Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Re. busted, the good Pope has done a quick vid on all the things that are busted. Winter Witch, some aspects of Bloodrager, Loremaster, Student of War, Cavalier and a few other bits and pieces.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A query regarding the crusade, like I almost wiped all the demons in the map but I still get my moral drain from being under siege and there is no demons nearby what the fuck I should do?
Edit your save, it's bugged.
how I do that?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder..._to_fix_act_2_morale_bug_by_messing_with_the/

You can also use the cheat engine table if you don't feel like messing with saves.
https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=17283

Vatnik Wumao
Once again, fuck the crusading mechanic (see number of turns).
u8YyJGv.png

Takamori

Learned
Had to put down Camelia for being a murderous cunt, weird that none of the companions asked about her or whereabouts

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
u8YyJGv.png

I still can't believe those unit icons. Who the fuck designs icons for STRATEGY units by slapping 24mm focal length selfies? It's fucking disgusting and lowest of the low effort.
Sorry pal, there was no stretch goal for better icons :lol: The age we live in, eh?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Game has too much bullshit in it that gets in-between the good parts. I like the maps that are large and have multiple things in them like the market square, swarm place, lich place, grey warden but all the little shit gets in the way. Pathfinder had a lot of optional and small maps but I felt like you got to actually play the game a lot more. Kingdom management and crusade management suck because they keep you from doing the good shit. And having to travel back and forth just wastes time I could spend dungeon delving. Game needs some purifying and chunks just need to be ripped out.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The evil characters were better in BG2 as well, apparently that's where the writers get to have fun. I wish I could have Korgan in every fantasy RPG. Especially in BG3.

Last edited:

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
How can you be atheist when gods and demons exist in the world?

"I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IN YOU, SIR" - to a demon lord.

Read the in-game lore about it. Atheist accept that they exist, they just refute that they're anything more than powerful beings wielding powers that are simply not explainable yet. They refuse to attribute them any mystical status.

"Atheism is the rejection of the gods. Rather than outright disbelieving in gods whose existence is a matter of hard fact, atheists in Golarion instead deny that the gods are truly divine and thus not deserving of worship or blind faith."

More people need to remember MOTB on this board. The Codex loved it when it came out. Now it's rarely discussed.

Because there is nothing left to discuss; if you don't like MoTB, you're wrong.

Last edited:

Mauman

Learned
How can you be atheist when gods and demons exist in the world?

"I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IN YOU, SIR" - to a demon lord.

It says right in the description that they don't dispute the existence of powerful beings, just that they deserve to be worshipped or are generally different than other powerful beings. In a world where mortals have ascended to godhood, it seems perfectly sensible to me.
When you know what fate awaits if you don't pay lip service to one of them, you must be quite retarded to be an atheist tbqh.

Quite the opposite, it's the correct moral stance to not give these fake gods any lip service at all and treat them like the freak powers they are

I'm not sure how it works in-game, if there is anything that resembles Christianity in Pathfinder - that if you sin you end up in hell and so on? I mean if demons and gods are manifesting in real life, how can you deny their power? Just seems risky when you can see with your own eyes what happens to you if you sin.

EVERYBODY goes before Pharasma when you die. No exceptions. Disbelieve all you like, it'll do no good. If you worship a particular god your soul will be sent to the plane that god exists. If you don't, your soul is sent to plane that your actions/alignment would match.

Since Angels, Azata, etc are born from souls, that means ironically you end up serving the gods on the plane that you were sent to in some fashion.

The gods always win unless you ascend yourself.

Robber Baron

Savant
The evil characters were better in BG2, apparently that's where the writers get to have fun. I wish I could have Korgan in every fantasy RPG. Especially in BG3.

Once I finished Grey Garrison I had a thought, "Yep, this is it. Finally, something that can stand on equal grounds with BG2". And then,BAM - bootleg HOMM minigame. If they allow something of this quality in the game, then there'so no hope for whatever lies ahead.

Israfael

Arcane
Because there is nothing left to discuss; if you don't like MoTB, you're wrong.
Belief / Disbelief in gods was actually discussed in MotB, I don't know if our Romanian comrade played it, I think the logic is quite clearly described there (by Myrkul himself, no less). In any case, in FR pantheon there's only one true god (Ao), everyone else is replacable and basically just a glorified cog in the universe's machine (which can be destroyed by a mortal either by sheer power (Karsus), guile (Myrkul, Bane etc winning their godhoods in a dice game or w/e) or just sheer luck (the events of transition between 2e->3e). Why believe in deities that can be erased by a powerful enough wizard or who are generally weaker than something like Ioulaum or another super old lich.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant

u8YyJGv.png

As soon as you can, buy lots of archery ranges and recruit a stack of marksmen. For me, a big stack of them does 10 times the damage of a similarly sized unit of hellknights and they're pretty cheap. Might have to choose 'sharpshooters' that Regill suggests during an upgrade meeting in Drezen to unlock them as units.

Make sure you get heal wounds on your generals ASAP. Try to get prayer as well. Also, the one that adds to unit cap.

All the 'trap' type abilities for generals seem crap.

Most of the direct damage abilities are rubbish, too.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
The evil characters were better in BG2, apparently that's where the writers get to have fun. I wish I could have Korgan in every fantasy RPG. Especially in BG3.

Once I finished Grey Garrison I had a thought, "Yep, this is it. Finally, something that can stand on equal grounds with BG2". And then,BAM - bootleg HOMM minigame. If they allow something of this quality in the game, then there'so no hope for whatever lies ahead.
They'll fix it a bit, then mods will fix it a bit, and it will be fine. In the worst case it can be rebalance-modded out of being a concern.

And I disagree on the logic. The minigame is a discrete mini-project within the project, not representative of the stuff outside of it. I guess the RPG proper would have been better if the minigame didn't exist, same as the case with Deadfire, but it's too late.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Game has too much bullshit in it that gets in-between the good parts. I like the maps that are large and have multiple things in them like the market square, swarm place, lich place, grey warden but all the little shit gets in the way. Pathfinder had a lot of optional and small maps but I felt like you got to actually play the game a lot more. Kingdom management and crusade management suck because they keep you from doing the good shit. And having to travel back and forth just wastes time I could spend dungeon delving. Game needs some purifying and chunks just need to be ripped out.

I'm still in the second chapter as I'm playing it leisurely waiting for the patches, but the movement speed in the world map is so fucking painfully slow, it's like designed to piss players off. Thankfully you can adjust the movement speed with Toy Box mod, I doubled the movement speed and the world map became more tolerable in an instant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom