Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake from Aspyr officially announced

jungl

Augur
old republic was mostly a story fag game. It can't be that hard to do the remake justice and improve upon the original. The small neverwinter nights corridor maps and the atrocious combat difficulty a goldfish can master can all be done better.

Don't give these grifters money. Blowing all this money on a remake instead a proper sequel screams laziness.
I agree, the fact they say remake instead of remaster... fuck that. and then there's that writer they hired... holy shitballs.:negative: Not even our Skyway in the sky would play this 7 times.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
No Avellone, no party.

I;m making the following prediciton: Carth Onasi- gay male companion, Bastila- bisexual strong woman with biceps bigger than prime Arnold, Hk-47 voiced by a trans and Canderous Ordo- toxic male companion.

You just know the remake will be full of woke propaganda.
Don't forget that Revan will now be canonically female because the force is female and only the strongest force users can be female according to Disney and KK.
What amazes me is how much the game industry hates it's core audience. The core audience for most video games is of course men. The industry doesn't want to make games for men anymore. They instead want to pander to women (and not women like me who hate this woke shit but to the type of women who bitch about men on Twitter all day and have the problem glasses and mental illness haircut in real life, basically women like Sam Maggs) faggots and troons. Which is funny because those three groups despise video games and don't play them. From a pure business standpoint this is industry suicide to cater to this phantom audience. I do find it funny though that these idiots think that this phantom audience is real and will make their game a billion dollar hit only for reality to not conform. Almost like Twitter isn't real life.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Revan wears female Mandalorian armor so should have been canonically female to start with. As it is now, he's a canon crossdresser. :M

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Revan wears female Mandalorian armor so should have been canonically female to start with. As it is now, he's a canon crossdresser. :M
Like another armored space warrior in the beginning?
nes_metroid.jpg

No Avellone, no party.

I;m making the following prediciton: Carth Onasi- gay male companion, Bastila- bisexual strong woman with biceps bigger than prime Arnold, Hk-47 voiced by a trans and Canderous Ordo- toxic male companion.

Don't forget that Revan will now be canonically female because the force is female and only the strongest force users can be female according to Disney and KK.
What amazes me is how much the game industry hates it's core audience. The core audience for most video games is of course men. The industry doesn't want to make games for men anymore. They instead want to pander to women (and not women like me who hate this woke shit but to the type of women who bitch about men on Twitter all day and have the problem glasses and mental illness haircut in real life, basically women like Sam Maggs) faggots and troons. Which is funny because those three groups despise video games and don't play them. From a pure business standpoint this is industry suicide to cater to this phantom audience. I do find it funny though that these idiots think that this phantom audience is real and will make their game a billion dollar hit only for reality to not conform. Almost like Twitter isn't real life.

You don't understand the perspective of billionaire producers. They look at demographics that consumes their media and try to locate something called growth demographics. They assume core demographic will buy their products no matter what (sadly there are right), and then try to pander to growth demographic. It wouldn't be bad in itself, however they are incompetent, greedy capitalists so they inevitably mess it up. They think that the mere inclusion of woman will make movies/games attractive to them, because they believe people to be inherently stupid and easy to manipulate. Rather than take a risk and create new IP, they prefer to use their old, overused IP.

The worst thing is that they are like always failing upwards. They failed to make their franchises attractive to woman? Maybe, but they managed to trick people into thinking it's woman fault their products are shit, so rather than blame the billionaires many starts to blame woman. This is just a pretty standard divide et impera tactic, now people are divided and fighting against each other. The worse that could happen to producers would be people realizing that it's them and their greed that is the root cause of movies and games being shit. This may lead to everyone coming together and dividing their monopolies up. This had happened before and will happen again, so don't worry, have hope.

Naraya

Arcane

I wouldn't be so sure about all that. I watch twitch quite a lot (usually in the background of what I'm otherwise doing) and I see this pretty much constantly when browsing... What I'm trying to say is that it's way more popular than you think. That, or twitch has an agenda (which is completely plausible IMO).

OLLyruf.png

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The alternative to making Revan female is to make her male, assuming that this needs to be specified at all, which to me seems like a bad idea in the first place but whatever. The point is, I'm not sure how it would be better to have them make Revan a man because market research shows man play most games and man likes to play as man. It's still an ulterior motive and would probably result in an equally bland product.

J1M

Arcane
No Avellone, no party.

When production sizes reach a certain number of people it is impossible to maintain a homogeneous group and the product falls prey to focus groups and marketing trends.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
I wouldn't be so sure about all that. I watch twitch quite a lot (usually in the background of what I'm otherwise doing) and I see this pretty much constantly when browsing... What I'm trying to say is that it's way more popular than you think. That, or twitch has an agenda (which is completely plausible IMO).

OLLyruf.png

I don't know which one of those 3 is more degenerate.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
I wonder, how many times it needs to be nailed into the heads of Western feminists like Sam Maggs but most women around the world are not feminists and hate feminism. I mean, feminism in Afghanistan didn't fail because the Taliban took over, no, it failed because the women there saw Western feminism as man hating degeneracy and saw the Taliban as liberators for saving them from corruption and degeneracy. Likewise, most Western women aren't feminist. Sure, maybe many are when they are young and retarded but once they hit 30 that biological clock starts to tick for many and they want to settle down with a man and bear his children. I have seen it happen a lot from girls from my old high school. They used to go on about hating men and how they will be free and never settle down nor bear any brats who will tie them down only for them to become stay at home moms with 2-3 kids before they hit 30. Most begin to see what a crock of shit feminism is after the first kid is born. Especially if that kid is a son. Ex-feminist mommies are really protective and defensive of their sons. They don't want them to be treated the same way they used to treat men. The only women that hang on to feminism past their 30's are:
1. Delusional women who lie to themselves that the cause is worth everything. It is kind of like those Japanese soldiers who still kept fighting even after WW2 ended.
2. LGBTQXWPDRE+++++ women who aren't attracted to men so it is easier for them to hate them. Also, since these women won't bear children and are genetic dead ends they don't have to worry about a biological clock getting in the way of their delusional beliefs or proving it wrong.

I mean, Jesus Christs, every time these delusional feminists open their mouths and say "Actually most women are feminists and we are going to prove you evil men wrong when our game/piece of consumer entertainment is a hit" only for me to be like that Sponge Bob meme saying; "How many times do we need to teach you a lesson old man?".

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why do the characters always have to be Jedi anyway? Why can't they do a non Force user for a change, fookin magefags ruin everything.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Don't forget that Revan will now be canonically female

Wasn't Revan already "canonised" as female by that EA's Star Wars MMO? Or was it the player character in KOTOR II?

Of course for me canon is what was at the time of publishing the game, how the game itself referred to these characters, and how most players then (and now) played them (as men, since most players were and are men), all of which point to these characters being men as well.

And I say that as someone who would not even mind them being women, as I find Kreia to be definitely the best character of the Star Wars universe (and beyond).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why do the characters always have to be Jedi anyway? Why can't they do a non Force user for a change, fookin magefags ruin everything.

Agree 100%. I would love a Star Wars with some kind of shady character that mostly use blasters. Or maybe play as an imperial agent. Always the force, FORCING me to ditch the cool laser weapons.

Freakydemon

Educated
KOTOR 1 was a bad game, they'd have to do a complete rewrite of the story, most companions & rework the entire combat system. Best case scenario they can make an average game out of it.

J1M

Arcane

Agree 100%. I would love a Star Wars with some kind of shady character that mostly use blasters. Or maybe play as an imperial agent. Always the force, FORCING me to ditch the cool laser weapons.
There really isn't much to the Star Wars IP of interest outside of the Jedi.

Black

Arcane
Personally the whole jedi and force thing makes soi wars uninteresting. Woo, good knights vs evil wizards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom