Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Romanceable Aivu when? hu3hu3hu3 just kidding.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Is Scorching Ray in Crusades the I-Win button? Seems to have huge scale damage.
Anything with magic, really. I suspect the skills that aren't magic simply don't work. Never had units trigger my traps, nor did the +dmg or +ac skills seem to do anything.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Is Scorching Ray in Crusades the I-Win button? Seems to have huge scale damage.

The burning fluid Siege ability is working now for Ranger General and it's a nice one too. You eventually get Fireball with the Mage.

Salvo

Arcane
Will be waiting patiently for all the people shooting it down now to come back in a couple years and proclaim it's an underrated masterpiece as is typical codex behaviour

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Will be waiting patiently for all the people shooting it down now to come back in a couple years and proclaim it's an underrated masterpiece as is typical codex behaviour

People said that about DOS2 and it is only praised by Larian cultists which doesn't care about immersion

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What is the problem with power gaming? Is there any reason to play this thing if it isnt to power game the shit out of it? The first motherfucker that comes talking of "roleplaying" on a game that has a furry in it and half the cast talk like californian girls, I will throw a virtual shoe on his head.
You can leave your hat on.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The sad part is that it will be kodex goty. Fuck,we have a lot poser faggots in here.

You'd think the people that went full autismo during the beta might have warned us about the shoddy quality but here we are.
Come on, you've been playing RPGs for how long and you need an explicit warning? I'm something of a stoic it seems, never expected a complete and fully functioning game at release. Is this what you are raging against?

I'm still in the beginning of Ch 2 though. Where would you say it starts to fall apart?

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Parabalus I cleared market and tower+library. Got back and told Irabeth about it. Haven’t gotten all those rewards yet, when will I get the trigger that the tavern attack didn’t happen?

Only rested once for 9 hours.

Did you miss any other main quest?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The sad part is that it will be kodex goty. Fuck,we have a lot poser faggots in here.

You'd think the people that went full autismo during the beta might have warned us about the shoddy quality but here we are.
Come on, you've been playing RPGs for how long and you need an explicit warning? I'm something of a stoic it seems, never expected a complete and fully functioning game at release. Is this what you are raging against?

I'm still in the beginning of Ch 2 though. Where would you say it starts to fall apart?
Sure thing,i am the same type of a dude....but i didn't expected it to be THAT bad. Well chapter 3 is pretty much downhill. Chapter 4 is the best part of the game,after it is a total garbage.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
WTF
:x:x:x:x

I rested twice to skip time and the tavern fight still fucking happens, WTH did I do wrong, fuck off game
Just kill them,nigga. If it is too hard just bump down the enemy stats from the difficulty menu. It is one of those games where even tryhards would agree that sometimes is needed to mess with the stats.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Stoned Ape

Savant
Finally brute forced my way through the resurrecting enemies (one kept coming back to life for 25 minutes in RTWP mode before it finally died. Really have no idea what's going on with them) and cleared Iz.

Completed the three dragon fetch quests, then the other fetch quest that triggers after you've done those three (you get a nice reward from the quest giver after them, he says getting you to do them was teaching you humility. Thanks, Owlcat).

After doing that, you're bumped from Mythic Rank 8 to 10. BAB goes directly to 25, elemental resistances, immunities, and saves are all sky high, d12 hit dice for every level, and the breath weapon is good. Dragon Feats let you pick any 3 without meeting prerequisites, so I went for elven magic, improved cleaving finish, and shatter defences. Be careful what you pick though, as some feats won't work unless you get earlier ones in the chain or another criteria you may not be able to reach (for example Kitsune Pounce requires that you're in Kitsune form to use it, and Armed Bravery needs the Fighter's Bravery class feature to work).

However, the attributes are bugged to hell.

They should all be at 18+, but they are stuck on 14+ the items you were wearing when you got the start of the dragon transformation to begin with.

If you take any of the equipment off, the attributes won't go above 14 afterwards, even if you put it back on again.

Also, tomes, bokken attribute potion, etc. all do nothing. Additionally the half-dragon transformation increases the size of your model, but doesn't increase your reach, weapon damage, or increase your attributes. I'm pretty sure changing form won't boost them either, so enjoy that dragon form without it buffing STR or CON.

Going to leave the save at the end of chapter 5 until Owlcat patch this and start a new character.

Also, best weapon I've found by a mile is an elven curve blade +5 that gives an additional +2 to hit & dmg vs shaken and makes any such target nauseous on hit, elder corrosive + elder burst (bypasses acid resistance). Perfect for when you have 24 hour long frightful aspect on.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finally finished Act 1 and got access to Mythic stuff and they are cool. For my kid witch companion I took that Witch change every day ability, seems OP for witches and only right choice for first ability.
So many of the choices are trap choices for first ability as they all work based on Mythic level which is crap.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Chapter 4 is the best part of the game,after it is a total garbage.

Yep. Ch 4 is the best part cuz is the most unique part. With the best exploration, C&C, quest design and encounter design. It chances the "pacing" a bit. I mean, doesn't matter how powerful you are as a super holy crusade hero in Golarion. In Abyss, you are just an outsider. And interacting with such chaotic environment is interesting. If was up to me to rank the chapter I would rank :

1. ch 4 - Amazing in every aspect.
  2. ch 3 - A lot of good things to do. Many people din't liked much, but I personally enjoyed.
  3. ch 2 - Some cool places to explore and many ways to raid Drezen + some good companions like Regil.
  4. ch 6 - I liked the ending of the game A BIT, but still not great
  5. ch 5 - Too much bloat.
  6. ch 1 + prologue - The worst chapter. Start with a lv 1 character firing a crossbow and damaging a demon lord and ends with PCs getting Deus Ex machina powers + plot armor. Except by Ember, all companions in ch 1 are horrible. and Ember is a lackluster version of Aerie.

miss kangmaker

If for me who loves high level stuff, mainly hordes of the underdark and mask of the betrayer, this game is too artificially epic and bloated I imagine how it is for the "low level fans"... I mean, if monarchs of the lower planes are just another enemy, the game has gone too far. I'm fine with a demon lord or arch devil being the final enemy of a epic level campaign, But you fight multiple godlike creatures in this game. I can list

• mephistopheles - azata questline
  • a demon lord reanimated - lich questline
  • Deskari
  • Baphomet
  • A succubi ultra powerful which I don't remember the name

That is 5 demigod like creatures in a single game.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Also a legend should have been able to become a fucking god lol.
Nah, fuck gods. That's what legend should do - fuck goddesses and kill demon lords. And then go somewhere else, because Golarion is boring. Why be a god in such boring place? That's what i was hoping for.

Yosharian

Arcane
So what's the verdict on the NPC companions, how cool are they to have around, how well are they built (feats/classes/stats etc), and so on?

Camellia
Seelah
Lann
Ember
Arueshalae
Woljif Jefto
Daeran
Sosiel
Regill
Wenduag
Nenio
Delamere
Greybor
Finnean
Staunton Vhane

Stoned Ape

Savant
So what's the verdict on the NPC companions, how cool are they to have around, how well are they built (feats/classes/stats etc), and so on?

Camellia - 4/10 great class, very useful character, annoying sadistic psychopath with annoying sadistic questline
Seelah - 5/10 incredibly useful, can be kept pure paladin or multied into bard, eldritch scion, oracle, cavalier, or bloodrager. Her personality actually didn't bother me much.
Lann - 7/10 used him as a druid. Really, really powerful and useful character who can be built to be useful in a number of ways. I actually liked him quite a bit.
Ember - 7/10 Great attributes for a witch, especially after she gets a attribute boost from her quest. I quite liked her personality.
Arueshalae - 11/10 would do again
Woljif Jefto - 3/10 didn't use him much after chapter 1 as he didn't have a role in my party.
Daeran - 8/10 for attributes, personailty, and questline.
Sosiel - 5/10 Didn't talk to him about his preferences and he didn't bother me with them. Wasted feat before you get him but can be built to be very capable with heavy armour prof.
Regill - 9/10 Really strong just going full armiger/hellknight. Total bro.
Wenduag 3/10 Makes an incredible instinctive warrior barbarian, but she's a treacherous cannibal bitch
Nenio 4/10 really strong build, but badly written and immersion breaking. Didn't use much as my main was a sorcerer and I didn't need another pure arcane caster
Delamere Didn't get
Greybor 8/10 Makes a very strong Slayer 10/ Primalist 10 (you need to make sure you can take the last primalist level on 19 so you can get greater beast totem as a bonus feat). Fun character and a professional bro.
Finnean Depends. If you're a good aligned longsword user then he becomes one of the best weapons in the game if you complete his quest (+5 sword that hits touch AC)
Staunton Vhane Didn't get

EDIT: Most common party comp through the game:

Seelah, Regill, Sorcerer MC, Lann, Arueshalae, Daeran

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom