Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Mortmal

Arcane
s there any reason to play this thing if it isnt to power game the shit out of it?

Power fantasy. The point of this game is to be a power fantasy where you can be the master of life and death and make people who wronged you obedient undeads.

just kidding. Is interesting how liches are all about powerful necromantic spells and Azatas in other hands, are all about having powerful companions and supporting your companions. The havoc dragon companion can have a caster level of 35 in end game...
yeah but at the end with the slog of encounters they throw at you you sure feel not powerful at all.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
6-1630775550-1311482633.jpeg

This seems about right for Wrath. Same vibe and quality, really.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Did they increase the size of the maps that you adventure on or is it still postage stamp sized?
I remember your post! Okay. I managed to snag a screeonshot of later dungeon from my friend's stream of the game.
It looks about the same to me.

It's nowhere near the size of the dungeon I showed. That's maybe one eighth of the size.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Depends on if you want WIS-to-AC or CHR-to-AC. Some people take the splash just for Crane Wing.

It was bad in P:K since it was all defense (actually gives you -2 to hit) and slowed down your class development but it’s way worse in Wrath because it has less item support and the alternatives (actually wearing armor) have better.

For something like Eldritch Scion it can be decent since you’ve got the open hand for Crane Wing and want a lot of CHR. I’m playing Aldori Swordlord where theoretically it would be perfect but I’d rather wear this 9AC Mithril Chain that gives me +4 dam when I’m flanking.

I'm mostly asking because I'm playing to do an Aeon run with a Quarterstaff Master Monk, and by looking at their class rankings the sub-class seems to be in an OK ranking (worth the 12 levels of it, but after that I wouldn't know where to go from that in my build)

C'mon man, literally everything about that class scales by class level. How can people miss this? Their rankings are garbage. Everyone's are at this point, there hasn't been time to test.

Main benefit is that your staff keeps growing like Monk Fists but you're two-handed so you also get that bonus. Play Oread for Lead Blades. Fight Enlarged until you can use Legendary Proportions (scrolls might get around the Bone requirement?) or Frightful from your Mythic?

Get Improved Crit and find ways to re-roll for more crits.

The other thing is that you get a full selection of CMs to use for different situations and can Flurry with your Staff at the same time (it auto-triggers the CM of your choice) so great action economy.

But if you bug out early you get none of that. What are people even doing?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Parabalus I cleared market and tower+library. Got back and told Irabeth about it. Haven’t gotten all those rewards yet, when will I get the trigger that the tavern attack didn’t happen?

Only rested once for 9 hours.

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
WTF
:x:x:x:x

I rested twice to skip time and the tavern fight still fucking happens, WTH did I do wrong, fuck off game

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
It was bad in P:K since it was all defense

Crane style/wing/riposte is bugged just like in KM, it gives you +8 AC for -1 attack and works in full armor with any weapon (dual or two-handed) and gives you extra swings every so often. Very few feat chains are as competitive for survivability. You don't even need to be a monk, just take unarmed strike prof.

I agree if it were implemented properly (unarmored and one-handed only) it would be more selective but this is Owlcat we're talking about, who has time for playtesting and balance when you can have tranny lesbian orc hookers an sheet.

Acrux

Arcane
There is no mod that can fix that Seelah is abysmally written though. You can change her face. You can change her voice. You can't change that her character is close to non-existent, and even the little that she has sucks.

Someone posted in this thread earlier the location of the folder where all the localized string files are kept, so it is technically possible to change how characters are written. I think it's around 70k lines. Once the game is patched up, I would like to see a mod that improves (reduces) character dialogue.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
PF: WotR update 1.0.2g/1.0.2f

Crusaders!
We’ve just uploaded a hotfix (1.0.2g for Windows and 1.0.2f for Mac) for the following issues:

• Difficulty settings were resetting to default after the 1.0.2e patch - fixed;
  • It was possible to loot the same corpses multiple times - fixed;
  • In the crusade mode, the Necromancy effect only spawned the undead units if there were none in your army - fixed.

To arms!

purupuru

Learned
WTF
:x:x:x:x

I rested twice to skip time and the tavern fight still fucking happens, WTH did I do wrong, fuck off game
Did you use the recommended default rest time? Level 3 rest time is like two days or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom