns. The game even tells you that you need to focus on the arsonists. You never have to attack anything else, as due to magnificent scripting anything else will just shatter in Irabeth's wall.

I realize that first time players may fall into this trap that "I have to kill as much as possible", but you really don't.

And the minotaur is a joke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom