Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

CharacterNik

Novice
I am playing full Science/Speech build . I have two companions and can't recruit more. Can't find perk or skill to expand my party. Limit is two companions?

Sykar

Arcane
I am playing full Science/Speech build . I have two companions and can't recruit more. Can't find perk or skill to expand my party. Limit is two companions?

It should be 3 afaik.

how bugged is this game on a scale from 1 (underrail) --to-->10 (Pathfinder: Kingmaker)

I have not noticed any serious bugs. Some occasional weird clipping, one group of enemies attacked me through a closed door once and some spelling errors or spelling that did not 100% match what the narrator said. Nothing that broke my game so far though of course that does not mean it might not exist.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I started this yesterday and the loot bloat already bothered me right off the bat. You hit the highlight shortcut and 1 million objects show up. You can even pick dirt from plant pots. That's something I hate more with each passing day. It's such a lazy design that only amounts to busywork and pollutes the screen. It's always been there in RPGs but I feel it became more popular after F3 and Skyrim. As always, Bethesda is in the Vanguard of shit game design, and retarded devs copy it just because.

Despite this big red flag for me, the game's been enjoyable so far. I like the setting and it looks like the RPG systems give you a lot to play with. My only gripe besides the loot thing is that I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and am finding it not that hard. I'm still at the beginning though, so hopefully it'll change later.

Sykar

Arcane
I started this yesterday and the loot bloat already bothered me right off the bat. You hit the highlight shortcut and 1 million objects show up. You can even pick dirt from plant pots. That's something I hate more with each passing day. It's such a lazy design that only amounts to busywork and pollutes the screen. It's always been there in RPGs but I feel it became more popular after F3 and Skyrim. As always, Bethesda is in the Vanguard of shit game design, and retarded devs copy it just because.

Despite this big red flag for me, the game's been enjoyable so far. I like the setting and it looks like the RPG systems give you a lot to play with. My only gripe besides the loot thing is that I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and am finding it not that hard. I'm still at the beginning though, so hopefully it'll change later.

God beware you acutally have to pay attention of what to pick up maybe put some RPG considerations into of whether your character would actually sift through garbage or not. Lazy? Not anymore than Fallout 1+2 which had its fair share of useless trash items. Yeah the game highlights objects you can interact with. Why is that bad again? But let me guess you were one of those... "geniuses" who thought they have to exhaust every little line of dialogue with Bumblefuck Pigfarmer in Morrowind and were surprised that the dialogue was kinda repetetive. :lol:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I guess that means you need high AP and probably either melee or hand to hand combat skills both of which provide some heavy fatigue damage. Also sneaking past is probably preferable.
NonL is just inferior and badly designed. A sneak teaser shot should make people unconscious,also it should be perma down or something. It makes a nonL a whole build at this point.

The game is harder than Fallout imo at least when comparing normal difficulties. What you need is not so much AP, though that is of course needed as well, but also AoE against groups. I restarted my psionic power armor wearing scientist and all I changed was getting the fire PSI glove for that juice flame thrower ability and suddenly fights became noticable more doable. The drawback is that the ability wears you out quickly but that is what I love about psionics in this game, they have a real drawback.
Never played with them,i just use the crossbow for spam kills. I would have preferred to have a custom difficulty like in pissfinder,i want harder enemy and encounters but i also want the bonus for inventory space. It is pretty annoying.

Jrpgfan

Erudite

God beware you acutally have to pay attention of what to pick up maybe put some RPG considerations into of whether your character would actually sift through garbage or not. Lazy? Not anymore than Fallout 1+2 which had its fair share of useless trash items. Yeah the game highlights objects you can interact with. Why is that bad again? But let me guess you were one of those... "geniuses" who thought they have to exhaust every little line of dialogue with Bumblefuck Pigfarmer in Morrowind and were surprised that the dialogue was kinda repetetive. :lol:

Not only there's junk everywhere(way more than in classic fallouts), there's very few hand placed loot in the game. If that's up your alley you have a really shit taste, which explains why devs keep pushing that shit in modern RPGs. Otherwise you're just a fanboy sucking your current favorite dev's cock.

Expeditions devs learned with their mistakes and are going to remove it in Rome. Hopefully this game's devs also see the light and change their ways in their next game(assuming it will sell enough to warrant them enough money to make another one).

cpmartins

Cipher
Absolutely lovely game. I was doubtful after they removed the expanded prologue and after the whole "firing/quit" debacle but I stand corrected. The game so far is amazing.
Heavy on the multiple solutions path for quests up to where I've played, combat is fine if you're not a tacticsfag (which I am) but still enjoyable as a gimped nerd guy.
And the artists are into some memetic warfare:

No idea what this is from, but I'm 90% sure I've seen this one before.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I've noticed.

Last edited:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
No idea what this is from, but I'm 90% sure I've seen this one before.
GameSpy_-_Logo.png

Maybe?

Shadenuat

Arcane
The loot system is hilarious junk. But I am Arcanum trashbin connoisseur and need all this to craft my grenades and other items, which provide me with extra xp, so I can use that, to take perks, that give xp, for crafting items, to get more xp, to increase my skills, to craft more items, with that 200+ solo Learning bonus.

Kill 1 robot, get 2 level ups right away, 12000 xp
m75ffTj.png

A trash hyena encounter you say? Yes plz, they give more than 1000 xp/body. Pew pew.

The game at the moment suffers from the same problem as any other fallout like game,lack of AP.

Upgraded guns reduce their AP per shot I think. But RK47 grenades build is always useful. Probably also drugz.

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
loot bloat
Yeah,they did overdid it when it comes to loot containers,also it have that stupid looting everything without consequences thing,where you just enter someone's hovel and steal his relics and he is all ok mate.

Not to mention that it's a fucking waste of resources making stuff like plant pots interactable and making useless loot that isn't even worth any money. I can't fathom their train of thought on this. "We're an indie dev with limited resources. Let's make our only programmer(idk how many they have btw, it's just an example) allow plant ponts to be interactable and our only artist to make the art for dirt, because there's nothing else more important for them to work on". In the meanwhile, I see devs like Vault Dweller and the guys at ITS commenting on every update about having to cut stuff even more meaningful than that to save resources and time, and stressing the importance of it. If only more devs followed the example...

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
isnt most crpgs now a days full of bad itemization?

Games that just VOMIT loot at you from the get-go. ONE trash mob dead? WELL WELL, have 9 pieces of loot, why fucking dont ya?
why? Because FUCK YOU.

Cant honestly think of a single crpg that didnt have loot bloat, and just loot mini-game bonanza.

Every fucking game has it, and its annoying as fuck.

D:OS 2 is the worst offender of this by far. but man... carpel tunnel right up the ass.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game at the moment suffers from the same problem as any other fallout like game,lack of AP. It is pretty annoying when you are fighting a bunch of enemies,makes it in to a waiting game. Have no idea why people say that combat is too easy,at higher difficutly you could find challenge.

Yeah, I'm getting my ass handed to me. I'm just out of the tutorial and everything so far has been too menacing for me.

You hit the highlight shortcut and 1 million objects show up

I recommend only setting it to highlight important stuff. It is way better for the good old OCD.

cpmartins

Cipher

Games that just VOMIT loot at you from the get-go. ONE trash mob dead? WELL WELL, have 9 pieces of loot, why fucking dont ya?
why? Because FUCK YOU.

Cant honestly think of a single crpg that didnt have loot bloat, and just loot mini-game bonanza.

D:OS 2 is the worst offender of this by far. but man... carpel tunnel right up the ass.
The most loot I've had from an enemy was 3, from a rat. All of them trash I didn't pick because I have 1 muscle. Does it get worse?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Robert Heinlein

Hm?

++++
Is there a way to turn off narrator? He is so annoying. I could bear other voiceover - it's OK at the beginning, but narrator is too intrusive.

What I have seen so far - arrived under the dome, broke a 200 hp door with 1 Str unarmed attack, got thrown in da jail where my hands glowed, alarm sounds was heard, and my @ died. :lol:

Sykar

Arcane

why? Because FUCK YOU.

You will be hard pressed to find more than 1-2 items on a body so this is all overblown.

Jinn

Arcane
also it have that stupid looting everything without consequences thing,where you just enter someone's hovel and steal his relics and he is all ok mate.

Yes and no. You can far too frequently do this, which I also dislike, but there are quite a number of situations where you can't and an NPC will get pissed at you. There is a crime system, particular in more civilised areas in the game, but even that is too lax. They had the foundation for a great system here, but kind of squandered it. Same with stealth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom