Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

razvedchiki

Erudite
is it worthy to spec in them heavy weapons? i want them but i also want the light ones plus grenades.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/2957165219743369675

ENCASED - Hotfix 1
Game version: 1.0.910.0055
20% discount, new trailer and first post-release hotfix

Since the release of Encased, we have been actively collecting your feedback and working on fixing bugs - both critical and minor - which are impacting the game experience. An updated version is already available for download. If you’ve not got the game yet, we have a release discount of 20%. You can find out more about the final version in our newest trailer.

Below is the list of fixes. Some notes may contain small spoilers.
Gameplay
  • Fatigue recovery increased threefold with all bed types
  • The frequency of attacks on settlements has been significantly reduced
  • Corrected the description of the "Dawn" relic
  • Description of the Atox stimulator has been changed
  • Added progression for buttstrokes
  • Fixed being able to equip the Servoshell while in a Servoshell

Quests and Events
  • Fixed the position of the Maelstrom beacon in the First Settlers Camp
  • Fixed Influence check in dialogue with Pepper
  • Fixed completing the "Against All Protocols" quest in case of Monty James’ death
  • Fixed some checks in the "Help me" quest
  • Fixed some endings

Transport
  • Reworked mechanics of "The Return of Ursula" quest
  • Using the car in the prologue now does not add Fatigue to the character and cannot cause death from it
  • The interaction with the Hog loaders has been temporarily changed

UI/UX
  • Clicking the "Store All" button now does not close the container window
  • Clicking the "Store All" button is accompanied by a sound event
  • Esc button correctly closes game windows
  • Improved the responsiveness of clicking on buttons in the quick access panel on the right side of the screen
  • Changed time preview in the time skip window

Translation and Voiceover
  • Added many missing translations Note: already improved but still being worked on is the version for Chinese (Simplified)
  • Added Fox voiceover in the Russian version of the game
  • Voiceover bugs fixed; narrator lines added in the English version of the game
  • Fixed subtitles in the intro cutscene
  • Fixed greetings and goodbyes for some characters

Status effects
  • Changed the "Restless" status effect

Enemies
  • Fixed burning skeleton (added name and description - Pyro-Skeleton)
  • Fixed incorrect behavior of necroids in combat

Bugs and Errors
  • Fixed infinite loading when exiting to main menu in the Nashville cave
  • Fixed several types of freezes
  • Fixed access to shelves in Magellan's library
  • Fixed access to some objects on the Abandoned Film Set
  • Fixed the ladder leading from the sewers to the destroyed parking lot in Nashville
  • Fixed freezing when pickpocketing from a character at Concord station
  • Fixed problems with game launching on systems with some types of oriental calendars

Miscellaneous
  • Changed the appearance of Clara Morgan in the Unknown Place event
  • Fixed portraits and appearance of some characters
  • Added story illustrations

Cromwell

Arcane
I am looking for better psi gloves but I cant find anything in Magellan Station, did I overlook something or is there no npc that sells these?

jackofshadows

Magister
The frequency of attacks on settlements has been significantly reduced
Yeah, raids were pretty obnoxious.
Reworked mechanics of "The Return of Ursula" quest
Interesting. I did it already, wonder what's there to change, just a tiny ok quest.

Overall the game plays like it still in the EA. Especially in the new big locations, to say they're half-baked would be generous. Like there's no music track for Phalanx base. Not a unique one, just any. Another example of an EA game which get slapped a release badge and was thrown on the counter.
is it worthy to spec in them heavy weapons? i want them but i also want the light ones plus grenades.
The problem with them that most have mech damage type which isn't great. Still, viable.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
put voiceover to 0.

It will shut down all voiceover rigth? I sorta OK with everything except narrator.

Overall the game plays like it still in the EA.

Yep, as with every release last 5 years and end infinite into the fuchche. People on rutracker said that release version have amost no differences with previous.

Here starts re-downloading saga, bitch... I need to buy game asap.

Last edited:

Mark Richard

Arcane
Cars for players, custom portraits and walk toggle are coming - news from Encased Discord
This is why I'm holding off for now. The day after I start playing they're going to announce a huge update or something. It's a game in itself of who blinks first. I waited out Shadow Tactics for five years before they finally relented and announced an expansion. Germans are sneaky like that. These Russians won't get the better of me eith- who said that?! Mad? I ain't mad. Merely a responsible consumer in an irresponsible world. So help me god, I will have that collector's edition.

PrettyDeadman

5 gigabyte quick fix nice
in my time quickfixes were like 2-5 megabyte.
how much will patch weight? 5 terrabytes?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
I would recommend it to everyone who went servoshell route because you can use the jetpack to avoid climbing stairs. Its great for combat too.

I ran out of jet pack in the ruined sewers of nashville just now, didn't know it was limited use. Where do we get servoshell?

In Magellan garage, open some door and rescue someone. Then go to black wing floor and get a quest from of the guys you rescued

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Do you get a storage space in a car like fallout or do i have to dump that shit in some container?

Found the ''personal chest'' in the first Gas station you visit from the tutorial location Comrade it was there once i returned from Nashville although the map was changed I think its very asshole move to take your power armor cause muh too small exit... It also looks very much like Atom one btw.
Haven't noticed that chest lol,will check it out. I just splashed them in some random boxes there. Also i never use power armour,it makes games boring. Stealth is far too op at the moment. I just use that crossbow and spam hit them from stealth and they die.

The game at the moment suffers from the same problem as any other fallout like game,lack of AP. It is pretty annoying when you are fighting a bunch of enemies,makes it in to a waiting game. Have no idea why people say that combat is too easy,at higher difficutly you could find challenge.

The game is harder than Fallout imo at least when comparing normal difficulties. What you need is not so much AP, though that is of course needed as well, but also AoE against groups. I restarted my psionic power armor wearing scientist and all I changed was getting the fire PSI glove for that juice flame thrower ability and suddenly fights became noticable more doable. The drawback is that the ability wears you out quickly but that is what I love about psionics in this game, they have a real drawback.

Using skills also costs fatigue, particularly if you're a psyker. This is on top of the normal drain.

Fatigue gain feels fine, it's just hunger/thirst gain and fatigue recovery from sleep feel too low. Not playing a psyker but I can only imagine they need to drink vast quantities of Energon.

Yes, we do. It is also my most bought and sought after item alongside coffee. And cigarettes!

Level contraptions. They are really fun and the ultimate bomb seems stupendously good

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Contraption tree is all about utility and its really fun. I would recommend it to everyone who went servoshell route because you can use the jetpack to avoid climbing stairs. Its great for combat too.
Well fuck, they changed it. You cant use the jetpack while inside the servoshell. POOPZOR!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Let's hope they sell enough copies (neither too much nor too litle) so that Encased gets expanded and refined and next game be even better. Yesterday I asked Devs on Discord, and they said they're still 100% independent. Encased, ATOM and Stoneshard are 3 Russian RPG studios that should be on every Codexer's radar. No wonder they make good and based games, devs from all three studios post on Codex. Owlcats don't. Enough said

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
My only worry for good indie devs is: how weak are they to SteamBabies tears. How fast will they nerf their mechanics to the point of them becoming meaningless, just so Robert, NY, ze/zer, won't leave negative review

For example: Why NPCs barely react to you stealing their items? Because SteamBabies and Discord trannies complained how they can't loot everything without consequences. I mean even here, in this very thread, you have retards who complain that when you press ALT, small million of interactive things or lootable items appear which leads to his nerveous breakdown because he doesn't have enough capacity to loot everything. Do you listen to yourself sometimes? Nigga...just don't press ALT. And don't loot everything like it's IV Crusade. Problem gone

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
AAwpjmJ.png

My char: what are you doing working in male profession woman its 1976 there was very little womhyn mechanics and truck drivers back there... heck there is very little of them even now. Well at least she has no danger hair and tattoos.

Game is very fun so far got to the Stop, fixed everything executed all the criminal scum robbers cause its not 2021 Kwanzania and found cool riffle.

Not sure if my char is not too Jack of all trades but checked synergies and you don't need more of 6 or 7 to get them, I like all those synergies like 6 in strength giving you acess to intimidation or 6 in fortune better loot later on in survival tree those perks are even better than in Trutograd.

P.S. Noticed that game lacks kneeling animation, its bit cheap to not add it to be honest but hope they will fix it in patch.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
My only worry for good indie devs is: how weak are they to SteamBabies tears. How fast will they nerf their mechanics to the point of them becoming meaningless, just so Robert, NY, ze/zer, won't leave negative review

you have retards who complain that when you press ALT, small million of interactive things or lootable items appear which leads to his nerveous breakdown because he doesn't have enough capacity to loot everything. Do you listen to yourself sometimes? Nigga...just don't press ALT. And don't loot everything like it's IV Crusade. Problem gone

Never said that. I rarely loot junk in RPGs, unless it's needed. My char has 1 strength and hasn't even reached half his encumbrance limit yet. I just said that placing random junk everywhere is shit design. Because it is shit design. You are just polluting the screen and making it easier for the player to miss the relevant stuff in the middle of all the junk with no real benefit in exchange. This game has its qualities but itemization is not one of them. Besides, there's barely any hand placed item, and those I've found were uninspiring at best. So far it's been very unfulfilling in that regard.

This is a trend pushed by mainstream devs like Bethesda and Larian btw. For some reason their audience likes being able to loot used toilet paper from trash bins and other useless stuff. I'd appreciate if indie devs stopped copying them because the reason I play their games is because they don't have the need to cater to that audience.

Terenty

Liturgist
Dunno, the game kinda has that "been there, done that" feeling to it and plays on autopilot for lack of a better word. Enemies die like flies, sometimes you get these gated skill checks ala New Vegas, where no matter how you specced you're still gonna pass something without much trouble.

The setting is not very original too. Granted i'm only in the first base with zombie scientists, but still.

Oh and the art style is straight out of Prey

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Since game have no combat challenges, I decide to make "access all content" build and made 10 Perception/Int/Cha/Psy build.
Luck aslo looks like it could uncover content, but oh well...

agris

Arcane
Patron
I started this yesterday and the loot bloat already bothered me right off the bat. You hit the highlight shortcut and 1 million objects show up. You can even pick dirt from plant pots. That's something I hate more with each passing day. It's such a lazy design that only amounts to busywork and pollutes the screen. It's always been there in RPGs but I feel it became more popular after F3 and Skyrim. As always, Bethesda is in the Vanguard of shit game design, and retarded devs copy it just because.

Despite this big red flag for me, the game's been enjoyable so far. I like the setting and it looks like the RPG systems give you a lot to play with. My only gripe besides the loot thing is that I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and am finding it not that hard. I'm still at the beginning though, so hopefully it'll change later.

God beware you acutally have to pay attention of what to pick up maybe put some RPG considerations into of whether your character would actually sift through garbage or not. Lazy? Not anymore than Fallout 1+2 which had its fair share of useless trash items. Yeah the game highlights objects you can interact with. Why is that bad again? But let me guess you were one of those... "geniuses" who thought they have to exhaust every little line of dialogue with Bumblefuck Pigfarmer in Morrowind and were surprised that the dialogue was kinda repetetive. :lol:

Not only there's junk everywhere(way more than in classic fallouts), there's very few hand placed loot in the game. If that's up your alley you have a really shit taste, which explains why devs keep pushing that shit in modern RPGs. Otherwise you're just a fanboy sucking your current favorite dev's cock.

Expeditions devs learned with their mistakes and are going to remove it in Rome. Hopefully this game's devs also see the light and change their ways in their next game(assuming it will sell enough to warrant them enough money to make another one).

I haven’t played it yet, but as-described: this type of loot system is absolutely garbage. Sykar your point about self-control I kinda get, but why populate the game with literal dirt if it does nothing. How does that advance the RP side of things?

Again I haven’t played it yet so maybe there’s an angle I don’t appreciate, but this sounds horrible.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I finally started this game. I apparently took the wrong car when leaving the starting location and they murdered me, and my last save was 45 minutes earlier before all of the tutorials.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
there's very few hand placed loot in the game
Hmmm that is not true. A lot of it is about container type,you won't find a nuke in the plant container or trash one. All the janitor containers have set type of loot in them. Also there quite a lot of hand placed loot too. Fallout have a lot more random loot than this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom