Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Just reached the crusader minigame and I do find it quite clunky. Meh.

Same, looks like the intern made it the week before release. Janky AF. No idea why they thought a budget HoMM lite was a good idea. I was ok with kingdom management system in first game, should have been exactly the same, just assigning generals to go do campaigning and suchlike, keep it a very limited side activity that you can mostly ignore.

This is serious decline, the need to jam random fashionable game modes into your mechanically completely different base game. All the money spent on this dumb add on could have been used for a good editor to come in and delete the fuck out of all the overbloated dialogue by removing 90% of it. Pure incline.

Vatnik Wumao
Truly a bro:
gpfyD24.png

Inside the keep at Drezen and I think I may just park my ass there and wait until the morale bug(s) in chapter 3 are fixed. Probably could try to fight through the issues but Owlcat's reasonably quick and on the ball when it comes to patching so I might be better off waiting. Having fun but I've been neglecting other games in favor of WotR anyway so this sounds like a reasonable excuse to have a hopefully brief pause.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
How can you be atheist when gods and demons exist in the world?

"I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IN YOU, SIR" - to a demon lord.

It says right in the description that they don't dispute the existence of powerful beings, just that they deserve to be worshipped or are generally different than other powerful beings. In a world where mortals have ascended to godhood, it seems perfectly sensible to me.
When you know what fate awaits if you don't pay lip service to one of them, you must be quite retarded to be an atheist tbqh.

Quite the opposite, it's the correct moral stance to not give these fake gods any lip service at all and treat them like the freak powers they are

Bloodeyes

Arcane
How about other companions did you like them from the get go or they grew on you? it took some time for me to appreciate most of them and i had similar experience with wrath

I liked Harrim, Linzi, Jaethal and Octavia right away. The rest grew on me. I'm too early in to say that won't happen with Wrath. My post should be read as initial impressions of the game, not a final judgement. They may grow on me, as in Kingmaker. But they'll have a much harder time winning me over than those companions did.

I'm not giving the Negro paladin a chance to grow on me. A negro female holy knight is too goddamn much virtue signalling for me to swallow. I'm not waiting to meet her goddamn wife or hear about her rape or whatever. She'll be replaced with the negro male cleric (his portrait has a reach weapon so he seems perfect). I will also be killing the furry companion on sight, if I get the option to. Fuck that, not even going there. Lann has the makings of a decent tank and I like the Asian chick's class and portrait. Seems very cool. Her camp dialogue isn't great but she intrigues me. They can stay for now.

Vatnik Wumao
Quite the opposite, it's the correct moral stance to not give these fake gods any lip service at all and treat them like the freak powers they are
To paraphrase a song, morality doesn't keep you fed. If you know that not doing so will result in eternal damnation and suffering, you must be either pathologically brave (and arrogant) or pathologically lacking in wit when processing the significance of such a choice.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It says right in the description that they don't dispute the existence of powerful beings, just that they deserve to be worshipped or are generally different than other powerful beings. In a world where mortals have ascended to godhood, it seems perfectly sensible to me.
When you know what fate awaits if you don't pay lip service to one of them, you must be quite retarded to be an atheist tbqh.

I'm not sure how it works in-game, if there is anything that resembles Christianity in Pathfinder - that if you sin you end up in hell and so on? I mean if demons and gods are manifesting in real life, how can you deny their power? Just seems risky when you can see with your own eyes what happens to you if you sin.

Sunri

Liturgist

I'm not sure how it works in-game, if there is anything that resembles Christianity in Pathfinder - that if you sin you end up in hell and so on? I mean if demons and gods are manifesting in real life, how can you deny their power? Just seems risky when you can see with your own eyes what happens to you if you sin.

I would go Fabius Bile from wh40k approach there are no gods and demons just parasites that feed on mortals

This is the moment of testing. The moment your hearts are weighed against the Phoenix’s feather. Are you not curious at the outcome?’

‘Not remotely. I know my worth, and I know my crimes. This court holds no jurisdiction over me.’ Fabius straightened, trying to slow his heart rate. His muscles strained against unknown pressures. It was as if he stood at the bottom of a vast ocean, and the weight of thousands of fathoms pressed down on him.

‘Its jurisdiction extends far beyond your ability to conceive, alchemist. You have committed crimes of such monstrous elegance that even the gods themselves grow uneasy. Look – see – they sit in judgement of you.’ A too-long finger drifted upwards, and Fabius followed the gesture. He looked up, and something looked down.

It was not a face, for a face was a thing of limits and angles, and what he saw had neither. It stretched as far as his eyes could see, as if it were one with the whole of the sky and the firmament above. Things that might have been eyes, or distant moons or vast constellations of stars, looked down at him, and a gash in the atmosphere twisted like a lover’s smile. It studied him from an impossible distance, and he felt the sharp edge of its gaze cut through him, layer by layer. There was pain, in that gaze, and pleasure as well. Agony and ecstasy, inextricable and inseparable.

With great effort, he tore his gaze away. ‘There is nothing there,’ he snarled, his teeth cracking against each other. His hearts stuttered, suddenly losing their rhythm. He pounded at his chest, as internal defibrillators sent a charge of electricity shrieking through him. The chirurgeon flooded his system with tranquillisers, and he tapped shakily at his vambrace. A secondary solution of mild stimulants joined the tranquillisers, stabilising him. He ignored the urge to look up. There was nothing there. Nothing at all. ‘There is nothing there,’ he said again, tasting blood. ‘There are no gods. Only cold stars and the void.’

The pressure increased. Something whispered, deep within him. It scratched at the walls of his mind, trying to catch his attention. He ignored it. ‘No gods,’ he repeated. ‘Random confluence of celestial phenomena. Interdimensional disasters, echoing outwards through our perceptions. I think, therefore I am. They do not, so they are not.’ He met the Quaestor’s bland gaze unflinchingly. ‘Gods are for the weak. I am not weak.’

The Quaestor nodded expectantly. ‘No.’

Bloodeyes

Arcane
the negro male cleric
He is gay, and with a rainbow on his breastplate. To show his pride probably
I thought he was just a cleric of Shelyn. A gay negro holy night and a female negro holy night. This really is beyond parody. I just want to play some DnD god damn it, not celebrate pride month. Custom cleric or inquisitor then. With all the diseases and stat drains I won't be able to get by without someone filling that niche.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
the negro male cleric
He is gay, and with a rainbow on his breastplate. To show his pride probably
I thought he was just a cleric of Shelyn. A gay negro holy night and a female negro holy night. This really is beyond the fucking pale. I just want to play some DnD god damn it, not celebrate pride month, Custom cleric or inquisitor then. With all the diseases and stat drains I won't be able to get by without someone filling that niche.

Yeah well you’ve got Daeran then.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Just reached the crusader minigame and I do find it quite clunky. Meh.

It’s getting closer to HoMM. Just hired my second general for the first time ever and did the old new general gets the old (good) army swapperoo.

Bloodeyes

Arcane

They believe in Gods. They just don't worship then. In Forgotten Realms, their fate is pretty harsh. Being sutck in the wall of the faithless. BTW, in NWN2:MoTB you can visit it.
More people need to remember MOTB on this board. The Codex loved it when it came out. Now it's rarely discussed.

Takamori

Learned
A query regarding the crusade, like I almost wiped all the demons in the map but I still get my moral drain from being under siege and there is no demons nearby what the fuck I should do?

Jorus

Educated
You heard it here first:

Loremaster is straight busted.

Nenio just picked up Precise Shot in her first level of Loremaster. She doesn’t have Point Blank. Natural Spell is on the list. All the possibilities have opened up.
You know I decided to check on this and I notice that you can pick the improved improve critical from the combat list, now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a Trickster related feat from the mythic perception?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom